4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
No it's the fact that it uses Daz3D models as base for the characters and those were never meant for real time rendering, you can disable soft bodies, reduce hair and clothing sim GPU iterations and use lower resolution textures but you'll never be able to get around the fact the models have too much poly.
so my old rx 580 could do 40 fps and my new rx 7900 xt is doing the same...

DeadDogi

Mar 27, 2019
Then you have to load the CUA manager plugin as session plugin and load the hair item within the CuA options. Oh yeah, you have to do this everytime you start VaM.
The session plugin can be set as default and then when VAM starts it will be automatically enabled

meatslinger

Feb 26, 2022
so my old rx 580 could do 40 fps and my new rx 7900 xt is doing the same...
If you pop open Task Manager while VaM is running poorly and go to the Performance tab, is the CPU maxed out? Or for that matter, your RAM? When I only had 16 GB of RAM VaM would outright crash trying to handle some scenes, not to mention running like dogshit when it was really close to the cap; I had to go up to 32 GB to make it run smoothly. But yeah, if the CPU is overloaded that could explain it too; doesn't matter how powerful the video card is if the computer can't ask for frames fast enough.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
From what I know and understood (here others could tell you better) RAM is important so you can have a stabile FPS after loading everything...

Stefan88

Apr 3, 2018
Need help
I recently encountered a problem with VR. When i launch vr mode I can only see black screen. When mirror to desktop i can see game works fine, but in goggles there is only black screen.

Aug 4, 2021
Need help
I recently encountered a problem with VR. When i launch vr mode I can only see black screen. When mirror to desktop i can see game works fine, but in goggles there is only black screen.
You have to make sure that Steam VR is running and recognized your headset. If the Steam VR dashboard is visable on the goggles then VaM should be displayed as well. If your glasses only support a certain Hz then make sure the VR Software and Steam VR is set up correctly.

Reactions: Stefan88

Stefan88

Apr 3, 2018
You have to make sure that Steam VR is running and recognized your headset. If the Steam VR dashboard is visable on the goggles then VaM should be displayed as well. If your glasses only support a certain Hz then make sure the VR Software and Steam VR is set up correctly.
Never had problem before with steamvr. I solved it by launching VR directly through oculus without steamvr

Anexotwz

Nov 19, 2021
Hey guys, anyone can share the vamX password for 1.32? Would LOVE to subscribe to his patreon but 20 dollar is a lot in my country and im broke af

• Haha
Reactions: BigFrogX

diusank

Oct 7, 2020
the closer i get to the model the lower my fps gets and that's a real problem for VR. when the whole model is in vision i get 80 fps, when i'm so close that i can only see her face i get 35 fps. is there any fix for this?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
the closer i get to the model the lower my fps gets and that's a real problem for VR. when the whole model is in vision i get 80 fps, when i'm so close that i can only see her face i get 35 fps. is there any fix for this?
Yes, the problem is the hair, as mentioned above. But the only solutions were either removing all hair from the model (no, thank you), or running the game through Virtual Desktop.

I used to have the same problem when running with ALVR, which requires SteamVR. Using VD this isn't a problem. If you use airlink, try to run without SteamVR, there is a slight chance that this will fix it. Also, try using Givemefps plugin and reducing hair multiplier. Maybe it can work for you (for me it didn't)

Reactions: diusank

diusank

Oct 7, 2020
Yes, the problem is the hair, as mentioned above. But the only solutions were either removing all hair from the model (no, thank you), or running the game through Virtual Desktop.

I used to have the same problem when running with ALVR, which requires SteamVR. Using VD this isn't a problem. If you use airlink, try to run without SteamVR, there is a slight chance that this will fix it. Also, try using Givemefps plugin and reducing hair multiplier. Maybe it can work for you (for me it didn't)
Dang i didn't think the hair was the problem... Well at least it's something i can fix, i was afraid it would be something on the engine or driver level. Thanks for letting me know. I'll test the differences between VD, Air link and Stream VR tomorrow.

meatslinger

Feb 26, 2022
Dang i didn't think the hair was the problem... Well at least it's something i can fix, i was afraid it would be something on the engine or driver level. Thanks for letting me know. I'll test the differences between VD, Air link and Stream VR tomorrow.
You can also try using a plugin like (link to plugin page on VaM hub) in order to reduce hair quality automatically in all scenes. Just lowering the number of individual strands and making the existing ones thicker can make a world of difference.

Aug 4, 2021

You can also set the hair pieces in the "Look" tab to "fast".
I cannot recommend Givemefps because it resets all hair assets physics to 16 which will look really bad if you use pubic or other hair assets like brows.
Use OpenVR with FSR2 and lower hair pieces quality to a minimum and or to personal liking. Reducing hair lenght also boosts fps.
If you use a single dim light (from bodylanguage's watchme plugin for example) and toggle off all other light resource (within watchme with one click), you will not really see a difference in hair quality but your fps should be significantly better than before.
Mine jumped from 15-20ish on heavy scenes to 30 and higher with a 1080ti.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes