4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
I would be glad to get to the code query.
The issue help on Trello says "VaM_Updater.exe must be marked safe by windows to run".
How do I do that?
Link >

Also, on Patreon it said " Then run VaM_Updater.exe to begin the install/update process. You will need to tell windows to make an exception the 1st time you run it (Click More Info link, then Run anyway)."
But no exception request came for me.
Link >

And do I necessarily need the 4 parts to get this running or should it also work via the pure launcher?
ok i downloaded it.
extracted.
added the launcher.
clicked run in desktop.
works fine.

Something's wrong on your PC.
disable any antivirus running.
enable admin mode on vam.exe
make sure you have all up to date software like VC++

make sure you have DirectX
make sure you have all NET Framework
etc.
you could download this

typically these are installed alongside any games. You can find them in any game files if you browse a folder called redist.
or via windows updates.

If none of that fixes the issue then i have literally no idea what the problem could be and you should maybe talk to the VAM developers on their discord. It doesn't matter if you pirated the game since without a code you can still download their Free game. Just don't mention the cracked launcher.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

Mr.T.

Oct 27, 2018
It doesn't work for me either, it tries to load but stays on the screen saying loading on the headset and a black screen on the pc.

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
You probably have no idea what I am talking about. The game is made for OpenVR so it should load in SteamVR regardless of what headset you are using, that's clear and simple. If you don't see SteamVR environment when pressing the (≡) button then something is really wrong in your system. This happens when you for example use OpenComposite to override OpenVR output with OVR mode. If you really want help then you shouldn't take my comment as insult but rather take the insight, especially when it's given for free without even knowing full details of the spec of your rig and installed software. If you use a modern rig, chances are you having a rgb software like iCue or Auro Sync (which I called garbage), those are known to cause issues in VR. You could be missing Visual C++ binaries. Heck even your A/V or GPU driver can mess up with the rendering in VR sometimes. So many stuff can go wrong in a 'clean' system when in theory you computer get bloated by 'necessary' softwares or missing important ones.
ok i downloaded it.
extracted.
added the launcher.
clicked run in desktop.
works fine.

Something's wrong on your PC.
disable any antivirus running.
enable admin mode on vam.exe
make sure you have all up to date software like VC++

make sure you have DirectX
make sure you have all NET Framework
etc.
you could download this

typically these are installed alongside any games. You can find them in any game files if you browse a folder called redist.
or via windows updates.

If none of that fixes the issue then i have literally no idea what the problem could be and you should maybe talk to the VAM developers on their discord. It doesn't matter if you pirated the game since without a code you can still download their Free game. Just don't mention the cracked launcher.
I got it to work and here's what I did. I have the VaM_Updater installed and updated directly on a folder on my hard drives and it works. I had previously installed it in a longer path, because of my order. idk why but it works.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
I got it to work and here's what I did. I have the VaM_Updater installed and updated directly on a folder on my hard drives and it works. I had previously installed it in a longer path, because of my order. idk why but it works.
don't know if that's the issue. I buried my VAM deep in my PC behind hidden folders. It has 6 folders in it's shortcut path.

Darkangelll

Jan 10, 2019
don't know if that's the issue. I buried my VAM deep in my PC behind hidden folders. It has 6 folders in it's shortcut path.
This could be a reason, what I also suspect is that it was previously stored in a folder with the name "#VR" and eventeull the symbol "#" for the game could be misleading. :unsure:

Reactions: Laikhent
D

Deleted member 1250241

Hey I just downloaded 1.19 and tried to install it. When I try to run the updater as instructed though I get a fatal error crash as shown below:

Does anyone know why it occurs and how I can fix it? It's my first time installing VAM. I'm on Windows 10 Home edition btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrCream

Nov 9, 2019
Hello friends. After trying many VR wankfests I've finally decided to take the dive into this 'game'. I've got the latest version, the gigantic 363gb plunder pack, a huge pile of tissues and some top notch lube. But I appear to be a noob! I have no idea where to put the resources from the plunder pack, let alone how to get far enough to make my pee pee hard! Can anyone point me in the direction of a good guide, video or text is fine, just as long as it starts at the begining and deals with folders and file management. Then hopefully I can get a sesh in...when my mum goes out!

currycrabblckman

Dec 10, 2020
So i'm sorta new to vam. I followed all the instructions to install the updater but I get this message when installing the latest version, can anyone assist? Thanks.

moedor

Aug 17, 2018
So i'm sorta new to vam. I followed all the instructions to install the updater but I get this message when installing the latest version, can anyone assist? Thanks.
Did you download easy mate or something? Version 1.19 is outdated.

For a clean install I recommend downloading the updater zip from the official patreon page. Then just drop and run it on an empty folder.

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
Laptop:
Acer Nitro 5
Intel Core i5 10300H
Nvidia GTX 1650ti 4GB
8GB memory

Desktop:
AMD FX6100 Black Edition
AMD Radeon RX580 8GB Black Edition
Corsair Vengence Extreme 16GB

I built the desktop in 2012, upgraded the memory and upgraded the GPU from an Nvidia GT 630 4GB to the RX 580. It's old, but still works fine with whatever I throw at it. Mainly GTA V +Mods, 3DS Max, DAZ, Blender, Gimp, PS. I am building a new rig in June. Still deciding if I should go AMD or Intel CPU. What I DO know is there is an RTX 3090 calling my name.

niallmulla18

Jul 15, 2019
dumb question do i download all the parts and put them into the same folder after extracting them or do i just need one?

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
Haven't played this game in a long while. Updated from my old Rift to an Index last year. Does this work with the Index controllers now? I remember reading up on it last year and the general consensus was no.

isskini

Mar 8, 2021
Are there any third party tools for managing var file dependencies? I'm looking for something that will show me files that I can safely remove without breaking a dependency somewhere else. Package Manager shows you what files a var depends on but you can't seem to see if any other vars depend on the file you have selected.

Reactions: Krosos
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes