Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
The sandbox prices and incomes must have been set wrong.
pay 200k and 1000 citizens (loosing up to 5k income in tax per week) earn, 500 coins a week.

Why on earth would I ever do that? Its a loss that will continue the entire game. You will always be 4,500 coins less per week from the moment of purchase.

It will take 400 weeks to get the initial payment back, and you will in the same time have lost 1,800,000 coins in lost tax revenues. All the while the purchased item will get ever more expensive the longer you play.

The prize in citizens is so over the top you should probably shoot yourself, let the game play itself for a full day, and then buy everything at once. Because any and all purchases will not help the game length/grind.
So true. I did the math on the upgrades too. I made a save file, and then I deleted the game. It made absolutely no sense trying to play the game with such game balance. Really hope this gets fixed in the future, because right now the sandbox math for costs/benefits is ridiculous.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey Mad King, I don't mean to be rude, but I asked a question a few pages back. It's not in me to be insistent, but I thought it was an important point. I read some of your responses to others and it doesn't seem clear yet how the VN and Sandbox versions are gonna differ in terms of Content. I'll link you to my question:
https://f95zone.to/threads/vis-v1-4-ch-1-mad-king-games.22179/page-68#post-6167240

Thank you and I wish you nothing but success. Sandbox might be the scariest word on this site when it comes to VN's, I may not like it, but I part with a good luck in your direction :)

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hey Mad King, I don't mean to be rude, but I asked a question a few pages back. It's not in me to be insistent, but I thought it was an important point. I read some of your responses to others and it doesn't seem clear yet how the VN and Sandbox versions are gonna differ in terms of Content. I'll link you to my question:
https://f95zone.to/threads/vis-v1-4-ch-1-mad-king-games.22179/page-68#post-6167240

Thank you and I wish you nothing but success. Sandbox might be the scariest word on this site when it comes to VN's, I may not like it, but I part with a good luck in your direction :)
I think that due to the flow and my lack of attention, I may have missed it, so I apologize. The link you've sent me redirects me to a page of the forum, where your username is not present. Is it the correct one?

• Sad
Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I think that due to the flow and my lack of attention, I may have missed it, so I apologize. The link you've sent me redirects me to a page of the forum, where your username is not present. Is it the correct one?
OOF! Sorry about that, I linked it based on my preference of showing 40 posts instead of the default 20.
I'll just quote it below:
Hey Mad King, just a question. Does the Sandbox have extra content that the VN doesn't? So if I play VN mode am I missing out on content? I'd hate it if there are some scenes that could have been added to VN to be exclusive to sandbox because you give them priority. Just a thought.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
In terms of the main story, no. In terms of side activities, adult animations and things to do, Yes.
Hmm... I can see that. Does the Sandbox get more adult/romantic scenes than the VN? And is it canon? Do the side events affect the characters in the story?

An example would be: VN version has all the story we've already come to love in the game with characters and such. But, the sandbox has a scene where you and Love Interest 3 go to a dinner together then have sex. Is this scene not available in VN Mode?

I'm assuming that basically, if I play the VN version, I'm missing out on story content with characters? I don't mean to make it sound so blunt or accusatory, but it seems that way to me.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
here is my unofficial android port of Vis v1.4.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 12.07.2021 (now same textbox functionality as usual)
Does it have wt mod?

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hmm... I can see that. Does the Sandbox get more adult/romantic scenes than the VN? And is it canon? Do the side events affect the characters in the story?

An example would be: VN version has all the story we've already come to love in the game with characters and such. But, the sandbox has a scene where you and Love Interest 3 go to a dinner together then have sex. Is this scene not available in VN Mode?

I'm assuming that basically, if I play the VN version, I'm missing out on story content with characters? I don't mean to make it sound so blunt or accusatory, but it seems that way to me.
Does the Sandbox get more adult/romantic scenes?
It will, but those will be triggered by the events and the status from the main campaign (the story)
and with this, I will reach another point of yours:
Do the side events affect the characters in the story?
No, because it would almost be an impossible way to synchronize the events from the sandbox and to trigger events in the story mode. So the logic I am going to implement is Story(vn) -sends status> Sandbox. So basically if you unlock a threesome scene with a character in the story, you will unlock threesome scenes in the sandbox with that character, each time you visit.

Reactions: Ssato243

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mad King There is a variable fubar in code of "0.9 update story", line 112, and in "1.0 update story", line 47 that is meant to add integers to leader_stat but instead makes it equal to the integers. Below is the code. I've corrected it in my forthcoming multi-mod but thought you should be aware. Regards.

"0.9 update story", line 112
Code:
"Stay calm.":
    $ leader_stat =+ 1
    scene six_zero_nine_10
    with Dissolve(1.0)
"1.0 update story", line 47:
Code:
label calm_alissa_troops:
       scene one_zero_24
       with Dissolve(1.0)
       $ leader_stat =+ 2
It should be: $ leader_stat += 1 and $ leader_stat += 2 respectively.
Mad King a mod user (Moisan4) noticed there is a similar bug in script line 4763 regarding the Seducer variable.
Code:
menu:
    "{i}She noticed my gaze. I might as well compliment her.{/i}":
        $ seducer_stat =+ 2
        jump compliment_her_01
Correct code should be the following to actually add 2 and not force the variable to equal 2:
Code:
menu:
        $ seducer_stat += 2
        jump compliment_her_01
Regards.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Mad King a mod user (Moisan4) noticed there is a similar bug in script line 4763 regarding the Seducer variable.
Code:
menu:
        $ seducer_stat =+ 2
        jump compliment_her_01
Correct code should be the following to actually add 2 and not force the variable to equal 2:
Code:
menu:
        $ seducer_stat += 2
        jump compliment_her_01
Regards.

Thank you a lot. I will forward this to the dev.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Does the Sandbox get more adult/romantic scenes?
It will, but those will be triggered by the events and the status from the main campaign (the story)
and with this, I will reach another point of yours:
Do the side events affect the characters in the story?
No, because it would almost be an impossible way to synchronize the events from the sandbox and to trigger events in the story mode. So the logic I am going to implement is Story(vn) -sends status> Sandbox. So basically if you unlock a threesome scene with a character in the story, you will unlock threesome scenes in the sandbox with that character, each time you visit.
Hmm... so it's like DLC in a way? Like, the stuff you unlock in story is codified to unlock others in Sandbox mode? I only ask these questions cause I wanted to know the stuff missing from the Visual Novel only version and see what I'm missing. I think it's only natural since the story was exclusively a VN and it turned into a sandbox overnight in a sense.

It would suck if, as a strictly VN player, I start to miss content because I refuse to play the new sandbox mode. If we do indeed have to play Sandbox to get content at least make it cheatable or unlockable through cheat codes or something. Maybe a speedmode where everything unlocks faster if you enable the option.

Either way, thanks for the responses!

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hmm... so it's like DLC in a way? Like, the stuff you unlock in story is codified to unlock others in Sandbox mode? I only ask these questions cause I wanted to know the stuff missing from the Visual Novel only version and see what I'm missing. I think it's only natural since the story was exclusively a VN and it turned into a sandbox overnight in a sense.

It would suck if, as a strictly VN player, I start to miss content because I refuse to play the new sandbox mode. If we do indeed have to play Sandbox to get content at least make it cheatable or unlockable through cheat codes or something. Maybe a speedmode where everything unlocks faster if you enable the option.

Either way, thanks for the responses!
Yes. So when you reach a certain relationship with one of the female characters, in the story, it will unlock scenes in the sandbox, fitted for that level of intimacy that you've reached. So yes, players are going to miss things out.
Related to the other question, the game can have mods so most likely, mods will appear to make things easier than they are.

sickdude

Sep 15, 2020
Making the game sandbox is the worst decision ever, why did they do that?
There will be a sandbox mode AND an only VN mode in future updates!!

I think Mad King wants to give the player the oppertunity to form his own kingdom with the sandbox/management mode, sth that is more flexible than in an only VN. I dont like sandbox either but all the ppl here complaining about an first stage implemented sandbox, maybe it will be great when its finished and polished ?? Maybe we should wait and see how it turns out?? This game is in development, some people maybe forget that! The developer does deserve a little bit more trust in my opinion, so far every update he brought out was great!

D

Deleted member 1371216

Disliked too many stuff about the game, especially how (in parts I've played) every LI is better than MC who's acting like a sex crazed (but barely fucks) incompetent fool. Game gives you the impression that there would be lotsa sex but that couldn't be further from the truth. I started skipping until the sandbox part from the scene where Morrigan is naked in the pool and I have to say doesn't worth the hassle. I noticed only 2 sex scenes in between and incompetent MC gets captured again lol. I'm writing this as a comment instead of rating because I couldn't commit to playing the game at all so just gonna leave it here.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
I liked it when it was a VN. Great story with awesome music.
Sandbox is confusing as hell. I don't know what to do. No on game guide or anything to yell me what to do to progress.
24/7 day cycle is too slow. It'll take 100k+ to unlock road, barracks etcetera. But the weekly income looks to be not that big. So I fear endless grinding.
Kingdom management looks too complicated.

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes