RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I'm thinking of finally trying this game, but am a little confused where to start, and am not sure exactly what to type in Search. So please forgive me for being a little slow and just wanting it spelled out XD

So I see "VN" (visual novel, got it), "Original" (which I assume is sandbox?), and "Rise of the Legend 1.0 (out of scope)" (whatever that means). Now RotL has a description of "is a build that has the main story as the game from above, plus stories with side characters, that are not crucial for the main plot." Which to me suggests that it's a kind of "Extended Edition" of the game? But the file size for it is much smaller, which makes me think either I'm mistaken or it is outdated.

So as far as being a first-time player, but one who would like to try the version with the most content, which one should I play? Original or RotL? (I actually like Sandbox games if they're done well. I know. Something's very wrong with me XD)

Reactions: JohnF95zone

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
New update is here. You can play management and story mode as the dev intended OR you can just go through the VN with no grind.
What's the difference between Original and Rise of the Legend though? The description for RotL makes it sound more expansive with extra content, but the file size is smaller than Original. So I'm a bit confused on that.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
What's the difference between Original and Rise of the Legend though? The description for RotL makes it sound more expansive with extra content, but the file size is smaller than Original. So I'm a bit confused on that.
RotL is outdated. It was the main game + extra side stories. So either use the VN or VN + sandboy version (Original).

Reactions: RabidSloth

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Rise of the Legend is the background story for the events started and developed on VIS. In a previous version, RotL was included in a complete VIS RotL which today would be a really heavy download.
As I understand it (dev made patreon changelog public) Original is the complete game including management activities (brothel for example) and VN it's just the main story wothout management (no brothel scenes, for example...).

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Rise of the Legend is the background story for the events started and developed on VIS.
Interesting. So is RotL now a prologue of sorts that could/should be played before the main game, or is everything now included and implemented in the Original? I also see Vis: Origins, but I get the impression that maybe it'd be best to play the main game first before that one.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Interesting. So is RotL now a prologue of sorts that could/should be played before the main game, or is everything now included and implemented in the Original? I also see Vis: Origins, but I get the impression that maybe it'd be best to play the main game first before that one.
The "prologue" part I think was ported to VIS Origins and refined there. I can't tell you exactly because I played RotL way back and felt no need to go again. Perhaps I'll do it this time... But you can start there as it sheds light to characters and events you'll see in VIS. One doesn't exclude the other.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Hi mates,

If you experience bugs with the sandbox build, the dev is working on a fix and I will update it here as well. The game leaked faster than I anticipated.
Does this include all the crashes after loading a 1.4 save? basically navigating anywhere or opening anything gives errors at the moment..

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes