4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Fortunefavors

Aug 9, 2019
I think the in-game downloader only displays hub-hosted VARs. Both of those are hosted on other sites, so you have to download them in Windows and put them in the AddOnPackages folder (which should be in the folder with your VAM.exe) yourself.

Reactions: IXL

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
I think the in-game downloader only displays hub-hosted VARs. Both of those are hosted on other sites, so you have to download them in Windows and put them in the AddOnPackages folder (which should be in the folder with your VAM.exe) yourself.
Yeah, thats what I have been doing. I didnt realise that some where not hosted on the VAM which is a bit odd tbh.

Anyone making their own clothing sets? If so, what are you using to do this?

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Guys! Have anybody paid looks or scenes you can share with community?
I did that, but its quite overwhelming and its not clear whats free content or paid for, also some in the torrent are duplicated rar's with extracted folders of the same thing (at least thats what I have found anyway).

That said, any content is appreciated. ;)

I think basically thats what is being asked, a clear line of what is free and the non free content.

HRallone

Feb 25, 2018
Hello guys, can someone explain me how to play it on Quest 2 ? As far as i reached, i only can watch in in Virtual Desktop but ut's just a flat screen in front of me.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Hello guys, can someone explain me how to play it on Quest 2 ? As far as i reached, i only can watch in in Virtual Desktop but ut's just a flat screen in front of me.
Would love to help, but I have a Rift S and it runs fine on that via the standard VaM.exe.

There is desktop mode as you say, but there should be couple of .bat files, have you tried the one called "VaM. (OpenVR).bat" ? (Im using a release that was available form this thread from somewhere, so not sure if its the same as yours, and I updated it to 1.20 with the key).

I must confess some of the content posts here are a bit confusing and overwhelming to understand what is the standard items needed by default and what bundles do what exactly....

I seem to have mine running ok though.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Can anyone help confirm what clothing (top) this is and how I can modify it...

I think its a default top from Meshed VR, but trying to find anything properly is pretty much a nightmare. lol

kronmar

Sep 30, 2018
Have you added it to your Oculus desktop library? One you have added and attached a link cable it should run, at least it runs for me and I have q2. Another thing is I don't seem to see any content in this game, there are few girls, but they are just standing there, I can push them around, but that is it.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Have you added it to your Oculus desktop library? One you have added and attached a link cable it should run, at least it runs for me and I have q2. Another thing is I don't seem to see any content in this game, there are few girls, but they are just standing there, I can push them around, but that is it.
Its not a game.

Its a virtual editor / scene player as such with the ability to create your own content.

So you add the key (in the thread for 1.20) and that should unlock the ability to download scenes and other content from the hub or create your own. Some scenes need to be paid for, but some are available from downloads supplied within this forum.

Hope this helps.

kronmar

Sep 30, 2018
Its not a game.

Its a virtual editor / scene player as such with the ability to create your own content.

So you add the key (in the thread for 1.20) and that should unlock the ability to download scenes and other content from the hub or create your own. Some scenes need to be paid for, but some are available from downloads supplied within this forum.

Hope this helps.
Ok, I added few scenes, how do I load them after I moved them to Addons folder?

Fortunefavors

Aug 9, 2019
General menu (the 3 bars on the main UI), open scene. Or the green open scene icon on the main UI.

Just a heads up - the program is super dense, documentation is poor to non-existent, and the UI is bad (at best). Don't be afraid to just start clicking things to find what you want. If you do have questions, be as specific as possible, because there are differences that aren't necessarily apparent that change responses. Like, the AddOn system that's in VAM means that (among other things) hair, looks, and scenes are all placed into the program in exactly the same way, but will be loaded in from inside the program differently. And looks are sometimes placed in scenes for no good reason!

kronmar

Sep 30, 2018
General menu (the 3 bars on the main UI), open scene. Or the green open scene icon on the main UI.

Just a heads up - the program is super dense, documentation is poor to non-existent, and the UI is bad (at best). Don't be afraid to just start clicking things to find what you want. If you do have questions, be as specific as possible, because there are differences that aren't necessarily apparent that change responses. Like, the AddOn system that's in VAM means that (among other things) hair, looks, and scenes are all placed into the program in exactly the same way, but will be loaded in from inside the program differently. And looks are sometimes placed in scenes for no good reason!
Cheers, I opened some scenes and they have start, reset and stop buttons, which does not work when I click on them, am I missing some addons for that ?

kevlar187

Jul 21, 2018
So you have 2 choices.
1. Virtual desktop is the wireless option. You need to go on your computer and add the exe to your steam library, then choose the option "make available in VR library". Then in virtual desktop, choose steam VR and you should see an option to display your whole library (try the oculus button on your left controller).

2. You can connect to your PC with a wire, then you have to choose the "enable oculus link" option in the oculus menu. From here, you can just launch the game on your pc and it will display on the quest 2.

Both options require that you have SteamVR installed.

Reactions: caracute524

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
I have the worst possible issue which is that it is a pain navigating in VR. It keeps bouincing backwards as i was hitting a wall, until eventually it turns 180 degrees and sends me to some random place.
Gotta say that maybe its a PSVR thing, using gamepad to emulate controllers.

So, if anyone has PSVR and doesnt suffer from that, please tell me. If someone is thinking about buying it, be warned about the issue.

Fortunefavors

Aug 9, 2019
Cheers, I opened some scenes and they have start, reset and stop buttons, which does not work when I click on them, am I missing some addons for that ?
Be specific. What scene? Are you sure you're getting all the dependencies off the hub as well? The most common one I can think of that might cause this problem is Timeline. Also, the VAM version of "is it plugged in" - is the freeze animation/sound button on the main UI unchecked?

I have the worst possible issue which is that it is a pain navigating in VR. It keeps bouincing backwards as i was hitting a wall, until eventually it turns 180 degrees and sends me to some random place.
Gotta say that maybe its a PSVR thing, using gamepad to emulate controllers.

So, if anyone has PSVR and doesnt suffer from that, please tell me. If someone is thinking about buying it, be warned about the issue.
For what its worth, this does sound like a PSVR specific issue; I've never experienced it with my Rift CV1, and I don't think I've heard of it before.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Be specific. What scene? Are you sure you're getting all the dependencies off the hub as well? The most common one I can think of that might cause this problem is Timeline. Also, the VAM version of "is it plugged in" - is the freeze animation/sound button on the main UI unchecked?

For what its worth, this does sound like a PSVR specific issue; I've never experienced it with my Rift CV1, and I don't think I've heard of it before.
I just played another "indie" VR game and the walk function behaves in this same way, but it has a run button, and if i run instead of walk, it goes perfectly smooth. No problems in Skyrim or No mans sky, so who knows?

_pollux_

Jul 16, 2019
VaM_Anaglyph.jpg
Now, you can use anaglyph glasses In Virt-A-Mate! :) For result like this you need to install and configure "reshade" (post-processing injector), you can download it from here:
As you can see, I activated the "super depth3D" shader, where I selected the stereoscopic options: "anaglyph 3d red/cyan"
Approximate configuration guide:
(For a successful installation in the Virt-A-Mate, you need to select the "Directx10 /11", and also put "check all")

Below is a list of 4 shaders that I used (you can customize it to your taste). With the "ColorMatrix.fx" shader you can adjust the ideal color for any of the possible filter variations of your anaglyph glasses
VaM_Anaglyph_2.jpg

Last edited:

_pollux_

Jul 16, 2019
How many games are there that use VAM screenshots for CG?
I have no idea, but I fully agree that such precedents are possible, given how many scenes and resources are available for a Virt-A-Mate. Perhaps you should arrange a similar survey in another topic for learning the opinion of the games authors . :)

But, as far as I know, in all sorts of "quests with pictures" the creators mainly use blender + some sort of rendering engines. Although it is quite interesting that in a Virt-A-Mate display quality in real time in some cases much better than static images obtained with specialized rendering (which is used by the creators of quests).

For example, I took this screenshot 30 seconds ago from an animated scene of Virt-A-Mate (with the reshade plugin) , now, it can be easily placed in some kind of "text quests". :)

VaM_Anaglyph_3.jpg

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes