4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

carbon420

Jan 3, 2020
I had a key for 1.19.05, from the Patreon email. Canceled last month, plan on subb'ing again but wanted to check out the new stuff before I'm able to sub again. I must not have used a capital "C" if it's case sensitive. Thanks I'll try that, if not then just revert back.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hi guys!

Since last week, I have problems displaying hair correctly. Happens on all models I load. Shadow is shown correctly. Tried different VAM Versions, blank reinstall of VAM and different GPU Drivers. Also talked to the dev but he never experienced this problem. Practically happened over night. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. View attachment 666376
For non AMD users this can also happen on Nvidia Hardware if you over tessellate pretty fast

So if you start to see strange strands appearing behaving strange lower especially your curve settings

Curve setting on full Power 64x is a really bad idea.

TM 2.0 (Riding the Bull by LO)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I got my Odyssey plus, yeah me. I opened VAM and my settings seem screwed up. First thing when going into the app the default room seems to constantly rotate slowly. It's pretty disorienting. The controls are also a bit wonky, my left hand acts as the main controller.

I'd like to download easy mate however, since I used the updater to install VAM, there is no dedicated VAM file. I don't know which folder to unzip it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: SerpentWave

wowwowpop

Apr 13, 2020
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I got my Odyssey plus, yeah me. I opened VAM and my settings seem screwed up. First thing when going into the app the default room seems to constantly rotate slowly. It's pretty disorienting. The controls are also a bit wonky, my left hand acts as the main controller.

I'd like to download easy mate however, since I used the updater to install VAM, there is no dedicated VAM file. I don't know which folder to unzip it in.
How are you doing it? Did you follow the directions for the Odyssey Plus one because for the Odyssey Plus to work you need to route it through Windows Mixed Reality -> Steam VR.

Assuming you got that far because you're talking about when you're in the room and it's auto zooming around.
That issue is the "dead zone" thing and is controller related. It's in Steam VR settings where you set the controller dead zones threshold higher.

Once that's set and it's not doing that anymore then it should be perfect.

Rarely it'll trip up again but you can usually fiddle with it until the controller resyncs and stablizes or just restart the device/app.

As for Easymate, you just copy it all so it's in the root folder of the program. You'll know it's right when you boot up the game and you're seeing a menu and the not the default room with the girl.

Reactions: Oldmantac

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
Thank you. I did follow the instructions for first setting up WMR then SteamVR. I'll look around for the dead zones threshold slider.

As far as Easy Mate (I just want to make sure before I arbitrarily drop a folder that large into another one). I first downloaded the Updater, which seems to be new as of 1.19. Through the updater I downloaded the program file. The program and all its contents are inside the updater file. I'll take a screenshot of that opened folder and post it her in a few minutes. Again thank you for the help.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Hmm, I'm somewhat curious. Can you save animations as videos? Has anybody considered using virt-a-mate as a method of creating animations for their renpy games? Or would it just not be that great looking?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hmm, I'm somewhat curious. Can you save animations as videos? Has anybody considered using virt-a-mate as a method of creating animations for their renpy games? Or would it just not be that great looking?
I haven't seen any games (yet) which used VaM as a source for their renders/animations. Although it's possible to generate screenshots/movies from VaM (for movies people are using something like OBS to record their screen; and if I remember correctly there also was a plugin to create a "virtual camera" for recording, to which you could add commands like moving/zooming and so on, but I don't know if it's still available or working in 1.19).

I think the biggest problem with using VaM as render source is the amount of assets/clothes/looks you can get on VaM right now. Although is growing, it's still "limited" to some point. So that may be one of the things that keep people from using VaM to create stuff for their games.

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
I got most of my issues solved. Thank you for the help. I only downloaded the Easy Mate IV Lite because Mega was telling me I need to upgrade my account to get the whole 22 gigs.

I'm going through the tutorials on there right now and have to say I'm impressed. Holy shit! The only thing that could make it more immersive is if you actually feel whatever you are touching. Hopefully sometime before I die that technology will be available.

Reactions: Thrixxy60

DepravedRaven

Mar 15, 2020
I got most of my issues solved. Thank you for the help. I only downloaded the Easy Mate IV Lite because Mega was telling me I need to upgrade my account to get the whole 22 gigs.
There is a well seeded, fast torrent for the whole 22 gigs, here is the magnet link (qBittorrent is a good, ad free open source client if you don't have one):

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:SNO3J7UR3LO332HFPT5EW2UMFKWUKNN4

I literally just found out about Virt-A-Mate, and I'm just getting started, have not tried the pack yet, but it's coming in fast right now.

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
I can tell you that the tutorials that come with easy mate are very good. They're interactive so as you progress through them you actually perform what's being taught.

DepravedRaven

Mar 15, 2020
I can tell you that the tutorials that come with easy mate are very good. They're interactive so as you progress through them you actually perform what's being taught.
Ok, so noob question...

When installing VaM, what do they mean by "2- Drop the patch in the roo(t) game folder and run it"?

I don't see any patch file anywhere, or is the "patch" the VaM_Updater.zip attached to the first post (which already seems to be in the main zip file)? Or are the instructions outdated, and now you start it up and enter the key numbers?

Thanks for your time.

Reactions: Radars2000

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
What I did was download and unzip the updater and then downloaded the game through the updater. According to his patreon this is the direction he is heading (similar to DAZ).

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
Are the characters in the built-in scenes usable to create your own content? If so how do I look them up?

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Are the characters in the built-in scenes usable to create your own content? If so how do I look them up?
Go into edit mode and select the character you want to save the look of, go to the control tab and click "save look". To load that character add a character "atom" to the scene and, just like how you saved the look, you can load a look on the selected character in the same tab.

Tizona

Mar 26, 2018
what happened to the post that mentioned a lot of different yiff party patreons for VAM? I wish I had copy pasted it to .txt file :(

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
I don't see why they don't create a forum where devs could give a preview of content then link to either the download (if free) or to their Patreon. It would allow much better organization. Reddit has to be the worst format they could have chose.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes