4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Dark_Templar

Aug 16, 2017
Well, tbh i dont own VR and i tried Easy Mate and i would give you a cautious no. All the scenes are very much made to be played with a VR set (ofc since its the main idea behind virt-a-mate), but you can still at least watch and advance most of the scenes with mouse and keyboard. The thing you cant do, is playing the scenes which are made to play with the controlers, since you are supposed to grab the npc and move them yourself, e.g. in a doggystyle scene, otherwise the characters just sit there doing nothing.
Also, you can watch the scene in first person POV, but i personally had some problems with it, since the turning point stayed somewhere outside the figure and whenever i moved the camera, the whole body moved and messed up the scene. I had to zoom in per mousewheel as far as i could before going into first person mode for it to work. For every damn scene and whenever you advance the scene, you had to do it again.

So if you can deal with moving the camera around, everytime the scene changes and if you are ok with it, that you basicly only use half or maybe even less of the functions the game offers, then you might as well try it.
But for the size of it (about 18gb) and if you dont have a VR set, you should go for maybe something like Wild Life since it offers about the same, if not more i would say, for less disk space.
That's a shame, I did like what the engine could offer and do love a good sandbox but I feel this thing is made for VR (at least to play scenes etc) I would also love to get a VR headset not just for this but there is no stock anywhere atm at least nothing under 1k.

Yeah I have played WL, it has potential but very boring after 10-15mins. Oh well.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Virt-a-Mate is the greatest (adult) VR experience you'll ever get! I've been supporting this project for almost two years now, and the developer is doing god's work!

For new "players", using Virt-a-Mate (or "VaM" for short) will mostly be very frustrating, because first of all it's not a game. If you're looking for something you just install, run, and then experience some nice, sultry, sexy scenes, you'll be disappointed! VaM is a sandbox for creating awesome stuff, and therefore you either have to create your very own "scenes" or use some of the community shared ones (more on that later). Also the interface may not be the most intuitive one, and to be fair, there's quite a steep learning curve on how to use it.

VaM has full physics support (on models and clothing), an import feature for models, morphs, clothing, textures, assets etc., so the possibilities are almost endless. As of now (version 1.19.x) it only support DAZ' Genesis 2 figures. You can import clothes from your DAZ library into VaM, or you can use the integrated clothes creator to create your own clothes. There's also a hair styling tool which allows you to create your own hair styles.

There's a where people are sharing their creations: models (called "looks"), clothes, hair styles or even full scenes with models/clothes/assets and animations. Or you can join the official , where people do share stuff, too. And with the newly release VaM package system, sharing content is as easy as it gets!

And yes, VaM can be used in desktop mode, too. But: while setting up a scene in desktop mode maybe easier than in VR, to get the full experience out of a scene I strongly recommend using a VR headset! And because it's all real time, you always can jump into a scene and modify it to your liking -- change the models, have them wear different clothes, use a different light setup etc..

Although I'm not really a fan of "dick girls", is a great example of what's currently possible: changing the speed of the animation "on the fly" for each character individually and making them cum whenever you want to -- how can someone not like that? ;-)

There will be one more major 1.x release, version 1.20. After that, the developer will focus mainly on the development of version 2, which he is already working on. Version 2 will greatly improve the overall performance, it will have Genesis 3/8 support, (hopefully) a better UI, and much more I'm currently missing. But after 1.20 it will be a long way to version 2.x, and as he already posted on Patreon, the first release(s) of version 2.x will have less features than 1.20, but he will keep adding all of the current features during the ongoing development process. But my guess is that there will be no version 2 release in 2020. So, have a go with version 1.19 (and 1.20 when it's released), and enjoy the best adult VR experience you'll ever get!

he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
I wish I had read this before downloading and extracting 16GB
I can't wait for 2.0 and the supposedly improved UI. I gave it a couple of hours and the interface plain SUX.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I wish I had read this before downloading and extracting 16GB
I can't wait for 2.0 and the supposedly improved UI. I gave it a couple of hours and the interface plain SUX.
I still suggest you'll give it a try, you have downloaded it already, so don't give up. Once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to use, even in VR. But yes, an overall better UI is what almost everybody wants to see in 2.x ;-)

JohnDoeJoe

Apr 24, 2017
an overall better UI is what almost everybody wants to see in 2.x ;-)
Not really. I'm still waiting for an ingame scene browser (one that actually just works) so I dont have to deal with the 213510 different ways of scene creators sharing stuff. Still waiting for a proper ingame browser (one that actually works and plays videos). Still waiting for a local video player ingame. And still waiting for Genesis Model 3/8 support. Oh and something very simple and user friendly like girl -> position -> doggystyle still don't exist.

All of this, at least for me, is more important than moving a menu from here to there (again) and making a button bigger or smaller (again).

blackR

May 30, 2017
I'm using it without a VR rig. I was wondering how it is like using one though and really interested in getting one.
Not even sure what's missing if I'm using a mouse except the Z axis in terms of precision control so it's more of a restricted 1 handed job?

There's a Desktop Mode and for Easy Mate I think it's weird because you get a tutorial that you don't get when you just use it normal?
I put in Easy Mate and have to say it's nice to have some stuff to check out before delving into customization.
I guess what you missing is mo-cap, whit VR you can motion capture animations really fast and record them...

wowwowpop

Apr 13, 2020
I guess what you missing is mo-cap, whit VR you can motion capture animations really fast and record them...
I'll have to look into that if I get the hardware. Every time I tinker with 3d modeling I always feel it difficult to control every working part.

My main issue right now is not knowing if my graphics settings are set right or if I'm missing other stuff.

I loaded up DAZ and I'm looking at other peeps screens and such and how high quality they are and I keep thinking if this is stock or there are plugs and textures that are higher res or is it my video card not rendering properly.

Like an example with VAM.
I have the latest catalyst drivers for my RX295x2 and I had Tessalations set to OFF wondering why hair wasn't showing up until I fiddled with the settings trying to see what worked best.

With Easymate it seems like everything part of the scene loads as it should as a package so unless I'm missing anything like a plugin that intercepts that.

MidgetForehead

Jun 6, 2018
wish i had the patience, i tried, failed miserably and give up. thumbs up to people who can do something with it, i appreciate your hard work.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
wish i had the patience, i tried, failed miserably and give up. thumbs up to people who can do something with it, i appreciate your hard work.
Sadly this happens to a lot of new users. And I think that's one reason why this "game" isn't more popular, although (and I keep repeating myself here) it really is the best VR experience out there. And that's why the community is trying to give new users an easy out-of-the-box experience with add-ons like " ", which is a nice start. I personally (as some kind of "experienced" user) actually don't like Easy Mate very much, I prefer downloading stuff individually.

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing. How do I load scenes? How do I add other characters? Are scenes and characters already installed or do I have to download and import them? Any help is appreciated.

Wargen

Memento mori
Donor
Nov 12, 2017
1) You don't need a VR headset to play this though I highly recommend getting one.​
2) After you download the game and use the key to unlock all features you should go to the main reddit and check out the guides as there is too much stuff to explain and I won't be bothered to do so myself.​
3) Anything you could possibly need (Textures, scenes, models, etc)you can get on discord or the Reddit directory:
4) Because I've seen lots of newcomers asking I'll mention this also, you can't just download DAZ3D stuff and throw it in the game, it has to be converted first and that's not the easiest thing to do.​
5) Easymate is literally just a bunch of popular scenes from reddit bunched together for ease of access, after you know the basics it's pretty much pointless to use but if you're lazy go for it.​
When it comes to loading models, saving them, switching textures, etc it's covered in the existing Reddit guides. If you find something that isn't explained or have a different issue just ask here and I'll try to answer in the easiest way I can.
The main focus of this "game" will always be VR and not the desktop version at least until it's finished.​

blackR

May 30, 2017
I'll have to look into that if I get the hardware. Every time I tinker with 3d modeling I always feel it difficult to control every working part.

My main issue right now is not knowing if my graphics settings are set right or if I'm missing other stuff.

I loaded up DAZ and I'm looking at other peeps screens and such and how high quality they are and I keep thinking if this is stock or there are plugs and textures that are higher res or is it my video card not rendering properly.

Like an example with VAM.
I have the latest catalyst drivers for my RX295x2 and I had Tessalations set to OFF wondering why hair wasn't showing up until I fiddled with the settings trying to see what worked best.

With Easymate it seems like everything part of the scene loads as it should as a package so unless I'm missing anything like a plugin that intercepts that.
the main problem whit vam it das not have keyframe animation system, but there is a plugin for this...still it lacks control and because of physique it hard to animate in desktop mode, better than nothing
links in the video description

wowwowpop

Apr 13, 2020
1) You don't need a VR headset to play this though I highly recommend getting one.​
2) After you download the game and use the key to unlock all features you should go to the main reddit and check out the guides as there is too much stuff to explain and I won't be bothered to do so myself.​
3) Anything you could possibly need (Textures, scenes, models, etc)you can get on discord or the Reddit directory:​
4) Because I've seen lots of newcomers asking I'll mention this also, you can't just download DAZ3D stuff and throw it in the game, it has to be converted first and that's not the easiest thing to do.​
5) Easymate is literally just a bunch of popular scenes from reddit bunched together for ease of access, after you know the basics it's pretty much pointless to use but if you're lazy go for it.​
When it comes to loading models, saving them, switching textures, etc it's covered in the existing Reddit guides. If you find something that isn't explained or have a different issue just ask here and I'll try to answer in the easiest way I can.​
The main focus of this "game" will always be VR and not the desktop version at least until it's finished.​
Are there any suggestions on what to set on the video card drivers or in game that makes the graphics more higher quality? I have a Radeon and literally turned everything on there to maximum and override but seems like the hair always still looks off compared to the screenshots or is it just the hairs that come with it? like zoomed in you can see the hair isn't curved but frizzyish. Unless I want a fully bald chick the hair looks so fake for me atm. I've only read about plugins like p magic from that dude so not sure if that would help.

the main problem whit vam it das not have keyframe animation system, but there is a plugin for this...still it lacks control and because of physique it hard to animate in desktop mode, better than nothing
links in the video description
Oh nice.
The way I figure this kind of thing you sort of need the 2 hand controls to make it work good. That's like the difference between a fleshlight and a sex doll LOL.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing. How do I load scenes? How do I add other characters? Are scenes and characters already installed or do I have to download and import them? Any help is appreciated.
Because I don't know how far you already get into using VaM, here's an for VaM. They're quite old, but most of the stuff covered hasn't changed (like the basics of the UI, loading, posing etc.). Give it a try. Recently JustLookingForNothing added a new video explaining how to use the new package system in VaM for exchanging content.

Reactions: tangre

JohnDoh666

Mar 23, 2020
A quick noob question, is it relatively easy to drop yourself as a male caracter into a VAM scene and have sex with the model in the scene, or does it require a lot of customizing and setting up of the scene itself?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
A quick noob question, is it relatively easy to drop yourself as a male caracter into a VAM scene and have sex with the model in the scene, or does it require a lot of customizing and setting up of the scene itself?
Depends on what you'd consider as "relatively easy". You can just add a male character to a scene (if there isn't one already) and "possess" him. That means that in VR you basically move your head where the male head is and move your controllers (=hands) where the male hands are -- and boom -- you're one with that character! This works with female characters, too.

From now on, if you move your hands, you move the characters hands, if you move your head, you move the characters head. (If you happen to have additional trackers, you could even possess the character's feet and/or hip!) You don't see the character's head anymore, because you *are* the character. Dance in front of a mirror, have sex with any other characters in the scene, it's all up you from now on.

One thing you always want to add to your female counterpart is something like the "E-Motion" plugin. Makes characters come to live. They breath (fuilly animated and with audio), they look at you, they change their expression, they can do random "idle" movements -- it's great!

JohnDoh666

Mar 23, 2020
Depends on what you'd consider as "relatively easy". You can just add a male character to a scene (if there isn't one already) and "possess" him. That means that in VR you basically move your head where the male head is and move your controllers (=hands) where the male hands are -- and boom -- you're one with that character! This works with female characters, too.

From now on, if you move your hands, you move the characters hands, if you move your head, you move the characters head. (If you happen to have additional trackers, you could even possess the character's feet and/or hip!) You don't see the character's head anymore, because you *are* the character. Dance in front of a mirror, have sex with any other characters in the scene, it's all up you from now on.

One thing you always want to add to your female counterpart is something like the "E-Motion" plugin. Makes characters come to live. They breath (fuilly animated and with audio), they look at you, they change their expression, they can do random "idle" movements -- it's great!
A great answer, thanks. How about animated scenes? Can I stop them and kind of taker over? If so, how do I do that?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes