• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
If I play the VN mode, do I miss out some of the content?
As far as I can tell, at the moment you only miss out on tediously "skipping through time to accumulate resources" in order to build your kingdom. In a sense it does give little hints or fills in blanks I guess for the story as you develop it and make decisions on how to rule.. without getting too much into spoilers here, story wise you won't miss out on much so far though I am unsure if the development of the brothel and a scene there is available in the VN, it is in the sandbox but you don't really miss out on much if it isn't

Reactions: Boldano

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
It saddens me to know a game I actually waited to see their updates has come this way. The story is very unique and I really like Dev's style, but a Dev should never go back on his word in the name of shock value, even worse using two characters that were known to be a hope for redemption for a lot of player. By tainting the twins in such way, Dev may have tainted the game itself; being the twins death the point MC realizes he had to put his shit together, his "wake the F up" point. I still gonna admire his skills as a dev, but I don't think I can follow this game after Dev has chosen this path. Either way, best of luck.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Mad King
taking a night to think about it, i think you have a problem. you seem to keep overextending, first with the sandbox, then with NTR. all of them justified as artistic liberties. and truthfully they are, however you didn't start your product off of artistic liberty use. you started it with a rise to power story with a set premise and some promises made to your fan base and paying supporters.

so then i ask why? why do you feel compelled to take a M.night twist approach to the twins? why do you think the sandbox is so important that you didn't scrap the idea when it got far more negative feedback than positive? are you dissatisfied with your story? are you feeling burnt out and want your fan base to leave you? i think you need to ponder questions like these and make a choice. the choices i can see as a fan are pretty simple.

A) you decide that your fans are important to you. you concede that the twins coming back in this manner was... overstepping might be the right word. the reasons being you built up their back story and made them quite significant to the MC. and before this update not under false pretense either. we players didn't get enough foreshadowing for this to be properly justified. (sure their bodies were never found, however that alone isn't enough)

B) you decide your story is more important. the fans and supporters are only a bonus to you, what's really important is making the epic you have in mind. this generally comes from a place of needing to express yourself rather than anything else. and normally that's fine, but you didn't lead with that when you started your story. thus just like the twins you gave us a false pretense. you can still fallow though with your vision, but know that you'll have less reputation for misleading your fan/supporter base.

i hope you make a decision here mad king. and publicly state your direction just so we know what to expect.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod (Mod Update):
Vis [v1.6] - MultiMod Edition
View attachment 1802643

May I present another debut of SanchoMod v6!

Go get you some.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features, bells, and whistles. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information, exhaustive previews, and FAQ can be found on the mod's newly updated thread OP (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Current status: v1.6 "Sandbox" is prelim (the VN portion is complete, the freeroam isn't). "VN Only Mode" is currently v1.5 but I'll bump it up to v1.6 shortly. Post regarding this current status can be found here. Thank you in advance for your understanding. Both versions are now v1.6
Good morning. VN Only Mode is updated in the mod's thread. Now both versions (Full and VN Mode) are at SanchoMod Core v6 and game version v1.6

Now (after some other obligations are sorted this morning) I'll work on the "freeroam" portion of the Sandbox.

Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
So after reading all of the reviews, some decent others in the heat of the anger, I reflected upon my plans for the project.
It is not hard to admit that I was wrong, but given that this is the first game I ever made, I am still learning the path of game development.

1) I will renounce the sandbox build. The only reason I was doing this was to deliver what I wanted, gameplay where you had the freedom to do almost anything but given the time and the budget, it would only delay it in the long term. Maybe in the future, with better funding and assets I can create one with a different engine, using artists and focusing on the experience I want to deliver. Currently, there were some setbacks and investments bad made in improving the sandbox part.
So in order to focus all of my resources on the story, I will sacrifice the retard brother.
2) With the next update, the Morrigan boot scene will be optional.
3) I will place a trigger in-game, somewhere in the story that will make the twin's scene NTR optional.

We are learning, brothers and I am not afraid to say that I did some mistakes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mad King You do you bud, keep your chin up. I'm not even sure why there's a "VN Mode" separate base tbh, it's obvious you made it so the "sandbox" could be bypassed if desired by simply pressing the Chapters button within the sandbox. It all seemed straightforward to me if I'm being honest. Also, I haven't had the luxury of actually playing the current update but whatever drama was created within the chapter it seems that it was quite intentional and required for the story plot as planned. If that's the case then fuck it, kudos for staying on track. Take care and regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll also add (since I do know this when updating the gallery) that you folks should realize that the Morrigan boot scene plays differently if you didn't amp her "lust" and worked her "love". For what it's worth the scene that plays in SanchoMod is the "love" version. It changes some dialogue and initial images... but the mid and ending are basically the same... so take it for what it's worth if that helps.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
good shit, but one other thing Mad King . there might be a plothole in the twins being backstabbers. i'm going to play this update in VN mode to confirm. however to give you a heads up about it, it's that the twins not killing MC themselves after the other assassin failed doesn't make much sense. i mean they knew the MC for years, regardless of if they operated under false pretense to get close to him or not they SHOULD feel something for him. unless they are actual sociopaths, in which case there likely can't be a redemption arc for them. so then after betraying their childhood friend, why didn't they go to confirm his death themselves? or finishing him off if they're so unemphatic to him and want to make sure they got the job done?

keep up the good work mad king, all the tribulations come out to be learning experiences in the end.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
So after reading all of the reviews, some decent others in the heat of the anger, I reflected upon my plans for the project.
It is not hard to admit that I was wrong, but given that this is the first game I ever made, I am still learning the path of game development.

1) I will renounce the sandbox build. The only reason I was doing this was to deliver what I wanted, gameplay where you had the freedom to do almost anything but given the time and the budget, it would only delay it in the long term. Maybe in the future, with better funding and assets I can create one with a different engine, using artists and focusing on the experience I want to deliver. Currently, there were some setbacks and investments bad made in improving the sandbox part.
So in order to focus all of my resources on the story, I will sacrifice the retard brother.
2) With the next update, the Morrigan boot scene will be optional.
3) I will place a trigger in-game, somewhere in the story that will make the twin's scene NTR optional.

We are learning, brothers and I am not afraid to say that I did some mistakes.
Sandbox is not a problem to me. I prefer it over vn. I liked it. But ntr, nah nah.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
This game is an example of shitting on the patreons that were in years, poor naive people , looks like the game was sold and now has a cuckold writer, lol haha
let me ask you one question.... have you or any of the players seen the twins fuck MC's father? It was only narrated, and as we have seen already, the twins lied. they lied to MC when staging their deaths, they lied to the refugees before throwing them to the undead, they lied to the alesian soldiers when Katrina told them to avenge their king Gunther why shouldn't they lie to MC just to crush his spirit and will to fight?

Mad King keep doing what you're doing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning again.

I'm going to make a suggestion which I plan on re-emphasizing in the mod's thread:

I highly suggest every player DL and use the "Full" version of this title. Don't worry if you don't want to play or use the "Sandbox" feature as it's not required even in the full version. For simple guidance, see the pics below. To skip a particular "sandbox" freeroam simply press the Chapters button which will bring up the continue chapters selection. The only chapter you can select at this point is the first one that you haven't played yet (in other words you have to play Ch 1.5 before you can play Ch 1.6, and if you've already played Ch 1.5 you can't re-select it). I truly hope this helps some folks when deciding which version to DL and play... with or without the mod ( I don't care what or how you play, I'm only sharing my personal-use tools out of gratuity ).
Vis SM D03a.jpg Vis SM D03b.jpg
Regards,
Sancho

Mad King maybe reconsider pulling your freeroam as you suggested in post above. The choice is already there for players tbh, you took the effort to make it completely optional... basically a bonus feature. Choice is always better and you've already done the base work. This is really no different than freeroams I've worked on the largest VN's ever developed that all of the userbase knows already. Freeroam isn't "GTA", it's just a different format of linearity. But I digress, my point is to take the time to truly consider the issue as I think you did well as demonstrated above to allow a player to exit the mode anytime they wish. This is obviously only my opinion but I thought it should be mentioned.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 86 Votes