4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

unearnedalpha

Oct 16, 2018
Hello, new to VAM so bear with me. When I run a project/scene I’m only able to what appears to be is editing the scene while I float around as a camera. How do I actually watch/play these scenes in first person VR (i use oculus)

also I’ve noticed a huge performance upgrade (less network lag) when I don’t use steamvr but the only downside is the game is no longer full screen when usjng virtual desktop. Appreciate any advice, ty

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Do you guys use FSR for VaM? Is it worth it for VR for GPU intensive scenes?
I don't use it. The best thing for me was limiting hair curve/multiplier with givemefps plugin to something like 14~20 and increasing hair width a little bit to compensate. Also removing all hair from the male (beards, chest, etc) can give a good performance gain.

Right now, I'm using VD with VDXR, max bit rate, snapdragon super resolution, SSW auto. I'm pretty happy with this performance/quality. My setup is a Ryzen 5600 + RX6700XT

Also, I noticed that using a narrower IPD setting on my quest 2 gives me a sharper image. But for most other games I like to set it higher. I'm not sure why. My theory is that in VAM everything is so close to you that your eyes are a little bit more converged, so the IPD is lower. (if that even makes sense...)

There is FSR?
VR perfkit maybe. Using a 'subjective based benchmark' (AKA my opinions) I couldn't detect any performance gains. Only a worse image.

Aug 4, 2021
For openvr? I just start the VaM.exe and steamvr pops up. It's not the same right? I don't know lol :WaitWhat:
A 2 year old reddit post states, that with OpenVR and FSR you can get a clearer image with maybe a little performance gain.

vissegard

May 29, 2020
VR perfkit maybe. Using a 'subjective based benchmark' (AKA my opinions) I couldn't detect any performance gains. Only a worse image.
Did a little bit of research and it seems like you can get it to work with OpenXR I'll mess around with it today and see if it gives any cool benefits and if it even works

vissegard

May 29, 2020
is there a 2023 guide for VaM plugins? there are a million plugins that really add to the VaM experience, but dont know what to use or start with.
Honestly just download some recent "all in one" packages (from SlamT or TGC) and see what plugins they use. Also Alive plugin is pretty good

gurjohn34

Nov 20, 2022
Honestly just download some recent "all in one" packages (from SlamT or TGC) and see what plugins they use. Also Alive plugin is pretty good
Was looking at Alive, but its been adding so many features that i cant really make heads or tails of what it does anymore.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Try to modificate gen's - but we have - morphs (over9000), textures and plugins (like rod, extra autogen, multipass, autolabia, body lang, colliders, surgery, thrust, joint & many more)

gimpoid

Jan 28, 2018
Does anyone have an issue with the view always slowly drifting forward even when you are seated and not moving or touching the controls? Using WMR and Steam VR to play. When I enable mouse movement then it stops but I would rather control the view and move with the VR controllers

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
is there a 2023 guide for VaM plugins? there are a million plugins that really add to the VaM experience, but dont know what to use or start with.
Check my signature. Those are my favorites.

Does anyone have an issue with the view always slowly drifting forward even when you are seated and not moving or touching the controls? Using WMR and Steam VR to play. When I enable mouse movement then it stops but I would rather control the view and move with the VR controllers
I don't use WMR, but it can be stick drift? Adjust deadzone. Or maybe controller inputs misconfiguration? Calibrate in the Steam app.

Reactions: gimpoid
Aug 4, 2021
Was looking at Alive, but its been adding so many features that i cant really make heads or tails of what it does anymore.
You should check out "Body language". It has neat features like slaps of all kinds, expressions (ahegao included). auto handjob which works better than the plugin from silver circler and alot more. Oh yeah, it's free.

Reactions: brasileirinho
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes