4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
I'm also interested in 1.3 if someone is willing to share! :D
Thank you very much, I apologize for my stupidity =)
Listen, it's simple :) Go to the first page, of this thread and read all, ALL, of the very first post. Then, DL every single part from a source of your choice, Extract the first part and then, start reading every single post on this thread, which explains solutions to many of the problems people have been having.

If you still come here begging for at out-dated version and help, because you cannot add stuff or make your own scenes, then I am sorry to say, that there is not much we can do for you.

Reactions: Strongwood

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
ROMANXXX
Depends on what you want to experience for the Full VR Presence Interactive experience that can fully manipulate your Brain and cognitive functions (like a drug), yes you do need a VR Headset, else your presence and immersion factor will be very limited and way less addictive.
Also "VAM is no Game" i'ts rather a "creative experience of another kind".
If you just want to experience it from the outside like your normal flat Animated 3D experience on a 2D Display in Real 3D Space.
Such as you experience these now watching it

then the answer would be nope, but if you want to feel like being there and experience it from the outside as a observer or even being him or her actively then the answer would be yes, it's impossible to fake the Brain into believing this without the headset on a 2D Display in 3D Space, unless you aren't heavily drugged already while watching it ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: ROMANXXX

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn straight it is addictive in VR! Especially with all the script plugins that give them so much more life.

Also, making opsies with the physics is hilarious. Try Atom linking Person A's headcontroller to Person B's headcontroller and vica virsa, then setting the parts to Physics Link on them.

ROMANXXX

Nov 6, 2019
Krosos
Thanks for the informative answer, I just want to play it like renpy or rpgm game if it possible, right now I got 15.4 GB of the picture below, how can I progress from there using a basic pc (case, monitor, keyboard & mouse)?
Thanks.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Krosos
I just want to play it like renpy or rpgm game if it possible
That's not possible. VaM isn't a game with progression, it's a sandbox for creating models/scenes in VR. Either create your dream scene or download community created scenes/models/content and "enjoy" them. There's nothing more.

But don't get me wrong: as I already wrote in my review, it's the greatest VR experience you could ever get, once you get the hang of it!

D

Deleted member 255528

Installed the VaM and the Easy Mate IV, running fine.

Is there any way to get more scene other than the official VaM discord and ?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there any way to get more scene other than the official VaM discord and ?
There's also a subreddit for it (r/VAMscenes, although it's been flooded by paid content lately, but there's still some nice free content), and there's the official Discord channel for VaM, which you already found.

D

Deleted member 255528

I think I have gone through the tutorial, but still have a few more newbie questions:
- What is the difference between the Desktop mode and VR mode? I feel the Desktop mode is exactly the same as VR mode in my desktop
- How to unload an Environment?
- After I add a Person, that new Person is always stuck in the wall or floor, I tried to "move" them from the menu but they are still stuck in the wall

Thanks in advance.

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018

As to the first one, I am not sure what you are trying to say. Are you launching the program as VR, but don't have a VR set? If so, do not do that and just stick to using the Desktop mode.

If you mean, how you remove an Atom environment, use the "Select" function (the classic mouse cursor icon), find the environment in the list, under control, you can remove it.

As for the last one, select the wall/floor the person is stuck in, go under one of the physics settings for that wall/floor and uncheck the Collision box.

Reactions: theMickey_
D

Deleted member 1843495

- What is the difference between the Desktop mode and VR mode? I feel the Desktop mode is exactly the same as VR mode in my desktop

Theres a huge difference from Desktop to VR. In VR Mode, you are inside the App and you can move around in it. Creating Scenes and animations is alot more intuitive compared to desktop mode. Its not so static where as in VR you are free to move where ever you want and its immersive.

- How to unload an Environment?

Thats a pretty cloudy term...
If you want to add a new 3d enviorment then you have to import it with a Unityasset importer.
If you are looking to load a scene then you have to open the main ui menu and load a scene there.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 255528

Thanks man, it's very helpful

After played around 15-20 hours, I found that most of my time (like over 50% of time) is used on debug the json files.
Most of them have incorrect file path inside due to many reasons.

I think VAM is a very good engine, but far from user friendly

DrunkDragon

Donor
May 26, 2018
gingq9 You can use the App/program/Addon called VACUUM to do much of the legwork of cleaning and sorting. You can get it here:

But make sure you make a copy of the VaM folder, before doing it and make sure you read every dialog box that is shown when doing it.

My VaM folder is ~65GB atm and it only takes 10-20 minutes to do its thing.

D

Deleted member 255528

gingq9 You can use the App/program/Addon called VACUUM to do much of the legwork of cleaning and sorting. You can get it here:

But make sure you make a copy of the VaM folder, before doing it and make sure you read every dialog box that is shown when doing it.

My VaM folder is ~65GB atm and it only takes 10-20 minutes to do its thing.
This is very nice and should be in the OP post.
Is there any other useful tools around?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
TM 2.0 (Chained Dreams)

TM 2.0 (Time to make her Cum)

TM 2.0 (She want's it rougher, down to her cervix and then fast and furius up her backdoor)

Last edited:
Reactions: Torquemadder
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes