RPGM Abandoned Vis Major: Awakening [2018-11-19] [Doki Ninja]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

xenos87

May 2, 2017
When I played the 29-7-18 update & got to work in the coffee shop (which was the only 'mini game' I knew of), there were no additional scenes with any of the NPC's...
I talked with @Doki Ninja and he told me that the events I'm talking about can be triggered by serving the relevant npcs as the very last customers. So for example you would serve every customer except for the patient and that will trigger the patient event (there are several levels for each event). However there is a bug at the moment for the patient that needs to be fixed and so far only patient and the two guys have events. To be honest, I preferred the old system, where just serving them would trigger the events, since it meant less "grinding".

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I talked with @Doki Ninja and he told me that the events I'm talking about can be triggered by serving the relevant npcs as the very last customers. So for example you would serve every customer except for the patient and that will trigger the patient event (there are several levels for each event). However there is a bug at the moment for the patient that needs to be fixed and so far only patient and the two guys have events. To be honest, I preferred the old system, where just serving them would trigger the events, since it meant less "grinding".
Thanks mate - I will have to go back & try it again!!

Reactions: xenos87

Eandrid

May 5, 2017
The original release of the remake at least had new content, adding in the mother and changes to the intro. But all the scenes in this update (and a lot of scenes in this remade version) are EXACT remakes of the scenes from the old game. Same shots and everything, with improved visuals. So for long term fans, it's very disappointing. Maybe it would have been better to do scenes from paths that hadn't been explored fully in the original game (hospital and police paths.)
I agree with you 100% personnally i stopped being a patron because i really felt like he just wasted time and our money! I mean the game was going well and now there is less scene than the original wtf! you dont remake a game when it is not done and even more if it s to put less content and spend much more time between each update.
Also is it just me or did the first release of the remake had more content than this update?

Reactions: Danny69

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
If you keep asking those questions you have obviously not read anything that Doki Ninja explained on his Patreon page.
I don't think he ever specifically stated he was doing a shot for shot remake, released piecemeal. The changes in the first release gave the impression of a true remake. Since the game is semi-nonlinear, seems counterintuitive to not include anything new if you want to keep people who've been with you since the beginning.

I generally don't like when people pull a George Lucas and fiddle with their old work. The original game looked great, we were all onboard. People who start over tend to keep doing it, over and over, they're never happy.

Reactions: RazzleDazzle

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I generally don't like when people pull a George Lucas and fiddle with their old work. The original game looked great, we were all onboard. People who start over tend to keep doing it, over and over, they're never happy.
Game was great and I agree with you that in most cases such remakes are unfortunate to say at least. But to be fair previous VM had really confusing plotline and a few rather restricting ideas. New VM in my opinion is not only better but its existence is justified. With a few updates it should gain some weight and I'm sure it will be worth it. For me it is already (especially since tomorrow should come rather spicy litlle update for it - with content probably exceeding what we could see in previous VM due to design restrictions).

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I am only speaking for myself as an 8-month patron of Doki's work but this is the first time I have stuck with a game that has gone through a total re-write. Even though the first version had more content, the story line was confusing as fuck and it got to the point that Doki realised that as well. I have stuck with Doki & will continue to do so as long as he keeps progressing with his game...
p.s. it also helps that the MC is both cute & fkn sexy!! LOL!!!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hello, and...

Aww man! So here I was, finishing up another scene, when suddenly..!
A wild thought appeared... why can't I... I mean, why should I not..?

Instead of finishing the scene with an image or two (like I did in George_3 Innocence "Poke it" path)... This time I include a proper animation to make it even better! This would also add more dialogue, hmm...

So here I am, waiting for test animation #3 to finish rendering to check if there's anything else that still needs to be fixed.

So yeah, once this 30 frame animation is done and rendered, I'll post another patch (not final). So that should be tomorrow, not today!

Sorry about that, folks!

Have a good day/evening/night and see you soon!

Cheers!

sandro

May 27, 2017
Has anyone the last august patches that developer posted? one was on august 9th and last one two days ago, with more abt cafe-george route.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I dont have a problem with re-working the game. I forgot about this game completely till I saw it in the 'recent posts' but it seems the dev keeps creating something then comes up with another idea and re-works the scene again. I going to wait to see if someone posts the bug fix for the serving scenes.

It is better to have those scenes trigger when you interact with a NPC then to try and figure who the odd NPC is. All tho I'm guessing a player should be able to tell, based on the NPC's appearance!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Doki Ninja posted
Dev update #47

Hello!

I should really stop giving deadlines...

Update will be posted in next couple of days. Sorry about that, but something came up and I just have to run away for now.

Have a nice weekend and talk to you soon!

Cheers!

Reactions: anime66

uberzubron

Nov 14, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for this game?
I find RPGM's quite tedious, currently stuck looking for a gym outfit in some cafe looking for George whos not even there and cant get out !
loving the artwork tho, If anyone can tell me how to extract the images that'd be helpful too..

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Doki Ninja posted
Vis Major Awakening - 20/Aug/2018 - Public

Hello!

Public version wasn't released in a long while! So here it is:

Changelog:

• Two events with Hugh
  • Small event with Ajax
  • Two events with George:
Second event - Minx path is missing for now.
  • Cafe mini-game:
Patient & Two guys - events are there
Two gals & Older guy - events pending

Next Patron version with Minx content and the rest of the mini-game is still under way.
It's a bit more complicated than Innocence path was, so it's taking a while. ☉_☉

Bug reports go !

Have fun everyone,

Cheers!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for this game?
I find RPGM's quite tedious, currently stuck looking for a gym outfit in some cafe looking for George whos not even there and cant get out !
loving the artwork tho, If anyone can tell me how to extract the images that'd be helpful too..
You don't need to extract the images; they're already there in the main folder. Vis Major > www > img> pictures

New walkthrough above

Reactions: uberzubron
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes