4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Might do it
That plugin sadly doesn't work for me, I'm not even sure what it does, it processed a bunch of stuff, got all scenes and authors processed, have all the folders and inside of them are photos for appearance and .vap files but no looks, no matter where I place it, saves, custom, can't seem to load looks, only can access like few of them, I don't think it just does what it advertises it does, the process looks WIP button doesn't work, or maybe it does but it works in reverse where it makes some kind of preset from existing looks, no idea.

Any other ideas how to create looks from scenes without having to open each scene manually and save it?

maxdannis

Dec 20, 2020
Does extracting and unpacking .var files really make the game load faster? I'm tired of the long loading times.
VAM is very poorly optimized, I think we're stuck hoping VAM 2.0 fixes the load time issues (and performance for that matter). I think most tweaks are minor. Some repack VARS into larger VARs, but I'm not sure how much it really helps. A good idea might be starting with a fresh install directory and moving a few VARs you want over at a time. You may have a lot of VARs you never use anymore.

Reactions: txtBild and Krosos

requiemss

Nov 15, 2017
I don't know if this is the proper place to ask, but has anyone made a Kendra Lust lookalike? (perhaps under patreon paywalls)?
It's hard to find any lookalike since they have to change the names

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
That plugin sadly doesn't work for me, I'm not even sure what it does, it processed a bunch of stuff, got all scenes and authors processed, have all the folders and inside of them are photos for appearance and .vap files but no looks, no matter where I place it, saves, custom, can't seem to load looks, only can access like few of them, I don't think it just does what it advertises it does, the process looks WIP button doesn't work, or maybe it does but it works in reverse where it makes some kind of preset from existing looks, no idea.

Any other ideas how to create looks from scenes without having to open each scene manually and save it?
It does work, and .vap files are the new format for looks. Do this: switch to edit mode (press "E") > select an actor (press "N") > go to the "Appearance" tab > "select existing" > select a .vap file.

Last edited:

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Is there a way to automatically accept all plugins in a scene? I understand it's a safety measure and I remember the whole directory deleting mess that happened that time, but let's be serious, who checks?

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
VAM is very poorly optimized, I think we're stuck hoping VAM 2.0 fixes the load time issues (and performance for that matter). I think most tweaks are minor. Some repack VARS into larger VARs, but I'm not sure how much it really helps. A good idea might be starting with a fresh install directory and moving a few VARs you want over at a time. You may have a lot of VARs you never use anymore.
So many things get useless replicated by many Creators and over times you will see many looks become very similiar, you gonna see many 16 year olds ranges that could be twins and their Authors will call this advanced ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VAM 2.0 will bring this to a new Level

Last edited:

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
It does work, and .vap files are the new format for looks. Do this: switch to edit mode (press "E") > select an actor (press "N") > go to the "Appearance" tab > "select existing" > select a .vap file.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Works great, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: user330033

craftyg

Feb 25, 2018
Is there a plugin that makes download missing items easier. i had to copy and paste text and look all over to the missing items page.

DenbaJba

Dec 3, 2018
Sup guys!

So I've decided to give Virt-A-Mate a chance and I am searching for a good (scenes/assets/looks) pack to download.
Any tips for v1.20.77?

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
How exactly does Possession work? I'm trying to play through a scene (The Thieving Maid by Slam T), and the instructions say to possess the dude and use his hands to do the actions, but possessing the guy puts the camera in his head, but then my hands don't seem to correspond to his hands. He still has his hands at his side, and my floating VR hands are in front of me, but there's no reaction from the girl when I touch her. I tried possessing his hands to control them, but then that puts the camera inside his hand, which is really disorienting.

I assume I'm doing something wrong, but what am I doing wrong? Is there a different way to possess an actor besides the "Possess and Head Align" button on the main UI? Is there a way to possess the guy completely, as in, moving the analog sticks makes him walk, moving my hands makes his hands move, etc?

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
How exactly does Possession work?
When you possess the head you will notice their hands/wrists should have green circles around them. Line up your hands with the possessed's hands and and you will take control of those hands (may take a little wiggling); there is even controller feedback when it happens, I believe. If you accidentally come in contact with another joint of theirs, you will then possess that instead, so be careful. If you click grab on either controller before possessing a joint, you will close off the possessable joint option, and you will have to dispossess head and repossess head to try again. In situations where you only want to possess the head, simply make sure your hands aren't touching anything (any possessable joints at least), and click grab to end your hands from possessing joints. That's it.

Reactions: Chipo and kraoro

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
When you possess the head you will notice their hands/wrists should have green circles around them. Line up your hands with the possessed's hands and and you will take control of those hands (may take a little wiggling); there is even controller feedback when it happens, I believe. If you accidentally come in contact with another joint of theirs, you will then possess that instead, so be careful. If you click grab on either controller before possessing a joint, you will close off the possessable joint option, and you will have to dispossess head and repossess head to try again. In situations where you only want to possess the head, simply make sure your hands aren't touching anything (any possessable joints at least), and click grab to end your hands from possessing joints. That's it.
Thanks! Possessing the hands did it. That scene is now infinitely better.

aphids

Oct 14, 2019
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Works great, thanks!
The new presets (vap) are far more flexible than the old looks system as well. If you notice on all the presets (appearance, skin, hair, clothes) their is a "lock controlled param values" option.

Checking "lock" will keep that hair/skin/clothing the same even if you load a new appearances.

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Dunno if you're following vam's official discord, but a lot of cool stuff about a certain Crazy and the rest of the modding community is happening in the general channel

" im not using your work if you want me to pull the plug on everything a go so be it but this is the only income i have im a poor korean woman trying to make some money for me and my family members while my studio i work for is closed "

"i will give up profit/model if it means i can clear my self . I love making models its my life"

How can someone be this fake lmao
Shameless

Last edited:

Trent Randy

May 3, 2021
Oh shit, it's happening right now

3dM *is* kind of effed, though. their models are just okay, and if they're taking other's content to sell it, that is pretty dumb. way too many people make shit content for money. Riddlest *cough*

Reactions: Krosos and Sgrodolo
Jul 17, 2019
3dm has always been crazy
they use to come here and throw a hissy fit because their stuff was being shared
It got bad enough that they got banned
Then 'new' accounts would come in and rant about elitism
and we shouldn't forget about the 'lawyer' threat
All for less than average models

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
3dm has always been crazy
they use to come here and throw a hissy fit because their stuff was being shared
It got bad enough that they got banned
Then 'new' accounts would come in and rant about elitism
and we shouldn't forget about the 'lawyer' threat
All for less than average models
Complains about his stuff being stolen, everything he makes is stolen. How the table turns.
They got him good this time. Nothing will change of course.

Back to playing ignorant v

• Haha
Reactions: louis120789

Trent Randy

May 3, 2021
yeah it's been a while since I've seen someone so obviously guilty. I goaded her into showing her process and with so many experienced creators involved, she's either going to prove them all wrong or prove herself a thief.

doubt any of the mods actually care though.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes