Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Great demo so far!
Thank you very much for your words of encouragement and the detailed feedback. We truly appreciate it!

A few things we would like to confirm in regards to your suggestions:

Really enjoyed the submissive side of Caly when you loose to the boss!

If there was some Submissive stat that increased whenever you loose that could lead to different dialogue that would be pretty cool. Like when the robots grope her she says she's not into it sometimes, but if she was submissive enough maybe she could react differently.
A sexual stat system is under heavy evaluation and there is a good chance it will be added into the game in the upcoming few updates. If our vision stays true, the implementation would be somewhere along the lines of Caly changing her attitude and responses based on her sensitivity level. For example, if she isn't turned on, she will be very professional and deadly with her approach but if she has been teased and left hanging/sexually assaulted in combat multiple times she might change her responses in anticipation of getting molested. Will the stat change be permanent or temporary, is still unknown but rest assured we intend to fully explore the effects of this system in order to make the game more unique and interesting.

But we must stress here - this is a very WIP idea. We've the concept clear on paper but until it can be made a practical reality, we'd have to put a disclaimer that dependent on engine or story limitations, this might or might not make it into the game.

Not sure if it's a bug but Caly never orgasms when the robots sexually assault her, might be nice with some arousal bar as well so you know how far away she is from orgasm. The combat felt a bit slow because of that, since it always took like 4 moves to struggle out of the restraint, didn't really want to waste ammo on it since I wasn't sure how rare it was. Maybe add a better struggling option that costs energy? I ended up avoiding most of the robots at the end instead of fighting them but maybe that's intended.
That's not a bug. It does take roughly about 7-10 turns of JUST sexual assaults for Caly to orgasm so it's very much possible that you never let the combat run that far. We might re-adjust this down the road. As for the arousal, do not worry, that's already in the works. We plan to put in a Climax Bar that will fill every time Caly gets sexually molested. This should give the player a clear idea about how far she is from an orgasm.
Finally, we've already buffed Caly a bit in the 0.21 patch and she should make short work of tin cans faster now. Eventually though, we do plan to revisit the entire combat system and add more variety elements to make it more exciting and useful rather than just feel like a time stall.

Reactions: SmilesC8

Snowbunny Mei

Aug 6, 2017
That's not a bug. It does take roughly about 7-10 turns of JUST sexual assaults for Caly to orgasm so it's very much possible that you never let the combat run that far. We might re-adjust this down the road. As for the arousal, do not worry, that's already in the works. We plan to put in a Climax Bar that will fill every time Caly gets sexually molested. This should give the player a clear idea about how far she is from an orgasm.
I'm still fairly convinced it's a bug lol, I've had Caly molested by 3 robots for 12+ turns straight. It will definetely be easier to tell with the climax bar though

Monsaic

Aug 5, 2018
Well it looked promising... but way too much text at the beginning for me... which I didn#t even fully got, cause the text auto-scrolled. So I hit enter till I got some CG graphics - which look nice, but also static. Wanted to hide the text field. Didn't find anything ended up super skipping story with STRG and SHIFT. Naturally I ended up in battle tutorial... which was promising, complex, but also had way to small graphics for the fun parts... ended up tutorial raped, and couldn't get up after the system said "just stand up"... maybe I skipped the instructions for that somewhere too... cause way too much text... gonna wait on this one, until there ist some gameplay progress and value in good looking H-Scenes.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Well it looked promising... but way too much text at the beginning for me... which I didn#t even fully got, cause the text auto-scrolled. So I hit enter till I got some CG graphics - which look nice, but also static. Wanted to hide the text field. Didn't find anything ended up super skipping story with STRG and SHIFT. Naturally I ended up in battle tutorial... which was promising, complex, but also had way to small graphics for the fun parts... ended up tutorial raped, and couldn't get up after the system said "just stand up"... maybe I skipped the instructions for that somewhere too... cause way too much text... gonna wait on this one, until there ist some gameplay progress and value in good looking H-Scenes.
Did you apply the Hotfix from the first post?
That fixes the issue with the tutorial fight.

Reactions: Monsaic

Monsaic

Aug 5, 2018
Did you apply the Hotfix from the first post?
That fixes the issue with the tutorial fight.
Nope, I normally check out the sample graphics and hit download before possibly being spoilered by the forum and stuff... that might have been helpful :p

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I'm still fairly convinced it's a bug lol, I've had Caly molested by 3 robots for 12+ turns straight. It will definetely be easier to tell with the climax bar though
We apologize, but it does seem there is an issue currently with cumming during battle as it seems to be not working as intended.
We will release an update tomorrow, with a few balancing and other quality of life changes.

Last edited:

Fake Count

Jun 4, 2017
So I just played through the entire demo (v.021) and I have some questions and suggestions.
  • Does having your suit on heal you? I seem to get a full heal sometimes if I'm running around with the suit on.
  • Add a way to use energy while restrained that takes like 5 E (or whatever half regen ends up being). This would let you get out a little bit faster, but would mean you charge less and wouldn't necessarily be ready to use an expensive attack.
  • Adding a psychic move to restore E would let you get away with having very expensive attacks E-wise.
  • EMP sucks. Duration is really long and pretty strong. I don't know if it stacks because it annoyed me too much for me to pay attention. I highly recommend showing stacks and duration if possible in some way. I've also didn't ever see this attack miss. Could be just RNG.
  • Multi-hit attacks hit for more than what is stated in the text. Also, reducing the accuracy of enemy multi-hit attacks slightly would probably help.
    • Ex: That attack didn't hit for 20 damage total for sure.
  • The defense buff from Focus Mind seems to have no effect on some attacks. The offense buff used with Powered Shot was a really nice way to start fights.
  • Is Mediate supposed to be used for anything?
  • Seeing suit health would be nice. Like maybe a number on the icon?
  • I like games with in-combat H attacks similar to this game, but the diversity seems random right now. Considering the robots are supposed to be really stupid, perhaps adding bumps/whacks to the different areas would give more diversity. Which I think would be important if the scene shown is truly random. You could also make the H attacks not just a generic version and have an H attack for deep throat, nip pinch, etc.
  • Unarmed attack having a range of one and restrain having a range of two make the former uses in most circumstances.
  • Enemies still attack when you get restrained, but also attack when you escape instead of attempting an H attack. Perhaps its just me, but this makes the flow of time in the battle odd.
  • Adding "Used for some special abilities" to perfect focus would be a nice bit of extra information.
  • Modifying items seem like they should help combat quite a bit.
  • Adding colored variants of the robots that have different abilities and/or roles would make combat less bland.
  • Can suit repair kits drop?
  • The really long defeat scenes are pretty nice. It would suck if people were to miss them. Perhaps you should prepare for a gallery and make those scenes available after you pass their availability?
  • Is there a way to hide the text box akin to Renpy games? Would make it easier to enjoy the scenes!
I hope this text dump of questions and suggestions is helpful! I enjoyed the demo and look forward to where this game goes!

Reactions: Cursed Atelier

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Thank you for your feedback! Allow us to answer your queries in the same order as you posted.

• Caly indeed has an inbuilt partial healing system in her suit that activates after she walks around 10 paces or so after the combat ends. The initial idea behind this system was to give players a sort of self restoration functionality since one would never hope to find any healing items for a biological in a place filled with non-biological. Heck you wouldn't inject anything in your body that you randomly found anywhere even if it says "medicine" on it. It's too much of a blind risk. For the alpha though, we did give more leeway and allowed medikits to drop randomly from fights but their is a good chance that will not make into the final cut.
  • This is what Improved Struggle does, though you do pay with your ammo count. The idea is for Caly to use her ammo as a close range detonation device to immediately make the enemy shrug away and become wary of Caly's unpredictability. Still, feedback noted and we'll evaluate doing something with her Energy bar as well.
  • Feedback noted.
  • EMP is designed to interfere with Caly's weapons and thus does end up putting her at a disadvantage. The skill does not stack but sticks around for a while. You do however have access to "Focus Mind" that will immediately knock off that debuff. However, we'll keep working to make the skill and description more clear.
  • Feedback noted.
  • Feedback notes.
  • Meditate has twin use. It's a type of pseudo heal that also has a medium chance of knocking "Blinded" debuff off Caly.
  • It's already in the works. If all goes according to plan, a stat system would be in place soon.
  • Feedback noted.
  • Feedback noted.
  • This is intentional. If we allow the enemies to continue hammering away at Caly with sexual attacks, the first thing they will always do is restrain her as that triggers the flow of their sexual assaults. If Caly manages to free herself, the bots will immediately restrain her again and pretty much lock the player in a continuous chains of submission. This might sound nice when you're in the mood to lewd Caly but is going to quickly become irritating if you're just trying to finish the fight to move on. In short, once Caly frees herself, the bots will try to wear her down to weaken her before they attempt restraining/sexually attacking her again.
  • Feedback noted.
  • They do. However they're disabled for now until we've a good combat balance in place.
  • Feedback noted.
  • Very very rarely.
  • It's already in the works though low priority atm since we're still working to create a rich assortment of these kind of scenes first.
  • It's already in the works and high priority! We should have something like that in place soon. We also have a dialogue log system under development that will allow the player to scroll through old dialogues just like in a VN.

Thank you again for your feedback and opinion. We sincerely ask for your patience!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Really amazing game.

Graphics are fantastic.
The scenes are described nicely.
Story is interesting. However, first person naration with pictures always starts this small voice in my head:

*freeze frame, record scratch* "Yep. That's me: 'Caly'. Restrained by metal, floating naked in a tank of unknown liquid, on an alien spaceship. You may ask yourself how I ended up in this situation..."

That is my problem though. In books first person narator is ok.

Puzzles are the usual suspects.

Pacing during combat ("Robot x tried to rip Calys clothes") was extremely well done.
I cheated for the combat because people said it was slow and there were a trillion robots. I guess you need to find a way to make combat not too repetitive. Basically win fast but also be able to lose slowly. Maybe increase her damage / reduce robot hit points and make the robot restrain attack happen less often but more effective via decreasing struggle efficiency. Difficult question. Anyway if you have a problem with gameplay just copy "Heroes of Might & Magic III" and you will be fine.

• Love

H.ERO

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
does this game will have multiple endings? and also have many Defeat/GameOver Hscene? if yes i am glad because i like it

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
does this game will have multiple endings? and also have many Defeat/GameOver Hscene? if yes i am glad because i like it
Sadly the story is still in its infancy so we can't give you a clear "Oh it will happen for sure!" answer. But rest assured, varied endings is definitely planned. Dependent on her decisions, things may branch out to different outcomes so it makes sense to have that system in place and we'll definitely pursue it. Will there be many defeat/game over scenes? That's a tricky one sadly. A lot of folks don't like to restart games because a combat went wrong and they hadn't saved in a while. We'll definitely consider it, but for now it's not on the priority plate.

Reactions: H.ERO

H.ERO

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sadly the story is still in its infancy so we can't give you a clear "Oh it will happen for sure!" answer. But rest assured, varied endings is definitely planned. Dependent on her decisions, things may branch out to different outcomes so it makes sense to have that system in place and we'll definitely pursue it. Will there be many defeat/game over scenes? That's a tricky one sadly. A lot of folks don't like to restart games because a combat went wrong and they hadn't saved in a while. We'll definitely consider it, but for now it's not on the priority plate.
well your could add a options to make player go straight to battle again and skip Text or scenes if they lose, some or many people like myself do Very like Bad Endings and GameOver Hscene lol

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
This game is a masterpiece at work.

Art is amazing and scenes are extremely well done in both the CG and in battle, combat is also very good, has great diversity and is enjoyable.

Story is also well written, new and original.

The puzzles are also well executed, not too hard but also not too easy.

Not sure if its intentional, tho during combat when the enemies make Caly orgasm and you do not choose the "get up" option the enemies will only strip her and not do anything else.

Overall, love this project. In my opinion this has the potential to be one of the best games ever made :)

• Love

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
well your could add a options to make player go straight to battle again and skip Text or scenes if they lose, some or many people like myself do Very like Bad Endings and GameOver Hscene lol
I'm sorry to inform you but, "very bad endings" is not planned at all. We have no intention of making Caly a tragedy heroine. As for "game over", we want to keep the game mechanics logical and immediately being thrown into the same combat after losing doesn't feel right to us at all. However, we're evaluating a variety of unique and extended H scenes that will trigger based on the circumstances of Caly's defeat. We won't put out any details out yet but rest assured, you will definitely get to bite into new content when Caly gets bested.

Not sure if its intentional, tho during combat when the enemies make Caly orgasm and you do not choose the "get up" option the enemies will only strip her and not do anything else.
Thank you for your glowing review. We do appreciate it! As for the immunity when Caly is on the ground, that's intentional. The idea is for the player to get comfortable with the game and take a moment to strategize their next skill que in order to find the best combo possible to defeat enemies.

Kisoma

Jan 10, 2020
Okay so I just tried this game. I'm very impressed, and I love the first person perspective way more than I thought.

Art is REALLY good but I wish the combat images were a bit bigger~ (specially the status one).

I really like how bondage-oriented the defeats were, as someone who really enjoys tentacles, bondage, robots, sex toys and the like I really liked the final boss "restraints" as well as the normal enemies doing so. I hope to see more of this type of content. The final battle against the boss in the lose scene was really, really good. I really liked seeing Caly like that!

This game surprised me a lot and I hope to see more of it, best of luck in the future!

• Love

kronoblast

Nov 18, 2017
cant do anything scept stare at the title. says typeerror:this._canvasClearWindowRect is not a function.
1578805244576.png
is this just me or is it a coding bug of some sort?

• Thinking Face
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes