4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

ThreeLeggedMan

May 8, 2020
I've just downloaded a fresh copy of 1.22.x and entered the 1.21 key -- works perfectly fine. And as ubermaan already pointed out, your screenshot clearly shows why you couldn't add a key to your previous installation: "Access to the path 'Keys/1.21' is denied".

Here's a quote from MeshedVR on "How to install VaM":

IMPORTANT: choose a folder that is not admin-rights protected. For example, don't try to install to Program Files directory as that is admin-protected. VaM needs to be able to write files to the directory you install it in.

You failed to do so, and that's why they key didn't seem to work.
Definitely that's the reason.. my bad, didn't know that, thanks for the help.

Reactions: theMickey_

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
So regarding VamX, are threesomes still a WIP or am I missing something? I can't figure out how to get the third character involved in the action, she always just stands off to the side touching herself.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
So regarding VamX...
There's a dedicated thread to vamX, so I suggest to ask there instead of here.

In general -- although this might be an unpopular opinion -- I highly vouch against using vamX! vamX changes a lot on how VaM works, and although it comes with a couple of pre-selected scenes/looks/plugins which might be nice for newbies, vamX doesn't help at all for people wanting to experience the full potential of VaM.

Instead I'd always encourage new (as well as experienced) user to watch a couple of tutorials on Youtube on how to work with "basic VaM" and then just download scenes/looks/poses/plugins you want to use. Otherwise you are stuck to what vamX has to offer and will never know what VaM has to offer...

TL/DR: Do NOT ever use vamX. Watch soem tutorials on how to use VaM and slowly progress from there.

Reactions: zagodin

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
1682261481966.png
why cant I use this one on others chars? when I go on the morphs it dosent show. and this is just one example

Last edited:

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
There's a dedicated thread to vamX, so I suggest to ask there instead of here.

In general -- although this might be an unpopular opinion -- I highly vouch against using vamX! vamX changes a lot on how VaM works, and although it comes with a couple of pre-selected scenes/looks/plugins which might be nice for newbies, vamX doesn't help at all for people wanting to experience the full potential of VaM.
There aren't nearly as many people on that thread so I expected a low chance of getting a helpful reply, but will do.

The main reason I use VamX is because it's flexible and the animations generally work with a variety of different sized characters. I have other pre-made scenes downloaded but if the character isn't pretty much the standard size it tends to break them.

zagodin

Feb 11, 2022
There aren't nearly as many people on that thread so I expected a low chance of getting a helpful reply, but will do.

The main reason I use VamX is because it's flexible and the animations generally work with a variety of different sized characters. I have other pre-made scenes downloaded but if the character isn't pretty much the standard size it tends to break them.
It trades a lot of VAM's capabilities for a fairly decent stab at a 'stock' game system. Those who never break out will always have a limited appreciation of what VAM can actually do.

• Angry
Reactions: dekannomad and evaw

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
It trades a lot of VAM's capabilities for a fairly decent stab at a 'stock' game system. Those who never break out will always have a limited appreciation of what VAM can actually do.
Can you tell or show me what VAM can actually do? I think I'm probably using it wrong.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
hi. 1682458137515.png those are some genital morphs sliders that come with almost of my atoms. the default number is the showed one. if I put all to 0 ( so those one will disapear) will have impact in scenes in terms of dick direction/penetration/sensibility of movement?

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
hi. If I load a scene from HUB. change the atom and then save the scene. the new scene will be identical?(with all blugins. animation etc)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
the new scene will be identical?
It highly depends on what you change and how. If you just add some atom(s), it most probably will still be the same scene with the added atom(s). If you switch characters, you might need to make sure all plugins and scripts still work. But you can't break anything by just saving your new scene with a different name and then loading it again to see if it still work, right?

why I see some scenes like this?
Because you're running the VR mode of VaM...?!

vamaholic

Jul 12, 2021
View attachment 2567315
why cant I use this one on others chars? when I go on the morphs it dosent show. and this is just one example
That morph is probably contained inside a "look" .var package which is set to only activate the morph when that particular .var package is loaded.
(Hover your mouse over the cube icon in the top left of morph pane to display the name of the .var package).
You then need to open the .var file using winrar or a zip utility and extract the meta.json file.
Edit the meta.json and change the following entry found under "customOptions":
"preloadMorphs" : "false"
to:
"preloadMorphs" : "true"
Now, re-save meta.json and use it to replace the original in the .var file.

This will instruct VAM to preload any morphs contained in the .var to load immediately upon VAM startup, and so be available for use by other characters.

Alternatively, you can simply extract the morph itself from the .var file and place it into folder Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Female

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
It highly depends on what you change and how. If you just add some atom(s), it most probably will still be the same scene with the added atom(s). If you switch characters, you might need to make sure all plugins and scripts still work. But you can't break anything by just saving your new scene with a different name and then loading it again to see if it still work, right?

Because you're running the VR mode of VaM...?!
yes but I see like this also in vr. cuz this was a oculus mirror ss.....

Oio_9090

Jan 28, 2023
Hey guys, i have a big big problem
i have more than enough room on my ssd, i would like to uninstall vam scenes to make more room, how can i do that?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes