theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi guys, is VAM a buy once or a subscription type?
It's basically a "buy once" thing -- as soon as you subscribe to Patreon, you'll get a key, which you can keep using even you cancel your subscription right afterwards.

...i play with my 3050 and that's always lag when i play some animations
Depending on how "heavy" a scene and/or animation is, that's to expected, no matter your hardware. Yes, VaM will run better the better hardware (as in GPU, CPU and RAM) you have, but VaM itself has its constraints. There are some plugins though which will improve VaM's performance ( for example), and there are also some "tricks" (settings) which you can use to play scenes/animation more fluidly.

I am genuinly confused.
I highly recommend to not use vamX, especially to any new VaM users as yourself. The biggest mistake new VaM users make all the time is to download VaM and 100+ GB of assets in one go without knowing how to operate VaM at all. And vamX isn't helping at all.

I'd suggest the following to new VaM users: start slow. Download VaM, and start working with it and the scenes/looks/plugins it comes with. Learn how to use the (not so intuitive) UI, as it has a steep learning curve I might say. Once you're feeling comfortable using VaM by itself, go to the Hub and download a single scene/look that appeals to you -- and start playing around with that scene/look. This will make sure you learn how to work with dependencies, how to organize your *.var files, exchange looks in scenes, and how to add/remove/edit plugins. Watch some tutorials on more complicated stuff on YT, there're a lot of good in-depth tutorials out there. From that point on you can try to expand: download more looks and scenes, start creating your own stuff, and always keep your *.var files organized (as in "delete stuff you tested but didn't like and therefore don't want to keep"). And soon you will realize, you won't need vamX at all...

Reactions: DeadDogi

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
brother i wanna ask about minimum PC specification to play vam without lag, because i play with my 3050 and that's always lag when i play some animations
I used to play with a Ryzen 1600 and an RX570 with acceptable performance (in some scenes) after tweaking with Givemefps plugin. But I dont think you can go any lower than that.

Today I use a 6700XT to play in VR, it's good, but overkill for flatscreen. I upgraded CPU to Ryzen 5600 aswell, which I think would be the sweet spot for flatscreen and VR.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3D_Adict

3D_Adict

Oct 18, 2020
brother i wanna ask about minimum PC specification to play vam without lag, because i play with my 3050 and that's always lag when i play some animations
Realistically The minimum would be 16gb ram , 4gb graphics card and a quad core cpu
this would allow 2 to 3 character atoms without to much drop in FPS.
a PC with 32gb ram , 8gb graphics card and 6 to 8 core cpu will be better.

Many things can cause lagging or drop in FPS.

Main culprits are, having more lights , lots of 8k textures , more than 3 character atoms , Physics like hair ,clothing, body etc
and Assets like environments that use a lot of vertices, can be big deal breaker on the PC

all depends on your scene, the more you add the more the pc has to handle.

Tomboy Enjoyer

Jr. Uploader
Aug 4, 2021
Cap your framerate to 60 or whatever you feel confident with.
Don't use soft body physics and set the physics update rate to 2.
Add naturalis to the female atom for some immersion with low to no impact.
Reduce max pixel lights to 2 or disable all light sources and only use one single center light from the "focus on me" session plugin. Disabling all ligths can be done within focus on me with one click.
This alone will boost your fps significantly. You can also set the hair quality by each peace to fast, this reduces the shadows within hair layers and may look bad with more lights turned on but also gives quite a fps boost.
When it still hitches, your cpu could be the problem.
Make sure to use the CPU fix from the .
If you are playing in VR there is also a FSR mod for vam which gives a sharper image than before but on a lower resolution.
The 3050 is equal to my 1070 I've previously used in VR and it was alright.
I got 40-50fps with rare lags (no heavy 3+ person scenes) which is totally fine.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes