johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1632758271717.png

Hi mates,

Here is the changelog for the upcoming release.
For both builds:
- Two separate builds. One VN (story mode only) and the other one will contain the sandbox/management part + Story mode, as it is intended.
- The previous update (1.4) has been proofread, again, with the help of our newest team member.
- 60 fps adult animation. With this update, I've invested more time into animations and now I have implemented adult animations that have 60 frames per second.
- Story progression. I can say it will have some shocking moments and it will mark the turning point in relation to some main of the characters.
- Fixed issues highlighted by the community.
For the sandbox build:
- More adult animations for the brothel.
- Tooltips for UI in the city view mode.
- Adjusted the time speed.
- Adding gambling to the game. This will be a new location (gambling den) where players can spend their money in hopes they can get even richer.
1632758302160.png
- Also, I will take into consideration the feedback for the monetary, in order to analyze if it's 'grinding'

Cheers,
MK

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey Mad King,
Looking forward to the upcoming update.

Just wanted to ask a question;

There are couple of instances where MC & Morrigan are given a choice in their decisions (don't remember seeing them for Morgana or Lilliana), whether it's light or dark choices (e.g. spare or kill Ava for Morrigan or revenge or forgiveness regarding Gunther for MC etc).
Will these choices eventually stack up to result in something different later depending on player choice (whether branching off to separate routes, or endings etc)?

For instance, make enough dark choices, and story goes more dark route (compared to light route if the according choices are made) etc?
Also, if the player has MC & Morrigan be neutral (in terms of light and dark spectrum i.e light decision in one instance and dark decision in another, back and forth) will that result in a neutral route?

Reactions: Ardenta

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hey Mad King,
Looking forward to the upcoming update.

Just wanted to ask a question;

There are couple of instances where MC & Morrigan are given a choice in their decisions (don't remember seeing them for Morgana or Lilliana), whether it's light or dark choices (e.g. spare or kill Ava for Morrigan or revenge or forgiveness regarding Gunther for MC etc).
Will these choices eventually stack up to result in something different later depending on player choice (whether branching off to separate routes, or endings etc)?

For instance, make enough dark choices, and story goes more dark route (compared to light route if the according choices are made) etc?
Also, if the player has MC & Morrigan be neutral (in terms of light and dark spectrum i.e light decision in one instance and dark decision in another, back and forth) will that result in a neutral route?

Hey there,

Yes. All the important decisions will have an impact on the game. This is meant to set the base grounds for MC's moral alignment and for other main characters. On another note, I am trying not to define what is evil or good in-game, because I don't want players to be influenced by my moral standards but by their own moral standards. So having that in mind, I will be trying to implement a story that is going to have black, grey, and white zones, according to the player.

Last edited:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
This probably as been answered somewhere, but does the sandbox changes the story/dialogues in the main story line in any way? Or does it just assume you're one badass awesome king doing everything right? Or does it have any extra scenes with the main characters? Because otherwise I'll just play the VN version.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
This probably as been answered somewhere, but does the sandbox changes the story/dialogues in the main story line in any way? Or does it just assume you're one badass awesome king doing everything right? Or does it have any extra scenes with the main characters? Because otherwise I'll just play the VN version.
Hey mate,
Actually, the story is going to influence a part of the sandbox and the rest are going to be influenced by your actions/decisions made within it. These decisions/actions will unlock certain things for future progress in the sandbox. Plus many other features that we are going to implement.

Reactions: Allan Trumbull

SimplyMo

Sep 15, 2018
need some help with this sandbox part, i don't have any expenses yet sometime all my gold coins disappear, why is that ? also is happiness capped at 100 ?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
How is the sandbox mechanic in this game work? Is there any grind? I don't like game where you have to go to sleep everyday, shower, eat...etc and travel around the map to trigger events. That sort of thing.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
How is the sandbox mechanic in this game work? Is there any grind? I don't like game where you have to go to sleep everyday, shower, eat...etc and travel around the map to trigger events. That sort of thing.
Sandbox is still in its early stages.
We'll find out more with the upcoming update (and I'd assume Mad King will continue to tinker with it through couple more updates until he's 100% satisfied with it).

Reactions: NukaCola

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Sandbox is for kingdom mangament only. (Main) story is all VN and kingdom mangament is separat from it and has none influence on the story so far.
For the rest I agree with JJJ84.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Sandbox is for kingdom mangament only. (Main) story is all VN and kingdom mangament is separat from it and has none influence on the story so far.
For the rest I agree with JJJ84.
That is good to know. Sandbox games is usually limited on player choice story wise and I don't like that.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
That is good to know. Sandbox games is usually limited on player choice story wise and I don't like that.
If I'm remembering correctly, the dev said that there will be option to skip sandbox (for those who are not keen on that aspect and just want the VN only).

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
If I'm remembering correctly, the dev said that there will be option to skip sandbox (for those who are not keen on that aspect and just want the VN only).
IIRC, it will be a separate build. Not sure if that's changed at all or not.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1635675128056.png

Hi mates,

Happy Halloween! I hope you will enjoy this wallpaper with a few vampire vibes.

About the update, the developer is working on his part to deliver the final build for the release. He projects to give the build to me the following days of the next week. There is bit of a huge chunk of code that he has to implement with the final part I delivered but should be done with no issues.

Thank you for your patience and I hope today you will get a visit from Mrs. D.

Jul 17, 2020
why does the timeline seem inconsistent, it seems like there are flashbacks and time skips at random points and they aren't declared by saying [X] [Time] ago/ or [X] [Time] later particullary the jump from when morigan goes psyco on ava /immediately cutting to the merc trying to kill MC and morrigan impaling mercs head

nvm it throws you into a flashback without being announced as one kinda jarring but it's not the first time i've felt like i missed something with seemingly unannounced scene changes. i guess it is the dev's intenet to make us lose track of when is WHEN and is what happening a dream or a memory or glimpses of the future or if this whole story is just a delusion of the MC

Last edited:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I wonder if we're having any lewds in thi update :unsure: last one with Morrigan wasn't nearly enough, but things are finally progressing... I guess...

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes