4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Years is a bit over the top most of the foundation stands it's mostly code porting refactoring and how to integrate new Unity features.
though the entire hair rendering and simulation needs to be enhanced and visually a lot improved that seems one of the most dramatic changes as the hair simulation quality results will decide so much more, the old system is also fully tessellation pipeline based it's going to age badly with the new render paradigms we are moving into at great pace.
Though outside of Unitys Code base implementing this Hair complexity only ontop of it i see no real chance for being very successful with that especially performance wise.
Also something which Morgana is going to create headaches soon ;)

Seeing no own Demo from Unitys Research Department and a own full Solution approach yet also lowers the confidence factor, that we gonna see a revolution needed from Morgana nor Mesh running on 1 GPU/CPU efficiently at much higher visual requirements and the more and more complex getting concurrent simulation targets.

I really hope im wrong.

Updating this old Hair approach and bring it up2date that seems the most major task for everyone.

Lets wait and see who is gonna surprise us here first Morgana or Mesh with stable Simulation and in Engine Creation results

The Race is on ;)

And lets see how far the Unrealers will be by then fixing all their simulation problems.

Last edited:

Trent Randy

May 3, 2021
Hi guys, You may already know but I found someting good for Oculus Quest users. I used to open Vam just by double click after I connect to virtual desktop via steam. But yesterday I tried to open it via clicking on virtual desktop stream's icon launch game... (next to windows date-clock) and it gave me so much better fps than steam gives.. Improvment was like 40fps to 75 80 fps (even quest can handle only 72) and quality is the same.
I found this on Universen's page, and I'm having trouble figuring out what they mean. Icon launch game next to window's date-clock? I don't know what that means.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
One of the most valuable functions that got into VAM 1.x Hierarchical Scenegraph (Scenes inside Scenes,Subscenes) also known in Daz as Groups :)

A competitor needs this concept it is a absolute task time saver being able to preset entire scene logic structures and reuse them also being able to compare different combintions is such a time saver in optimizing the overall physic playout and performance result.
Will be absolutely missed in the 2.0 alpha as well for sure by many.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A good Gui concept for Subscene loading/destroying is definitely needed it is essential for doing complex Synced Pose re usage without braking the current rather non deterministic physic result all the time.

And you can hell fast iterate at least on non interactive results seeing different versions of it playing out and compare the result directly side by side in entire different setup variations, really powerful :D

And you can create even very interesting time saving tools on top with it :)

PS: Something leaked memory again it just crashed unexpectedly on memory running out

As soon as we get this workflow stable Scene creation will explode, many more will be able to use it with shorter learning effort and further reduced task times, creating higher complexity scenes. :)

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
WTF
performance catastrophe.jpg
performancecatastrophe2.jpg

Wee need such a scene in the Benchmark where Sync out is major not only pure rendering

syncphysictime.jpg

What for a Creepy Creature

barbiesucks.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mrturdlebee

drasmine

Jun 11, 2020
hi!!,
first, sorry about my english.
i want to use the the window camera, or other camera pluggin in vam as a "real" webcam , this is, show the image of the window camera out of vam as if it were a web camera of the pc itself, there are any way or pluggin to make this?

thanks!!!:)

mrturdlebee

Oct 25, 2021
99.9% of content wont work with 2.0 and 2.0 wont even be properly playable for another 2 years.
yeah not sure how he's thinking he's going to continue getting money from this project. I for one wont be paying for a beta/alpha or half baked product and you can bet 90% of the users aren't going to either

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes