4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Derwhatoh

Mar 19, 2020
guys, I'm having a problem, my game always not responding when I open it, I always have to open and close the game multiple times until the game is playable. This wasn't happened before until I decided to add a lot of mods. Anyone know how to fix ? thanks
Have you tried running VamUpdater (Options... Sync/Repair Core or Repair All)?

ThaHellHound

May 6, 2020
guys, I'm having a problem, my game always not responding when I open it, I always have to open and close the game multiple times until the game is playable. This wasn't happened before until I decided to add a lot of mods. Anyone know how to fix ? thanks
You provided the reason why your game is not working well you have a lot of mods that is the problem the solution is to have less mods. You can use var managers/organizers for that in which you only add the content you are going to need for your session.

https://f95zone.to/threads/var-organizer-v0-6-0-gui.93035/

Reactions: hieucamdau

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
Just popping in to say I'm caught up. I dipped out at the close of the Mod thread with the occasional check-in peek on the asset release spot (And yes, remember to like anything you download). Was working on my own personal creations for a bit. I even discovered I can log into the hub once again (imagine that?) So I'm caught up and a bit sad.

Glad to see Krosos, Pesadilla, Bob_Oblong, Hellhound sometimes popping in.

Wish Anonymous chunk was still around; they were putting out some quality stuff to the Mod thread at the end.

Hope old-man Dave is doing well (I forget what he changed his name to near the end); they were quite the contributor covering the random and old item requests and seemed to get a kick out of the old thread.

Glad to see some people are still around patiently helping those who recently stumbled into VAM figure out what goes where and why nothing's happening.

I'll keep lurking as I do. Throw my two cents in when it's worth it. Not sure what the rest of the community will do if/when Kemono goes down, though. Sad the discord and beyondchat didn't/aren't working out.
Here's some pics of what my time in VAM and everyone's help has led to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Haven420

Mar 13, 2021
I finished getting my Morphs directory all cleaned up. No more duplicates. All unique Morphs. Totals 6.2 GB of just Morph files lol Making huge progress towards a perfect VaM install. Unfortunately, posts like the one below are acceptable, and me posting something like a torrent link is considered trolling, so I will be unable to share

I already have, but it's still not fixed. Man this is annoying, everything I want to jerk off, I have to turn on and off multiples times

• Thinking Face
Reactions: smittypunk

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Just popping in to say I'm caught up. I dipped out at the close of the Mod thread with the occasional check-in peek on the asset release spot (And yes, remember to like anything you download). Was working on my own personal creations for a bit. I even discovered I can log into the hub once again (imagine that?) So I'm caught up and a bit sad.

Glad to see Krosos, Pesadilla, Bob_Oblong, Hellhound sometimes popping in.

Wish Anonymous chunk was still around; they were putting out some quality stuff to the Mod thread at the end.

Hope old-man Dave is doing well (I forget what he changed his name to near the end); they were quite the contributor covering the random and old item requests and seemed to get a kick out of the old thread.

Glad to see some people are still around patiently helping those who recently stumbled into VAM figure out what goes where and why nothing's happening.

I'll keep lurking as I do. Throw my two cents in when it's worth it. Not sure what the rest of the community will do if/when Kemono goes down, though. Sad the discord and beyondchat didn't/aren't working out.
Here's some pics of what my time in VAM and everyone's help has led to:
Yep it's unfortunate that his results got mostly lost because of the bad hosting solution he decided for.

Btw if you keep the error rate of the parser low i don't find the overall performance with the amounts of data we chunking through here so bad at all yes Unziping .VAR is dumb and it should be a faster to progress algorithm instead but overall it's not that bad if you use only the cache on SSD (but yeah now you facing even more waste of space) and i do all my hardcore tests even more restricted over external USB3 Mechanical Drive as main VAM location ;)

But of course all those dupes are dumb and shouldn't be.

Also the amount of Morphs that do similiar things is overall inefficient and at some point useless in a efficiency sense for the System itself and they can create more fine detailed problems as well within the complex restriction space we are facing that is even more complex than what we face in Daz Studio.

Trillion morphs that create more fine detailed problems in their combination are just inefficient, then a really well done tuned combination.
But everyone has to find his own balance here and make his own decisions, especially when some Artist work with different Smooth Pass results in mind.
Though for sure we will stabilize this further out with 2.0 and the higher overall Morph Resolution.

PS: For everyone don't think your VAM crashed if Windows is telling you it's not responding .NET just tries todo something it was never meant todo overly efficient ;)
You hardly ever will see .NET getting fucked so hard as in VAM ;)
Except maybe Sua is fucking it as heavy currently as well ;)

Still a super nice bench with everything turned on, and everything explosion crash stable now with all physics on the crane "set her gently onto the ground in the hidden blackout time to avoid VAM crashing" workaround not needed anymore :)

The recent Giants run is disgusting those fucking hidden pedos, they always try to get into the official chain.
VAM 2.0 will make this look even more awkward and hopefully they finally will be killed once and for all, also we get more and more pedo commissioners not a good development, they prepare their next hijack attack.

Way more Dangerous for VAM than those Pesky Scam Creators (Job seeker on the legal side of things)

Vam 2.0 will make it much easier to differentiate babyfaces and extreme doll babies will be even much easier spoted out :)

Tough the Hub will be their downfall being trackable in each of their Actions and Connections to others and improving analytical possibilities.

I started my first Data Analysis tracking who used some strange Morphs which destination are yet uknown and where also distributed here.

smittypunk
Chunk his Facegen Clone Results can be found on the HUb now ;)

Last edited:

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
[USER=2538021 said:
smittypunk[/USER]
Chunk his Facegen Clone Results can be found on the HUb now ;)
Yea, I was not unaware how they were coming about, but they were doing ones no one had bother to take and complete from those fg face models. And my attempts certainly didn't always translate to what I expected when my exported morph was placed on the default VAM model. Thanks for the hub note, though!

malageth

Apr 28, 2021
gotta love how this keeps coming up now and again
even assuming all subs are max tier , and its not, its still not as much as you would think
you have:
- patreon fees not sure which plan he is on but thats 8-12% total patreon donations
- transaction and international currency conversion fees
- software and licensing fees
- server hosting fees for VaMhub and the update server
- wages for the staff he employs, iirc there are a few now full time
- prob other stuff i missed i dunno
....... all of a sudden it doesnt seem that much when you compare to other patreon accounts
people complain about how long it takes meshed to develop the software but not the cheap and nasty content some VaM patreon creators put out
alot of the stuff hes doing now does take time get it all set up so the current feature set comes together neatly code wise in 2.0 unlike how 1.x just had features added on and on until it worked against itself

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
gotta love how this keeps coming up now and again
even assuming all subs are max tier , and its not, its still not as much as you would think
you have:
- patreon fees not sure which plan he is on but thats 8-12% total patreon donations
- transaction and international currency conversion fees
- software and licensing fees
- server hosting fees for VaMhub and the update server
- wages for the staff he employs, iirc there are a few now full time
- prob other stuff i missed i dunno
....... all of a sudden it doesnt seem that much when you compare to other patreon accounts
people complain about how long it takes meshed to develop the software but not the cheap and nasty content some VaM patreon creators put out
alot of the stuff hes doing now does take time get it all set up so the current feature set comes together neatly code wise in 2.0 unlike how 1.x just had features added on and on until it worked against itself
I don't think anyone will surprise us here for a very long time 2.0 will be pretty advanced and it still looks like no one is gonna reach it once it has the complete featureset and code merge/port of 1.20 finalized it will be Spacetime unreachable for anyone unless he/she is mega smart and dedicated or even a magician unless that you need a pretty big Pro Crew so far (Chinese though are trying it) also only Holodexxx is real competition that could become a heavy contender in the Future on Unreal but they have other plans it seems for now that wouldn't really cross roads with VAM so rather from it's business target no contender at all in sight for a long time.
Each day passing by any possible contender looses more and more ground against the continuous project growth.

Though being so heavy dependent on Unity is also for VAM Semi Optimal.

Only some long time Hidden Project could surprise us now, that would have had to started already in the Debug Timeframe of VAM itself.
Only projects that could fulfill this would be MorganaVRs Mirage or Naughty Sandbox but their progress is rather slow and the overall featureset far away from VAM even in the slightest so no real chance even if i think Morgana does good overall work and showcases some knowledge that's highly needed to succeed especially under Unity.

You need to be 10x better under Unity than any "AVG" Unreal Dev or rather people that today call themselves DEVS.

And in that regards Unreal projects have a bigger chance of becoming very efficient though very unlikely in a commercial legal space under Epics License Restrictions.
Too Advanced buildup on their Base in Public and they would sue it down immediately, especially when it would start to get in the way of MetaHuman and their building up cloud business with it.

Ahh and lets of course not forget our Korean/Chinese DRM Wonderboy/Girl/X and successful Business expert ZHFX maybe he/she/x gonna surprise us with yet another Bulletproof DRM scheme out of his/her/x magic algorithm and coding skillbox once again ;-) *rofl*
Though before that really happens rather some Russian Team gonna surprise us ;)

PS: VAM Can still work relative fine chunking through over 200 GB of Addonpackages over USB3 latency, even in this Semi Optimal state it's acceptable.

Not so nice is that 0 bytes data can be shown in the VAM HUB as IN Library completed and there is no way of in GUI correcting these HUB false downloads and no real integrity check in the Client Browser to avoid it this a major security flaw on the backend and frontend.

Also that the Open Queued Resources shows you a entire history of finished packages instead jumping right to the current download in progress is rather strange and overall not a convenient history for that "Show Download History" would have made more sense and here it should check at least the basic integrity once again as well.

Such basic integrity like this could be easily checked in realtime over the MFT with almost 0 additional overhead.

Sooner or later we will see the real bad boys that decided for the other side gonna abusing the HUB to spread their shit and that will become way bloodier for everyone than some desperate caught by his own greed creator trying to get some idiotic pirate revenge.

Pegasus should have shown how important parser hardening and security is.

Last edited:

Galin

May 5, 2017
Anyone got to work properly?
Anytime I activated it the hole AddonPackages Folder disappears from VaM, the directory itself seem to be ok...

JackyW

Sep 29, 2018
Would someone be so kind as to send me Doofenschmalphys PoseHomogenizer, it's in the huge paywall pack, I don't want to download the whole thing just for one small file.

Thanks.

poiuzxcklj

Mar 31, 2020
Would someone be so kind as to send me Doofenschmalphys PoseHomogenizer, it's in the huge paywall pack, I don't want to download the whole thing just for one small file.

Thanks.
can you tell me what the posehomogenizer does? Also, can you link to the pack? I can't find a link to it.

maxdannis

Dec 20, 2020
Is there no way to search stuff in assets release? If mod closed main vam thread then atleast they have to provide better search system for it ffs.
Did you even try clicking advanced search?

https://f95zone.to/search/?type=post

"search in forums" and select Asset Releases

I typed in "twerking" to test and the Kai's twerking asset post came up just fine. It even came back with a partial match for "Twerk for Genesis 8 Figures".

Maybe try before you just complain ffs smh.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Downloaded the VAM updater zip file, copy pasted it into main folder but running it I get an error and the game remains at version 1.19, how to update it to 1.20? I tired the one 1.19 comes with and that one works, not sure if it won't break something and make it uncracked or something but it's updating to 1.20 now.

How safe is that patreon torrent pack? I've heard that one user messed with some scripts, I excluded his work from being downloaded but is there some black list of creators that compromised the free uploads to mess with people that download those leaked versions? Are his original models if I pay for them good and safe to use? I saw some other file being shown to be excluded in some tool one user was testing but I'm not sure which creator made it and there are many folders in that pack.

Also what are some of the most recommended mods to download, I could just download all I can find but I'm worried about compatibiity and don't need all, mostly want various bulge morphs, animations, some characters to make my own scenes. Is there some guide on installing mods, plugins, using external tool that are hosted on github, which folders to place them into, some mod managers that deal with duplicates and incompatible mods?

Last edited:

Galin

May 5, 2017
“Nothing in the world is so fairly distributed as the mind. Because everyone is convinced that he had enough of it. "

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Monotoli
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes