Baddman

Jan 23, 2018
Well, i have delete the game and dowload the standalone version, and redone a history. At the end when you can nivigate the castle, i trigger the scene in one room i can't reach before
<I started the game with standalone version but still I can't reach that button.

Baddman

Jan 23, 2018
Hi all,

I updated the front page of this game thread, on how players can activate ROTL edition.
Hi, thanks for the info. But there is a problem:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/unlock/handjob_morrigan_01.png'>:

Also I finished ROTL edition but I can't reach Khora scene at the end.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi, thanks for the info. But there is a problem:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/unlock/handjob_morrigan_01.png'>:

Also I finished ROTL edition but I can't reach Khora scene at the end.
I've fixed that issue and I uploaded the fixed version yesterday. I assume that you have an older version?

Baddman

Jan 23, 2018
I've fixed that issue and I uploaded the fixed version yesterday. I assume that you have an older version?
I downloaded the game yesterday and finished the game today but still can't reach that scene in the end. I will download and play again for reaching that scene. We will see what happens

EDIT '' It worked'' Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

realdp

Apr 12, 2019
CheatMod

extract and put into game folder..
on gamescreen, press red icon on bottom screen.

SS using android :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot_20200209-100530.jpg

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
wow this dev sure hates his players, not only do you have to physically write an answer it also wont accept the correct answer. the answer is clearly piano but no it doesn't work you gotta write "A piano" its even case sensitive.........

Herr4Share

Apr 1, 2017
wow this dev sure hates his players, not only do you have to physically write an answer it also wont accept the correct answer. the answer is clearly piano but no it doesn't work you gotta write "A piano" its even case sensitive.........
:rolleyes: Let's try this from an approach other than "this dev sure hates his players" and acknowledge that, as a human, there is a tendency toward oversight.

Ahem.

APD13 I don't know if Ren'Py uses an array system, but if it does, you should fairly easily be able to utilize it to allow multiple answers to be true. This should free you from the inevitable complaints that will arise, both for this specific puzzle and any puzzles like it in the future.

Reactions: botc76

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
:rolleyes: Let's try this from an approach other than "this dev sure hates his players" and acknowledge that, as a human, there is a tendency toward oversight.

Ahem.

APD13 I don't know if Ren'Py uses an array system, but if it does, you should fairly easily be able to utilize it to allow multiple answers to be true. This should free you from the inevitable complaints that will arise, both for this specific puzzle and any puzzles like it in the future.
If your parsing text then regular expression is the way to go. I've only used them in Perl and C# myself but Python does support them I just don't know how well though.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
If your parsing text then regular expression is the way to go. I've only used them in Perl and C# myself but Python does support them I just don't know how well though.
Python has very good regex support in the standard library. But unless the dev is at least familiar with regex already it's unlikely it would be practical. :unsure:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Python has very good regex support in the standard library. But unless the dev is at least familiar with regex already it's unlikely it would be practical. :unsure:
If he wants only to check if the answer end with the "piano" then it could be as followed:
Python:
usr_inp = "A Piano."
usr_inp = usr_inp.lower ()
riddle = "piano"
if usr_inp.count(riddle) == 1:
    print ("Right answer")
else:
    print ("False answer")
If he want regex for more accurate checks then:
Python:
import re

pattern = '^(a )?piano.?$'
test_string = 'Piano.'
test_string = test_string.lower()
result = re.match(pattern, test_string)
if result:
    print("Search successful.")
else:
    print("Search unsuccessful.")
And, as alway, use my code at your own risk:p

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Here's my compressed version.
Vis [v0.8] [Mad King Games] - Original Size: 2.09 GB

Download Win (225MB)
: - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is this a compressed version of the regular game or of this Rise of a Legend version.

In the Op it's listed under ROTL, but in your post it isn't clear. And if it is the ROTL version, could you please make a compressed version of the regular game as well, so that fools like me can continue with our old savegames IN a compressed version?
Would be much appreciated.

Reactions: playb0y44

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It's the same as a password.
If you don't type the correct password, you do not unlock the item.
If the answer is "A piano" then "piano" being presented as an answer is incorrect, surely? Certainly incomplete.
As such, it seems a bit unreasonable to say "it won't accept the correct answer.".
Seems more as though you didn't give the correct answer?
Isn't the answer available in the walkthrough?
Edit: Not in the v6 WT I have, but easily found using the search function on this thread.

Last edited:

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.
Vis [v0.8] [Mad King Games] - Original Size: 1.95 GB

Download Win (213MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
It's the same as a password.
If you don't type the correct password, you do not unlock the item.
If the answer is "A piano" then "piano" being presented as an answer is incorrect, surely? Certainly incomplete.
As such, it seems a bit unreasonable to say "it won't accept the correct answer.".
Seems more as though you didn't give the correct answer?
Isn't the answer available in the walkthrough?
Edit: Not in the v6 WT I have, but easily found using the search function on this thread.
the point i was making is that you shouldn't have to look up a guide. and in what universe is piano not an acceptable answer there?

• Angry
Reactions: whichone and botc76
3.80 star(s) 87 Votes