4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No chance to get higher Performance in 1.x and just a pretty small spot illuminated at all

if you see that raymarching overhead cost of 3 lights it's crazy

Last edited:

duration

Aug 24, 2019
Hey folks, After updating VAM and installing couple of some other *.var files, all girls in mostly all scene(s) started having Extra Large prolonged Eye-lashes, overlaping with original ones.
Look on this attached picture. Maybe somebody can advise me, how get rid of them and how to fix this problem? Please folks help!!!

Last edited:

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
How are the files in the asset release section screened for potential problems or malware? Do the uploaders check them before sharing?

Galin

May 5, 2017
How are the files in the asset release section screened for potential problems or malware? Do the uploaders check them before sharing?
The last "Malware"-Attack here was in December 2020. You should scan EVERY downloaded File, not only the Files you downloaded here...;)
You should also make a Backup from your System, Data, and Programs...;)
I'm the man who must repair this, if you don't. And I earn my money with this shit...;)

Reactions: MrZack

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
The last "Malware"-Attack here was in December 2020. You should scan EVERY downloaded File, not only the Files you downloaded here...;)
You should also make a Backup from your System, Data, and Programs...;)
I'm the man who must repair this, if you don't. And I earn my money with this shit...;)
If by "scan" you mean to manually inspect every plugin file then I'm afraid I don't have the skill to do so. Besides that, it's not like antivirus software would pick up a malicious plugin for VAM.

I was just wondering if the uploaders get their source files from trusted sources or not, just as an extra precaution.

Galin

May 5, 2017
If by "scan" you mean to manually inspect every plugin file then I'm afraid I don't have the skill to do so. Besides that, it's not like antivirus software would pick up a malicious plugin for VAM.

I was just wondering if the uploaders get their source files from trusted sources or not, just as an extra precaution.
You are right, the Attacker in December deleted some Vam Content by script, this can happen.
Some time later VaM creators installed this Question, if you trust a new plugin.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Is there a way to batch extract character looks (legacy) and presets from scenes without having to open each one? I have about 2000 scenes now and many of them have characters I need to import to make custom animations but I have to open each scene and export look and preset which on average takes 1-2 minutes, with 500 characters I'm looking at about 16-20 hours to process it all, obvioulsy I don't have time to sit for a week converting scenes to looks, is there some tool that can do it automatically?

johnwithlenon

Sep 22, 2021
That hoster is crap though i guess the problem is that you are still on the Main Branch instead of Beta Opt In only the Beta Branch supports some more special Hair and Cloth functions which aren't yet in the Main Branch.

2 Guys and a lot of Fun (Her Dark Desires)
Interior Pre Production test
Umm excuse me, where can I get this male hair (the one in the attachment)? Thank you.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Most crashes in VAM are now happening because their are to much vars to manage and they cause the death for VAMs already bad memory management the requirements are exploding the memory leaking becomes even worse it seems.

Not good how VARs are handled memory wise the current GC is also so bad no words for it after 3-4 scenes memory crash has become pretty unavoidable because the memory with 300 GB of VARS to manage is at it's total end already at load and it gets worse and worse every scene (load and destroy) cycle.
could be also that some plugins are so unstable handling memory and their own destruction but i doubt this but overall it's not a pleasant experience with so many VARS not just from the Performance Point of view but that overall is not so problematic as the growing memory usage and chaos handling just the 300 GB VARs pure existence the cache managing continuous in memory decompression surely is also a part of this exploding memory management problem now, aswell as those dupes and their useless indexing and overall existence.

If 3-4 Scenes doesn't survive stable loading/destroying after each other with 16 GB without going out of memory than something goes into the very wrong direction more unstable than DAZ Studio is not really a good thing.

Circumventing 1 issue with another is obviously going to push heavy on other resources if you not attack the culprit of the problem at it's core though if you have no real access to the core you are fucked.

Though this needs a closer look @ now it's a entire new situation to analyze i really hope 2.0 will get also more stable at the same time with such amount of data crunching and management.

johnwithlenon

remove .dat put into \Custom\Atom\Person\Hair

Last edited:
Reactions: johnwithlenon

aphids

Oct 14, 2019
Is there a way to batch extract character looks (legacy) and presets from scenes without having to open each one? I have about 2000 scenes now and many of them have characters I need to import to make custom animations but I have to open each scene and export look and preset which on average takes 1-2 minutes, with 500 characters I'm looking at about 16-20 hours to process it all, obvioulsy I don't have time to sit for a week converting scenes to looks, is there some tool that can do it automatically?
Might do it

johnwithlenon

Sep 22, 2021
johnwithlenon

remove .dat put into \Custom\Atom\Person\Hair
Now I notice that my VaM does not have "SimV2 Hair" :oops:, looks like it isn't included in the clean version of 1.20.77.9 (let me redownload it again to check. Otherwise I need to download old version to get it back) Edit: I check the "Show Legacy" box and it finally shows up).
Thank you!

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
i think overall VAM reaches a great state in that we really achieve better and better emotional output results much more stable, i can see it with anna/virginia how much easier it has become to get results stable and not having to riddle around so much why they work at all ;)
no where else i achieved this in all these years even DAZ itself, this is so powerful when we get more and more realistic looks that it already works at such abstraction levels, going full FACS in 2.0 nothing gonna stop us anymore.

Being able todo Realtime Disguising and realizing how deception of perception works is Amazing.

Running this for 6 hours now leaked a lot of memory tough and i yet have no idea really why.

EmIarMitee
Who knows what goes wrong im pretty sure the creator never did such a hardcore field test with it yet but just some synthetic stability testing.

But everything that goes strange look first at your Phsyical and Virtual memory condition it's really a big culprit of VAM (Unity) getting more and more complex.
Especially now with so many .vars to handle at the same time, doesn't improved the overall memory situation.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
With such a asset result you realize many paid creators do care shit

Deleting this crap result immediately is the best you can do and putting the creator on a big blacklist of amateur
don't even talk to much with him/her if he/she releases this broken asset crap into public and want's to be even paid for it he/she aren't worth to lose any time on.

The Newest Fail in VAM
THESCENE

Now his stuff is so bad and generic that he tries to go over his own Website rescuing what is to rescue if anything at all :D

And now the Cam Girl Invasion is starting as well ;)

With a Milf that makes herself a younger illusion ;)

Last edited:

RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
Wait, so before I start downloading this game, it isn't an Exclusively online experience, right? Some people in other treads made me think this is some sort of Virtual Reality only exclusive... Oh wait, this game is worthless if I don't have an VR isn't it?...

Oh well.

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
Wait, so before I start downloading this game, it isn't an Exclusively online experience, right? Some people in other treads made me think this is some sort of Virtual Reality only exclusive... Oh wait, this game is worthless if I don't have an VR isn't it?...

Oh well.
No you can use it in desktop mode, it makes some things like posing a little cumbersome but I imagine it makes other things easier like navigating folders, typing text and setting up values.

I don't have a VR headset and I mess with VAM a lot, of course a VR would make it better but certainly isn't necessary.

Reactions: RuberFF

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021

Oh well.
Yeah, there seems to be some issue with how this game is being advertised, I've been looking for a game like this, with all the plugins, morphs, making your own animations there are less limits than with most simulation games and it's less boring than Illusion games like honey select and yet I never had this game recommended here, I think everyone thinks it's only VR and people have no idea how customizable it is. Works fine without VR.

Reactions: MrZack and RuberFF

unknownguy14

Nov 11, 2020
Can anyone direct me to any Discord servers? I never really got a chance to share things in the other thread but being on discord would make it a lot easier.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes