4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

doggava

Dec 16, 2021
Some Ghost executes/refines/remashes, brings them together, but overall they are the effort of collective mind.
Ok, thanks for very quick reply. Is it possible to get these mashup scenes from somewhere here or elsewhere? Btw I am 100% new here :) Thanks in advance!

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
The 2.X alpha tech demo has been released

Remember to NOT download programs from random anon users

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
I load it and viewed it in VR. The looks don't really look much better And the performance is just as bad with just one person as with version 1.There wasn't even SimHair on that look

Henriyk

Jun 8, 2020
Who is the author of these VAM scenes? Looks absolutely Phenomenal IMHO, Universens type of quality or maybe even better.
It is definitely a ridiculous attempt to copy spacedog netcafe, the model has been replaced but the rest is his project. At the very least, give the man respect for his work and mention him by name (to the uploader).

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It is definitely a ridiculous attempt to copy spacedog netcafe, the model has been replaced but the rest is his project. At the very least, give the man respect for his work and mention him by name (to the uploader).
I wrote that he didn't asked about Net Cafe i should have mentioned SpaceDog explicitly though you are right especially SuperSpeech and how he combined VAMCUI and Timeline together in a undisturbed story telling way that was Clever :)
Now we can enhance this with a Multiple Choice System and on top of that Build complete Story Telling and Branching and all with animations speech and graphical subtitles :)
It will be interesting to see who takes it further now :)

It's a good beginning for a very Solid next Generation Visual Novel Foundation and it's Logic Base and we can hide lot of load latency issues in the fade out/in (at least if they can follow after it and we can even do pre caching and hidden loading in those the Elevator Trick) ;)

It's the most promising approach for such a System i saw yet and it works flawlessly in Net Cafe but it's a not so overall complex Scene setup we have to see how much we can really hide depending on the overall Scene Change Complexity.

Last edited:

user330033

Nov 3, 2020
they posted alpha tech demo on arca. direct dl from developer with package key. no serial required for tech demo.
wsad doesn't work. hold middle mouse to move. right mouse to rotate.
The face geometry is much improved compared to 1.X, everything else feels the same. No clothing, skin or hair physics yet, it is very much an early alpha build.

The new muscle pose system seems very interesting, and creators will probably like the pin pose system as it is easier to use.

Activating the directional lighting wreaks FPS.

The new lighting and rendering system looks good. Should be more powerful than the old one.

initpassw2

Nov 27, 2020
The alpha is just that an alpha, it's not useable at this point it's just showing what they have been working on and it's a small sample of the new lighting, models, pose, and muscle controls. It's a tech demo, if you're going in expecting anything like VAM 1.X that is foolish. The performance improvements are also not implemented yet, so don't expect that either.

Regardless, support MeshedVR for bringing this incredible software to life, and eventually VAM 2.0 will have all the improvements implemented for us to enjoy.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Memory Streaming instability makes me wanna go crazy, crashing at the memory edge after loading and switching 3 clothes i really hope the VAM 2.0 GC and transcoder improved significantly enough.

Only switching between 3 very simple clothing types and you crash on the Memory Edge, especially with all this VAR overhead pushing memory all the time additionally.

Memory efficiency really sucks currently vs Unreal :(

To avoid all this it is essential to keep .VAR overhead minimal it is such a enormous memory resource hog currently.

The Disney BRDF Model in 2.0 will move it to a new GFX Level :)

It will make Hunting Succubus jobless though ;)
Also lot of Macgrubers workaround work will become obsolete

though all of it much more correctly implemented and with much higher performance now at the core via HDRP :)

It looks not so bad but lets see some higher Animation complexity next and how it handles a entire Environment, but it will be anyways a huge step forward GFX wise into everyone's current direction i really hope for stability as well.

Getting this all coherently working with steady increasing scene complexity is a big big task but we are on the way again :)

The Pining is amazing

It absolutely superseeds Daz Studio now

PS: If you watch this and somehow think about Beyond Two Souls, that was my intention ;)

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
So far it's pretty stable as well no crash yet even after a long run time and lot of Web Browsing aside of it but it's yet not complex enough :)

still runs like a champ and renders :)

HD 4x is a good balanced decision so far will be interesting to see it's result when more motion comes into play

Though desync seems to be still a problem you can see it as it shows no FPS it thinks it's infinite

Last edited:

arkath

Aug 26, 2016
I'm looking for some help here, some scenes have this thing where they reload/change skin textures or decals at certain points in the animation which affects the preset look I loaded initially. How could I go about adjusting or disabling that so I can keep my model's original look?

I've tried looking in the timeline plugin attached to the model but I can only seem to find pose-related sliders and keyframes.

Afran

Feb 4, 2018
How are people managing to start this in VR mode? I am on SteamVR and using a Reverb G2. 1.2 just works and fires up in VR, but this defaults to the desktop version. I have tried to start from Steam Home, but it just stalls.

OhAshenOne

Dec 3, 2020
How is this not an obvious malware? It's literally called "Clean Torrent" and pings hard on malware, plus it's just an exe, no rar or game files. Am I missing something...?

Jun 19, 2018
How is this not an obvious malware? It's literally called "Clean Torrent" and pings hard on malware, plus it's just an exe, no rar or game files. Am I missing something...?
The ZIP attached? This is just a downloader. Run it in the VM if you're curious what it does. Test it on Virustotal and share your findings (or prove they're wrong).

Olfsen

Oct 14, 2020
reverb is wmr if i'm not wrong...
i had a lenovo explorer... so, start the wmr activating the reverb, then launch vam, steam vr should start without needing to launch it.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes