Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Would someone here please clarify the Rise of the legend version for me. In the comments for this version, it's supposed to be the main game with side stories, but it says version 1.0. The version that was recently updated, the non RotL is at version 1.3. Is the RotL also up to date with the main story?
ROTL has been abandoned.

Reactions: The D0n

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Honestly, I expected something of a much smaller update initially, but it went way beyond my expectations. I'm kinda not sure if I did the right thing regarding to Günther. I went with the nice dude route, but these assholes tends to show up later to be a pain in the ass again, so I might go back to that later on.

As far as the sandbox and management aspect is concerned, as long as you don't make it overly grindy, hide content behind huge ass pointless maps with endless clicking, it should work just fine. It would make sense that for gathering strenght and dealing with kingdom related issues you could choose the order of events and when to do it, while for story and character content you could go back to VN mode, making the game mechanics being a mixture between the two.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Honestly, I expected something of a much smaller update initially, but it went way beyond my expectations. I'm kinda not sure if I did the right thing regarding to Günther. I went with the nice dude route, but these assholes tends to show up later to be a pain in the ass again, so I might go back to that later on.

As far as the sandbox and management aspect is concerned, as long as you don't make it overly grindy, hide content behind huge ass pointless maps with endless clicking, it should work just fine. It would make sense that for gathering strenght and dealing with kingdom related issues you could choose the order of events and when to do it, while for story and character content you could go back to VN mode, making the game mechanics being a mixture between the two.
But you must admit that Gunther was/is a smart man.

Reactions: The D0n

Vallcry

Aug 14, 2018
Ah.. So not the bad "NTR".. Should probably put some kind of disclaimer on the OP of what type it is to avoid those questions and confusion..

Will add to my download list.

Edit.. Or maybe not looking back into the past of the thread it is a full on lesbian NTR scenario.. I'm not into my girls being stolen.

I don't feel like it qualifies as NTR (no actual romantic relationship between the character and mc at that point so there is no "cheating or stealing"), in fact you can see the extent of the "ntr" in two of the screenshots provided in the OP. That's all it is.
So you'd be missing out immensely if you'd not give the game a shot because of something thats highly overblown here.

All that aside, Amazing game you got here Mad King, picked it up today for the first time and subscribed to patreon right after!

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
There's no mysogyny in considering lesbians as not equal to males. 'Cause they are not. It's not that one is higher and the other one is lower, man and woman are not equal by default. It's quite simple actually, man and woman are of different gender (or maybe sex is more appropriate word here). There are things women cannot do and there are things men cannot do. It doesn't mean one gender is better, it's just mean that genders are different. And consider your words about lesbians... well, it all comes down to woman in question. If she feels better with other women, I mean sexually, then even the biggest machos will fail here. Or if she loves someone, indifferent of that someone's gender, any other sexual partner can't be a match comparing to the one she loves.
Of course, I don't speak of human rights or some jurisdictions, it's biology. And I guess something similiar can be said about gays. I don't know really, I had almost no contact with them (unlike lesbians). And yes, IRL lesbians can be a threat to some couples. Especially if relations in that couple based only on physical attraction. But the strange thing called mutual love changes that.
Lesbians broke couples based on sex too. Yeah, love is important as well, but same can be said for male stealing woman type of NTR too. Yeah, if dev can think lesbianism is not NTR, well. But, players gonna think it is. Even by actual meaning, it should be regarded as NTR irrespective of gender. That's why f95 also made NTR rules based on gender-neutral concept. I hope dev will give options to avoid lesbianism in future if he planned lesbianism with other characters as well.

Vallcry

Aug 14, 2018
Lesbians broke couples based on sex too. Yeah, love is important as well, but same can be said for male stealing woman type of NTR too. Yeah, if dev can think lesbianism is not NTR, well. But, players gonna think it is. Even by actual meaning, it should be regarded as NTR irrespective of gender. That's why f95 also made NTR rules based on gender-neutral concept. I hope dev will give options to avoid lesbianism in future if he planned lesbianism with other characters as well.
I don't want this thread devolve into an discussion about NTR when it should just be about vis.

I do wanna drop the definition of NTR according to wiki, Urban Dictionary and Dictionary dot com.
Just so we can put to rest that this is indeed not NTR in anyway shape or form.

Wiki: Netorare, Japanese term for cheating or being unfaithful, used in hentai media.

Dictionary dot com: The Japanese netorare (寝取られ) translates to “to be taken off.” The term is often loosely translated as “cuckold” as well, which refers to the husband or boyfriend of an adulteress. These translations demonstrate the NTR genre’s emphasis on the feelings of the individual who was cheated on (not the feelings of the individual who cheated).

UD: NTR or Netorare, (jap. 寝取られ, 寝(ne) as in 寝取られ means "sleep", in this case, "the lover's sleeping with someone (cheating)". 取られ(torare) is a noun coming from 取られる(torareru), "have something stolen/robbed".

So thats my two cents, there is no ntr in vis. I`ll leave it at this and won't continue discussing this.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
But I can agree that Lesbain NTR is not really considered as NTR, because MC hasn't got into any type of love or lust relationship with the victim and it doesn't seem to have much feelings for the victim yet, compare to his feelings towards Morgana, Morrigan and little sis.

I just given by reactions based on some people's perception on not seeing woman on woman as NTR but man on woman as NTR.

And Yeah, As a huge Mommy fan, my fav character is Morgana. And after that, Morrigan too. And dev created & developed their characters very well. And the overall non-sexual story is also so interesting, thrilling, mysterious with good heroic elevations when it's needed. And also music is so related to the theme of this game.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
I don't want this thread devolve into an discussion about NTR when it should just be about vis.

I do wanna drop the definition of NTR according to wiki, Urban Dictionary and Dictionary dot com.
Just so we can put to rest that this is indeed not NTR in anyway shape or form.

Wiki: Netorare, Japanese term for cheating or being unfaithful, used in hentai media.

Dictionary dot com: The Japanese netorare (寝取られ) translates to “to be taken off.” The term is often loosely translated as “cuckold” as well, which refers to the husband or boyfriend of an adulteress. These translations demonstrate the NTR genre’s emphasis on the feelings of the individual who was cheated on (not the feelings of the individual who cheated).

UD: NTR or Netorare, (jap. 寝取られ, 寝(ne) as in 寝取られ means "sleep", in this case, "the lover's sleeping with someone (cheating)". 取られ(torare) is a noun coming from 取られる(torareru), "have something stolen/robbed".

So thats my two cents, there is no ntr in vis. I`ll leave it at this and won't continue discussing this.
If u have just waited for 10 minutes.

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
Uncaught Exception occurred right after this image.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Story_character_dev/1.3_update_story.rpy", line 355, in script
    if liliana_invites_mc_0103 == 'True':
  File "game/Story_character_dev/1.3_update_story.rpy", line 355, in <module>
NameError: name 'liliana_invites_mc_0103' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Story_character_dev/1.3_update_story.rpy", line 355, in script
  File "C:\Users\Kin\Downloads\F\Vis-1.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\Kin\Downloads\F\Vis-1.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Kin\Downloads\F\Vis-1.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Story_character_dev/1.3_update_story.rpy", line 355, in <module>
NameError: name 'liliana_invites_mc_0103' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Vis 1.3
Tue Mar 02 00:14:51 2021

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Excellent update.
I am enjoying the story to the point where I can honestly say the sex is secondary.

HAve to admit though that seeing Liliana in those itty bitty oanties definitely woke me up :love: . Hope there's more of her coming up.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
I don't feel like it qualifies as NTR (no actual romantic relationship between the character and mc at that point so there is no "cheating or stealing"), in fact you can see the extent of the "ntr" in two of the screenshots provided in the OP. That's all it is.
So you'd be missing out immensely if you'd not give the game a shot because of something thats highly overblown here.

All that aside, Amazing game you got here Mad King, picked it up today for the first time and subscribed to patreon right after!
That's the whole issue though... Why do I need to see her sex life before getting with her?

If she's a future LI, as I said a few comments after that one..

It's not even really 'ego' or 'against lesbians'.. We're talking an innocent girl here getting corrupted into lesbian sex in hell here, yea yea we the MC don't see it, but we the player know it happens and will look at the girl differently if we every see her again..

The NTR or 'jealousy' here is the corruption of an innocent by someone other then the MC..
And since that cute elf is what draw me into this from her preview..

That's kind of what makes me not want to play atm.

What some of you seem to forget.. Future relationships also count into the definition.. Since this is a game, and she is listed on a route.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
I vote for optional NTR
I vote for the Dev to do what ever story they want to work on.. If that means a future LI getting corrupted by someone other then the MC, that's fine..

I may not like it and that was the preview that got me wanting to play..

But I'll just take the preview image and move on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
People still hung up on this? Why can't you guys view it as her character growth.. Shaping her.

*** Edit, face palm that all you want, fact remains she was portrayed as an innocent soul and the story trope is to awake some desire/interest in her exploring her sexuality. She is insecure and thinks she is ugly, even in that event she feels undeserving of that develish womans attention because she is so pretty.
Just story plot, let it develop.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 86 Votes