4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
There are 2 viruses in the second patreon pack. One allows someone to access your computer remotely, the other allows them to execute .dll files from within VaM. You have to extract every single .VAR file for your antivirus to find them. Enjoy! Next pack will be better ;)
I figured out the issue with update I mentioned in previous post, turns out the included updated worked fine and I now have the game running as 1.20, also figured out the other thing which was the mod manager and download locations, turns out google always has the answers, just weird that no instructions or guides are mentioned anywhere in this forum.

Is there a blacklist of scenes, scripts and plugins that are not safe to use? So far I did not unpack any with the built in manager and only added some free mods from official VAM website.

I'm downloading this one: https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-m...-environments-objects-scenes-looks-ect.34878/ I see only one pack here and 12-2020 & Earlier and that's the only one I've downloaded, which 2nd pack are you refferring to? Is the 12-2020 and earlier safe? If not is it enough that I unpack what I want and then scan the unpacked folders?

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
Regarding torrent packs, for ala carte purposes, the one they released last summer I see they never got around to updating page 1 on the megathread for it after it was removed had a scene with baby in it or something. This is the torrent they released after removing that scene. They included a thumbnail directory covering most of the material you might peek at before hand.

I didn't get either dec or this one, but browsing through the content it's a pretty valuable source including many clothing assets. Clothing does not use plugins, .cs files, or .dll.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Regarding torrent packs, for ala carte purposes, the one they released last summer I see they never got around to updating page 1 on the megathread for it after it was removed had a scene with baby in it or something. This is the torrent they released after removing that scene. They included a thumbnail directory covering most of the material you might peek at before hand.

I didn't get either dec or this one, but browsing through the content it's a pretty valuable source including many clothing assets. Clothing does not use plugins, .cs files, or .dll.

F95_VAM_Pack_2_ReRelease.torrent
So which pack has those bad plugins and scripts? And is this 2nd pack free of that bad stuff too? Which specific ones are bad? I saw mention of some script with Gaze in the name, one file was named tifa and one larger collection from one of the creators, anything else I should know about?

Galin

May 5, 2017
So which pack has those bad plugins and scripts? And is this 2nd pack free of that bad stuff too? Which specific ones are bad? I saw mention of some script with Gaze in the name, one file was named tifa and one larger collection from one of the creators, anything else I should know about?
It's a Hoaks, Fake News, He's lying...

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
Paywall Pack 2021 was released June 26 according to page 1 on megathread that was the one with links crossed out. The repack they released somewhere middle of July thats the .torrent file above. Scripts wasn't an issue with it that would have been about April or May when MeshedVR did that emergency update. From the time the repack released to closure of megathread there was no mention of other problematic scenes other than the removed one, or mention of scripts.

Discussion on the topic begins on this post by CustomPaywall who was leading the project. From what I read it wasn't a loli scene someone mentioned it was a child aged single digits. From memory I know when he reposted repack he later deleted the post and activity vanished. I'd imagine the amount of files to go through were just overwhelming and wasn't worth the time. The file I linked above was one someone reposted later down the line. Case of it is what it is. That's repack 2021 and probably won't get end of the year pack like last year with f95 dead.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
There are 2 viruses in the second patreon pack. One allows someone to access your computer remotely, the other allows them to execute .dll files from within VaM. You have to extract every single .VAR file for your antivirus to find them. Enjoy! Next pack will be better ;)
Interesting as well now could you please tell us in which parts you suspect this in the pack and based on which RE evidence ?
Some coders would use these circumvents indeed early on though just being able to execute a external library around the sandbox doesn't make it already a clear identified malicious attack.

First thing you should look into was that code already there or was it added only inside this pack to be specifically distributed hidden with it, this would give some more interesting start.

Now if you can proof this immediately there would be certainly zero doubts about your accusations direction you want to go in the other case we need further investigation specificaly on this one part and it's entire history.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yep he brags about it but doesn't try to proof it and he hates Asians who he as well seems to suspect to have done it but he lets everyone of his fellows run into it and doesn't try to protect them by telling them where exactly it is ?, that doesn't make much logical sense at all ;)
And you could suspect from this he might be on a Internal Political Revenge Trip, or just some Kid who likes to shock others around ;)

They're dumb rice fed gooks. Rice ni66ers don't think anything through. Their brains are like single threaded processors. I guess it's not their fault the whole continent of Asia was hooked on opium for about 500 years which amounted to 100 consecutive generations of inbreeding.
Especially when you read something like this it's not really helping his believe ability at all, so much Internal hate inside of him almost desperate.

Comparing him with ZHFX i would have more respect for him even, who has still some human inside of him also when he seems to be deeply buried somewhere heck even Reign or Kitty or even being in a Room with all 3 of them sounds more interesting than with him (in every way) ;)

So mister Asian Exterminator it's your turn.
I guess by now many have reported you so your time is running out.

Btw this could be also a tactic by one very aggressive and on top of that very dumb Creator ;)

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The Cadillac + Vecterror Cooperation is interesting :)

Last edited:

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Seems like no one know what is actually safe to download and what not, nevermind.

Is there some way to unpack all the vars in one go? It's very time consuming doing it one by one and they don't work until I unpack don't they? Becuase I saw mention to just place the vars in the addons folder but then I couldn't see any scenes until I did so.

Also why is it that when I save a look or preset of some character from a scene it places it in the save folder, and some stuff is in the custom and rest is still in the addon packages, can't everything, be it mods from vars, manually unpacked or save content be in the same root folder like addon packages?

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
@EmIarMitee
It was a Design decision in the middle of Debug and Production testing Phase (and the creation of the Store Distribution System) nothing was really freezed state you can't do this so easily when you have already so many scenes that could brake the easiest way is to put it on top and keep the interop.

.VAR is mostly for average user and convenience of distribution (it is still to complex for many) it was a rather very fast panic development thing mostly as well and pushed through very fast with only very few testing though it's not easy to get such complex things working without big field tests and learn from mistakes especially when so many demand something and pressure for it ;)

You don't develop something like this that way normally this takes a bit more time and a bit more people and you write a lot of specs and do a lot of testing, though it kind of works when there aren't so many mistakes happening on the user side ;)

It's like Speedrunning except things to be unstable ;)

for a geek .var is pretty useless

Last edited:

Obitron

Oct 14, 2020
Vars work fine, problem is too many stupid people who can’t use them correctly with many paid creators being prime offenders in this regard. When you combine this into huge torrent packs of poorly packaged stuff well, results are obvious. :rolleyes:

This issue then compounds itself when noob clueless pirates who downloaded all that bloat then decide they have the skills to start their own patreon or just want to share in general while having no clue how vars work or how to weed out stuff that shouldn’t be included and start pumping out vars with 100s of dependencies that then trigger their own cascade of non hub hosted paid dependencies making a mess that much worse.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yeah at least some creators slowly can handle it and they continue to fix their mistakes at least on the Hub you can see it.
But you still stumble about annoying things like people packaging .var as RAR or 7Z :D
Most probably their believe it's more efficient to change it from ZIP not understanding that VAM has no support for it.
The problem here is rather with the HUB allowing it at all instead of checking and denying this from the server upload side.
or some still uploading .zip directly instead of .var

or using . in their creator name upload violating the naming convention

Capt. Harlock.Ms_Oiler.1.var

which should be

Capt_Harlock.Ms_Oiler.1.var

very clever as well clever for VAM and the HUB to even allow this user file distribution name knowing that the parser will create a error message because of it's own convention violation.

which is very clear defined

<creator>.<name>.<version>

Last edited:

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
Seems like no one know what is actually safe to download and what not, nevermind.
Thus is the nature of pirating stuff on the internet, only way to be 100% sure is scanning the files yourself but like you said it would be too time consuming to unpack them or make the assets yourself with Unity and Blender, which is even more time consuming.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Here is where iam now testing the chaos stable from USB3 with SSD Cache :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's crazy that you still cant sort by creator sometimes you want this and see only a specific creators work it works only semi efficient over the search function and the creator name and can miss hits.

Example missing

WVRX.First_Class_Dreaming.1.var

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrZack

JackyW

Sep 29, 2018
Does anyone know if the built-in person animations ever been ported out to say timeline or a package of animation sequences?

jerticignu

Apr 17, 2019
Does anyone know if the built-in person animations ever been ported out to say timeline or a package of animation sequences?
You can transfer it to timeline using recording feature of timeline. (And you can record it using scene animation as well)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The belly dance is for example a very known Sample from the CMU Mocap Dataset the others most probably also very generic BHV results.
You can find millions of those around the Net, though not everything will be interoperable and you would need to retarget those.
Then as said you transfer them to Timeline or into native .json animations though timeline should be preferred as you can save quiet some Space depending on the complexity of the mocap data and you have much better interaction possibilities you can change the animation data on the fly in every way you want once they are timeline keyframed and if you combine this then with non linear animations it becomes crazy suddenly you can mix both whenever you want creating millions of different outcomes ;).

Also those Mocaper fights gonna end soon at least you gonna see them a bit more pressured ;)

Last edited:

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Where do I find (if I can find them) some WeebU scenes? I can't seem to find them by name.

Mainly this one:
and this one:

There is one called "girlfriends 2" on the hub but it's not the same one.

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
It's crazy that you still cant sort by creator sometimes you want this and see only a specific creators work it works only semi efficient over the search function and the creator name and can miss hits.
So, I know you're way more knowledgeable than I about how VAM works, and your complaint certainly isn't lost on me; it's really difficult to find scene starts simply sorting through a massive var collection. However truthfully, that image alone doesn't demonstrate for any of us that that var isn't represented there since the scene titles that show up for search results are not mirrored titles of the var they're extracted from. That's why so many scene starts have atrocious generic identifiers like "start" or "1.1" or "intro." Also, we also know that some things only show up under "new old packages" sorting and not simply "new/old.;" You probably actually know what that means and why that is; I admittedly don't. Hell, the only WadeVRX stuff I could find on my system despite recognizing the creator name were in my scene directory, implying VACs. The images do demonstrate what a mess it is locating scenes from a VAR even when you know the VAR name. I recently went on a scene hunt in my collection and had to do it by expected scene name and then parse out what was the actual scene start json.

Where do I find (if I can find them) some WeebU scenes?
Did you check/search the archived Mod thread? I got some 20 hits from a thread search. I don't think any have been added to asset releases, and I haven't kept up with asset requests which are sometimes only fulfilled in replies, but a search of threads with prefix VAM selected didn't turn up anything.

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
The whole select scene screen is pretty raw, it's missing a way of sorting out folders (like every other file search window) and filtering by tags or like you said, creators.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes