C44826
C28571

i don't know if they work on the new release

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Let's watch them enjoying each other :)
He's a teaser but she likes it :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overnight Stability test Successful :)
gonna port all my results over
Some very Extreme Physics Overhead on this old 4 Core almost the entire frametime is physics, very strange.

Some slight modifications and she could be Angelina Jolie ;)

Located the Physics overhead but it is still strange i have to test this more carefully to understand what is going on and why it suddenly exploded +10ms for no at least visible reason and caused in the end this massive render slowdown.
Latency is pretty good :)

pollux312
It's really fascinating if so many things that feel real come together how our brain starts to believe it
The latency of the movements so low it has so much effect even just watching it

Here is some tweaked result of what we talked about and in your pale Caucasian skin response :)
close to how we perceive it under cold light conditions and what many define as youthfull and are used to see from many Asian countries as a beauty mark and which fools partly also our perception on age detection and which partly photographers/makeup artists use out of their beautification trick box as well as Photoshop Igor ;)

Last edited:

burner772

May 16, 2020
Does anyone have any tips for seated play? increasing Height also seems to lift the character im trying to possess into the air for some reason.

Also anyone know how to get cloth stripping working?

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
I need some help,
Have an Oculus Rift S but can't get the game to work so far. I start it but it remains black screen on desktop and my Oculus only says "Loading..." but no matter how long I wait nothing happens but it has not hung up. It should not lie in the hardware with a RTX 3090, an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x and 32 GB RAM and use Windows 10.
My antivirus has also not detected or blocked anything.

I also looked at all the developer stuff on this:
I have not saved the VAM in a protected folder.
I have overwritten the updater with the current updater from Patreon and then have over the launcher, the game update.
The updater is not blocked by Windows.
However, I recently tried to run the benchmarks, also the .bat files. But there happens exactly the same, only a black screen and is that normal? I'm beginning to wonder if there is just a strict order to be followed? Do I need to do the benchmarks before updating? or i forgot something? :unsure:
Hope the information is enough and hope someone knows something.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
I need some help,
Have an Oculus Rift S but can't get the game to work so far. I start it but it remains black screen on desktop and my Oculus only says "Loading..." but no matter how long I wait nothing happens but it has not hung up. It should not lie in the hardware with a RTX 3090, an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x and 32 GB RAM and use Windows 10.
My antivirus has also not detected or blocked anything.

I also looked at all the developer stuff on this:
I have not saved the VAM in a protected folder.
I have overwritten the updater with the current updater from Patreon and then have over the launcher, the game update.
The updater is not blocked by Windows.
However, I recently tried to run the benchmarks, also the .bat files. But there happens exactly the same, only a black screen and is that normal? I'm beginning to wonder if there is just a strict order to be followed? Do I need to do the benchmarks before updating? or i forgot something? :unsure:
Hope the information is enough and hope someone knows something.
did you download any addons?
have you tried disabling your VR and using only Desktop mode with Admin?
Have you tried downloading from the First Post then updating using the launcher?
i could give you my VAM but it's 40GB on MEGA. it will take 10 days to download if you don't have Pro.

Last edited:

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
did you download any addons?
have you tried disabling your VR and using only Desktop mode with Admin?
Have you tried downloading from the First Post then updating using the launcher?
i could give you my VAM but it's 40GB on MEGA. it will take 10 days to download if you don't have Pro.
" did you download any addons? "
> no addons or mods, just the default game.

" have you tried disabling your VR and using only Desktop mode with Admin?
> When I try the desktop mode in admin, I get an error "VaM.exe not found..."

> I have the 4 parts just unzipt together and then updatet the launcher, the launcher also times overwritten with the current.

> Thanks for the offer but that would be a bit overkill for me. XD

By the way, I wonder why there are the 4 parts when the launcher also downloads everything?

spartami

Mar 6, 2021
Ok, so maybe one of you big-brains on here can help me. I'm a new user with no experience or knowledge in unity and only so little knowledge of VaM to get by.
I use VaM in desktop-mode and started in 1.19. On the Hub, there is a nice tool you can download, called VR180 Recorder Helper by a user named VamXFan. It's basically just a scene + some assetbundle that gets merge-loaded into the scene you want to record in OBS. You can process and output the video to your phone after recording which is nice, since I don't have a VR-Headset but instead use the phone-in-a-cardboard method for VR-content...

Now that VaM is on 1.20.x. all the great plugins you can get on the Hub and elsewhere often don't work in 1.19.x. The same is unfortunately true the other way around:
I can't get the Helper-scene to load in 1.20. My assumption is that it is because of the different way, the WindowCamera in 1.20 works... in 1.19 there was only the "control"-tab to choose for the WindowCamera. Now when you click on the WindowCamera atom you get to choose between control and display-control.

Problem is, VamXFan seems to be no longer active (last comment on the Hub is from December) so there is no way to contact him to ask/beg for an update. I tried looking into the .json file but to no avail. I also tried to get into unity to open the assetbundle and maybe see if there was something I can do, but unity is behind a license wall and since I have no idea what I'm doing, I fear it would'nt do good anyway. As a last measure, I tried manually rebuilding the Helper-scene in 1.20 but it fails everytime I try to parent the WindowCamera to the assetbundle-stuff to replicate the settings in the original scene (game freeze and manual exit).

Can someone please do either of the following things:
1. look into the VR180 Recorder Helper scene and see if they can update it to work in 1.20?
or
2. teach me a different way to export VR stereoscopic video from VaM?

Thank you
(to moderators: I'm not sure if I should post this here, or in the mod-sharing thread for the game. Thanks for your patience!)

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
" did you download any addons? "
> no addons or mods, just the default game.

" have you tried disabling your VR and using only Desktop mode with Admin?
> When I try the desktop mode in admin, I get an error "VaM.exe not found..."

> I have the 4 parts just unzipt together and then updatet the launcher, the launcher also times overwritten with the current.

> Thanks for the offer but that would be a bit overkill for me. XD

By the way, I wonder why there are the 4 parts when the launcher also downloads everything?
ok that's... weird. Maybe you have the wrong launcher?
There's 2 versions. One from 2019 and one from 2020.
Try this one. In the mean time im going to download VAM again and see if it works when i install it in a New Folder on Desktop.

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
ok that's... weird. Maybe you have the wrong launcher?
There's 2 versions. One from 2019 and one from 2020.
Try this one. In the mean time im going to download VAM again and see if it works when i install it in a New Folder on Desktop.
okay, I downloaded your launcher and did the update/install but it doesn't seem to behave any differently. is there anything specific I need to do before launching the game?

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
okay, I downloaded your launcher and did the update/install but it doesn't seem to behave any differently. is there anything specific I need to do before launching the game?
nope. Last i downloaded was 1.17
I just extracted all 4 zips
opened the launcher and clicked Update.
Then ran desktop.
if you've done that then idk why you're having issues.
You should also be able to run the game from VAM.exe without the launcher but it will ask for a code.
The only use for the launcher is it enables you to update.

i'll let you know how it goes when i finish downloading it again. Should be done today.

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
nope. Last i downloaded was 1.17
I just extracted all 4 zips
opened the launcher and clicked Update.
Then ran desktop.
if you've done that then idk why you're having issues.
You should also be able to run the game from VAM.exe without the launcher but it will ask for a code.
The only use for the launcher is it enables you to update.

i'll let you know how it goes when i finish downloading it again. Should be done today.
I would be glad to get to the code query.
The issue help on Trello says "VaM_Updater.exe must be marked safe by windows to run".
How do I do that?
Link >

Also, on Patreon it said " Then run VaM_Updater.exe to begin the install/update process. You will need to tell windows to make an exception the 1st time you run it (Click More Info link, then Run anyway)."
But no exception request came for me.
Link >

And do I necessarily need the 4 parts to get this running or should it also work via the pure launcher?

iAmErmac

Aug 20, 2018
Making sure you have Steam and SteamVR installed? :p This game is not made for Oculus native mode (OVR), it uses OpenVR which requires SteamVR to be installed

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
Making sure you have Steam and SteamVR installed? :p This game is not made for Oculus native mode (OVR), it uses OpenVR which requires SteamVR to be installed
Sure I have steam VR, but how do I start it from the Steam VR menu? :unsure: I added it to my library and started it, but then the Occulus VR overlay comes up and the game does not load through Steam VR. So the SteamVR room disappears and I'm in the white Occculus room where it says load.

iAmErmac

Aug 20, 2018
If the game doesn't load through SteamVR (it's supposed to load by default) then your system is fucked up by something else. Try uninstalling unnecessary garbage and reinstall Oculus home and SteamVR.

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
If the game doesn't load through SteamVR (it's supposed to load by default) then your system is fucked up by something else. Try uninstalling unnecessary garbage and reinstall Oculus home and SteamVR.
I have no garbage on my system, because I have a neat and tidy system.

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
Also, I don't think the desktop mode will be affected by this either btw.

iAmErmac

Aug 20, 2018
You probably have no idea what I am talking about. The game is made for OpenVR so it should load in SteamVR regardless of what headset you are using, that's clear and simple. If you don't see SteamVR environment when pressing the (≡) button then something is really wrong in your system. This happens when you for example use OpenComposite to override OpenVR output with OVR mode. If you really want help then you shouldn't take my comment as insult but rather take the insight, especially when it's given for free without even knowing full details of the spec of your rig and installed software. If you use a modern rig, chances are you having a rgb software like iCue or Auro Sync (which I called garbage), those are known to cause issues in VR. You could be missing Visual C++ binaries. Heck even your A/V or GPU driver can mess up with the rendering in VR sometimes. So many stuff can go wrong in a 'clean' system when in theory you computer get bloated by 'necessary' softwares or missing important ones.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes