RPGM Abandoned Vis Major: Awakening [2018-11-19] [Doki Ninja]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I'm a little concerned about this rework/restart.

I work with software implementation on a daily basis. Just about every code monkey I know under some project deadline wishes he had the time to go back and rewrite his ugly ass hack code (their own words). The problem is that their barely functioning shoestring code that nevertheless gets the job done is NEVER worth the invested time to rework. Oh sure they are probably able to squeeze out a 7% performance enhancement or some added functionality they couldn't work in earlier. However their time away from pushing something else more urgent is lost.

This allegory is very fitting for Vis Major as well. The version 0.48 and previous was certainly a bit clunky in structure and writing. It had its warts, we saw them, we acknowledged them but we were fine with it because overall VM was a heck of a game.

Now we're getting a rework with "improvements". Improved graphics, increased functionality and a tighter story with new characters. The problem is that this remake carries with it its own damning problems. The obvious one being that we're rethreading the story again with recycled graphics, many others have mentioned this. Still my personal biggest peeves is the addition of the mother character that's now bunking with you. This development is bringing with it its own clunkiness in terms of story and writing, which in large parts was the goal of the rework to address in the first place.

From what I've experienced VM:A is a good game and I have no doubt it will continue to be so. When I look back I have no problem however stating that VM 0.48 and earlier was already one of the games with the highest production values on this board. It was one of the least needed reworks I could imagine.

My post I made on this game when the "rework" was released. I still stand by every word except the part about VM:A being a good game.

Terrible decision making on the development of this game.

John Woodbridge

Honorable member with ethical values
Donor
Jun 3, 2017
After reading most of other comments, I played the both versions to make my opinion clear about it. I must say that they are not so similar and each content is valuable and has enough accuracy with its storyboard and gameplay. Of course I like same characters in both stories but playing them was absolutely not boring at all. I hope now Dev. will propose an update of Vis Major Awakening. The game is promising and plenty of empty areas in which story could develop some events ! :cool:

Reactions: paddyo73 and MG_

Djeep

Feb 9, 2019
Hi ....
Well, what do you know? Well this game pisses me off, you get into the game and you get fucked in style because you have to wait for a pseudo update or be boss! Ben I was boss and the only updates, I found it on F95 zone, because at $ 20 you expect to be privileged ... well no need to be on the site to have updates to day! So the bosses at the toilet and basta! ... I let myself tempted..resultat to have a sequel becomes boss and you will have a new ... will make you see in hell ducon!

Reactions: Amazonqween

plsdontmindme

Feb 25, 2020
hello, the walkthrough link is dead. can someone upload the new one pls. i cant find it anywhere on google. pls im drying to fap.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
This is what I got, it's not the latest version (probably) but you can still use this one while waiting for it.

Reactions: plsdontmindme

Amazonqween

Sep 13, 2017
have to continue playing the game ... good game but it stopped updating anything that was touched by the game ... need to complete the game .... who is willing to take part of the game ... :( :( :cry:

Igor9504

Mar 10, 2018
it's been a few years, and the game has no sequel, it's not over, there's no update, nothing, it would be good if someone ran those games and finished, it's a shame to stay on hold or be abandoned

Reactions: lewdman89
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes