philler

Mar 27, 2019
there is a riddle in the game about music instrument. Well i'm out off options I wrote all instruments with key and without keys I googled all instruments from a to z from stone age to the modern ages guess what all I get is the F...ing line NO ITS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER. hint its a music instrument yeh if I all ready didn't know that hint. I gave it up don't have the time for geussings and google anymore. It was fun untill now deleted it sorry man

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
there is a riddle in the game about music instrument. Well i'm out off options I wrote all instruments with key and without keys I googled all instruments from a to z from stone age to the modern ages guess what all I get is the F...ing line NO ITS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER. hint its a music instrument yeh if I all ready didn't know that hint. I gave it up don't have the time for geussings and google anymore. It was fun untill now deleted it sorry man
Literally 2 posts above yours...

Reactions: Qwerfy

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Yeah, that's what happens when a Dev doesn't really take the time to flesh out the story before they start developing their game. They run out of ideas for the VN and they turn it into an empty sandbox so they can spend the next year with useless updates. The same thing happened with Indecent Desires and almost happened with Luke's Way. At least the LW Dev decided to go back to the VN style. Unfortunately, he seems reluctant to actually give people the content that they want, ie the sister and mom. On a side note, this game would be sooo much better if the MC had hair! Even stubble would be better than smooth baldness ffs. Why Dev? Just why?
I didn't realise Luke's Way tried to go the sandbox route. It's been one of my favourite games to follow for a while now, simply because it's one the few that actually brings out consistent updates that actually have a decent amount of content in them. It seems to me, based on the last few updates it has been going towards the mother and sister route but it's taking the slow burn approach with them, which I don't mind to be honest. I like to have a balance of slow, and fast building relationships in harem games.

I have to say, I'm glad they didn't go with the sandbox route. I find them to be tedious most of the time and largely unnecessary most of the time, No More Secrets is a good example of this, it's sandbox in that you can walk around the house and stuff but ultimately there's only actually one thing you can do, which is progress the story. Why not just make it a linear VN?

I tend to ignore a lot of Sandbox games, though there are a few like Milfy City where the character models, personalities and relationship building is just too good to pass up.

Reactions: Soul_less327

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
So i heard rise of have bonus content, and a girl name khora ? Where do we find this content ? Finish the main story but don"t find the bonus

Reactions: Baddman

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I've have two missing image (Rise of the Legend v0.8 (Standalone build)):
blowjob_khore_pirate_01 and blowjob_khore_pirate_02

Jan 28, 2019
I find this game very interesting, and shockingly disappointing, at the same time.

The main character is actually interesting. He isn't a dumbass, he doesn't think only with his dick, he has morals, and is growing. That's a big fucking deal.
The world is interesting. You have a desire to get more into the story behind it.
The art is very nice. Not amazing, but much better than average, with nice attention to detail. The sex scenes, frankly, were a touch boring, but the girls look nice enough that it's worth it.

So, what are my cons?
1) Shit jumps all over the place. Especially early in the game, I feel like things happen, then the scene ends and you move on to the next scene, but things are happening between scenes that we're missing. It feels like dialog, scenes, or content was just cut, and you flail from moment to moment.

2) far to scripted. I feel like there is far to little choice. Being able to choose not to kill Ava is nice. Being able to tell your sister "she isn't a whore, she is a bodyguard mother is demanding I have and be trained by," would be better. Simply put, the character doesn't feel like an agent, but an actor. Everything just happens and he rolls with it, but as a player, we aren't given a chance to push back in a way that would effect the story.

3) By jumping from one scene to the next, we get caught up in very linear story telling, that is, frankly, to focused on one story element at a time. Characters come, and go, and seem lost, and we don't see them again for ages. Events happen, then pass, and we have no reason to think they're relevant, though we know future updates will show that they are. Instead of my prince just wanting to take a nap every time he has nothing to do, it'd be nice if we had options to do something, visit someone... advance different aspects of the plot at out own pace

4) the english seems wonky. it's like a 95% well done translation... it has a good flow to it, until it reaches certain ideas, and then it feels distinctly like something was tranlated wrong. Seeing as the game appears to be in english only, this is confusing.

Fushan

Donor
Respected User
Aug 12, 2016
so what is the new stuff in 0.8, loaded latest save and it ended as the last one. sorry if asked before.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
What's the difference between Rise of Legends and the standard build?
Hi all,
Rise of the legend is a parallel/distinct build that uses different save games than the original game and it has the main story + side stories. It started more as a concept for me where I can relate to some stories and if the players aren't a fan of them, they can play the original Vis campaign.

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
Hi all,
Rise of the legend is a parallel/distinct build that uses different save games than the original game and it has the main story + side stories. It started more as a concept for me where I can relate to some stories and if the players aren't a fan of them, they can play the original Vis campaign.
So Standalone means it varies a bit from the story since it is the campaign + additional content?

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
So Standalone means it varies a bit from the story since it is the campaign + additional content?
Hi,
When I wrote stand alone I meant that it doesn't depend on the savegame from the original Vis game. So if someone has played Vis that was released on f95 up until now, that savegame won't work with Rise of the legend. And to answer your question, this build (Rise of the legend) has and will have a focus on side characters as well.

Ammaccabanane

Jan 16, 2020
Hi all,
Thank you.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
What is the difference between Regular v0.8 and Rise of the Legend v0.8?
<Irony>Two have a lot of forum members to ask this question, even if it was answered on the very page itself...</ Irony>
Or that to make it easier:

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes