4.70 star(s) 17 Votes
Aug 4, 2021
No stutters in VR? really? wow, then i must be doing something wrong. How do you remove the threads in the TM?
Almost none yes. Only very few right after loading a scene but then it's stable.
I have to add, I pretty much debloated my Windows 10 installation quite a bit. Also disabled the Windows design shit and set Windows visual effects to max performance except for smooth text. In your GPU driver settings you can also set your GPU to max performance for VaM and make sure you set "Texture filtering - Quality" to "high performance".
No gamebar, msedge and many other useless services are running in the background so Windows has more resources for a heavy VaM installation. Iam also using a custom updateable Nvidia driver with all the background telemetry disabled. You can do this with NVCleanstall if you are using Nvidia.

For adjusting the thread count
You go to the VaM process in your taskmanager, expand, VamProcess "go to details" and "set affinity". Also "set priority" to realtime after you are in the main menu. When changing the priority while loading, VaM will crash.

Reactions: Neon_simp

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Anyone using Virtual Sweethard Reloaded and knows how to get dependencies for it?
Open VaM, then open "Hub Browse" and click on "Scan Hub for Missing Referenced Packages", then "Download All". Every single dependency (except the specific version of the Timeline plugin) can be downloaded that way.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Anyone using Virtual Sweethard Reloaded and knows how to get dependencies for it?
Open VaM, then open "Hub Browse" and click on "Scan Hub for Missing Referenced Packages", then "Download All". Every single dependency (except the specific version of the Timeline plugin) can be downloaded that way.
This only works if you are not like me: I skip too many dependencies for scenes. Specially looks, and hairs, because I never use them. I always swap them out for my favorite ones.

If that's also your case, go to package manager, find the scene to check it's dependencies, and then do the scan for missing packages but don't click download all. Select only the ones that are needed/wanted.

But it only works with dependencies hosted on the hub, which isn't always true. Idk if that's the case for this scene.

c00lb3ans

Aug 21, 2018
Anyone knows what VaM 2.x is gonna bring to the table?

For the record, words cannot describe how great Vam 1.x feels to me. The only issues I see are resource usage and package management but that's only because I am a poverty stricken linux user. So I am asking this out of curiosity.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Anyone knows what VaM 2.x is gonna bring to the table?

For the record, words cannot describe how great Vam 1.x feels to me. The only issues I see are resource usage and package management but that's only because I am a poverty stricken linux user. So I am asking this out of curiosity.
VAM2 will be just a straight upgrade everywhere: newer engine, more tools for content creators, better performance... but it will be even more complex to learn.

About package management, check these posts from the developer:
Yeah I am considering releasing as a SFW app, but I do worry that might not attract the audience needed to buy it. People might not realize what you can actually do with it and marketting the SFW version might leave potential buyers wondering what the heck it is for. I don't think it would sell that well marketted as an animation application or character model simulator. I think additional content and features would have to be developed to make that somehow appealing. So that might be a backup plan. I think to start it will be VaM2 as a NSFW application because there is very clearly a huge audience for that on Steam. For the very brief amount of time VaM1 + vamX was on Steam, it was in the top 20 sellers of ALL games including AAA titles. It was weird seeing it outselling GTA.
Unfortunately Steam removed it for unclear reasons, but our best guess was due to the Hub and unrestricted content, or maybe they didn't like a NSFW title being in the top 20 sellers. Steam has a very strict policy about an application linking to sites like Patreon or other store fronts. We had removed those to meet their requirements, but there was a bug that allowed these links to accidentally appear again depending on how the Hub filters were set. That may be the reason for removal and aligns with Steam's very brief stated reason for removal. Because of this VaM2 will not have a built-in Hub. The Hub2 will run as external application for downloading/managing addon content. The runtime will simply recognize when content has changed and automatically refresh.
The packaging system will be completely different between VaM1 and VaM2. I don't yet know when we will have Hub2 up and running, but it won't be in time for 1st beta. Early betas won't have an easy way to share content with others. Things could change rapidly so real sharing won't be supported until we at least have some stability with the models and addon system. Hub2 is going to have same terms as Hub1

doiglas69

Oct 19, 2022
I'd love some recommendations on some longer scenes please. Really enjoy Hip Venus, Motion, those kinds just riding along with the scene.

Aug 4, 2021
VAM2 will be just a straight upgrade everywhere: newer engine, more tools for content creators, better performance... but it will be even more complex to learn.

About package management, check these posts from the developer:
I really hope there will be no problems with existing var files. Would be a real pain if nothing would be compatible.

vissegard

May 29, 2020
Is there something that tops Virtual Sweetheart Reloaded as an all in one package kind of thing? I'm after messing around with it a bit and it seems super quality

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I really hope there will be no problems with existing var files. Would be a real pain if nothing would be compatible.
Probably won't be compatible. According to meshedvr:
I would have attempted to move VaM1 to a new version of Unity but a Physx change made all forces behave differently. It would have literally broken most of the scenes out there. So that was a no-go. And newer tech can only be achieved with a new version of Unity. So that is why VaM2 ultimately happened. It comes with big benefits though. Rewrite of things that were not optimal or not fixable in a backward compatible way
Nothing is going to directly translate. The model textures are not compatible between Genesis 2 and Genesis 8 so they require a conversion process. Morphs are not the same.

Reactions: Tomboy Enjoyer
Jan 20, 2022
It would be great if they released 2.0 alongside conversion software for morphs, textures, assets, etc. Or at least some guides. Otherwise a lot of people might not migrate over from 1.x within the first couple months or even years without their waifus and favorite scenes

Aug 4, 2021
Thanks!
I think I stay on 1.xx then when 2.0 get's released. I only care about my adjusted apearence presets, scenes and a handful of plugins.
Pretty sure, even with 2.0 it will take quite some time to be more/fully combatible with our existing plugins.
I can pass on Naturalis if the new physics do what they should.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Thanks!
I think I stay on 1.xx then when 2.0 get's released. I only care about my adjusted apearence presets, scenes and a handful of plugins.
Pretty sure, even with 2.0 it will take quite some time to be more/fully combatible with our existing plugins.
I can pass on Naturalis if the new physics do what they should.
Hold off on making plans; give it a shot first. If it hooks you, invest more time. But don't expect compatibility with current content. First, because it may be easier to remake stuff from the ground up than to port it to the new game. Secondly, certain elements may become obsolete and unnecessary. I really hope the most important plugins won't be needed because they get integrated in the vanilla game, like Timeline, Givemefps, VAMMoan, etc.

I'm optimistic, especially since it's slated for a Steam release. With that exposure, the player base and content creators should skyrocket. I have high expectations; it might even spark a frenzy in the adult gaming scene if it receives awards or climbs high in sales rankings.

However, I doubt the release of VAM2 is close at all. It seems like it's many years away; just checking their Trello, the development of VAM2 has been ongoing for quite some time, but it doesn't seem anywhere close to completion. :

It would be great if they released 2.0 alongside conversion software for morphs, textures, assets, etc. Or at least some guides. Otherwise a lot of people might not migrate over from 1.x within the first couple months or even years without their waifus and favorite scenes
For me, the most important thing would be to launch with solid vanilla content by partnering with skilled creators for attractive looks and scenes. My previous experience with VAM made me quit because the vanilla appearances/scenes were awful, and I doubted any custom content could fix it.

Last edited:

Ciacho132066

Apr 16, 2023
Hello. Thank you for the insert. Can I get a link to guides on how to get started? I download ready-made assets. I don't know exactly where to copy them. I downloaded VAMDoll but they have no hair...

Aug 4, 2021
Hello. Thank you for the insert. Can I get a link to guides on how to get started? I download ready-made assets. I don't know exactly where to copy them. I downloaded VAMDoll but they have no hair...
All .var files go into "AddonPackages". Some content has folders like "saves" or "custom" and so on. These are going into the main VaM directory. If your downloaded model does not have any hair, check their dependencies. Iam not 100% sure but VAMDoll does not use CUA hair but I could be wrong. Some creators are porting hair straight over to unity and they are a "CUA Asset" then.
You need an extra plugin to make them work but you have to load the CUA session plugin everytime you launch VaM when you want these hair to be displayed correctly. Tbh Iam not a fan of those.

There are beginner guides on YT. If there is anything specific you wanna know or its too confusing or not explained in the tutorial feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ciacho132066

Ciacho132066

Apr 16, 2023
Wszystkie pliki .var trafiają do „AddonPackages”. Niektóre treści mają foldery takie jak „zapisy” lub „niestandardowe” i tak dalej. Przechodzą one do głównego katalogu VaM. Jeżeli pobrany model nie posiada żadnych włosów, sprawdź ich zależności. Nie jestem na 100% pewien, ale VAMDoll nie używa włosów CUA, ale mogę się mylić. Niektórzy twórcy przenoszą włosy bezpośrednio do Unity i wtedy stają się „zasobami CUA”.
Potrzebujesz dodatkowej wtyczki, aby działały, ale musisz ładować wtyczkę sesji CUA za każdym razem, gdy uruchamiasz VaM, jeśli chcesz, aby te włosy były wyświetlane poprawnie. Tbh, nie jestem ich fanem.

Na YT są poradniki dla początkujących. Jeśli jest coś konkretnego, co chcesz wiedzieć, jest to zbyt zagmatwane lub nie wyjaśnione w samouczku, napisz do mnie na PW.
[/CYTAT]
Dzięki przyjacielu! Szanuję

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes