Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

Hi, I finally have some good news for you today. I've been testing a part of the upcoming update today and I plan to give it to our tester on Wednesday. All this means that we've finally started working on the code in a steady pace. The final size of the update will be clearer once the code progresses further, since there is a lot of content waiting to be added into the game at this moment. It is also necessary to rework some mechanics and fix some bugs, without that we probably would have been ready to release the game. We'll try to keep a balance between adding content and tweaking some mechanics. Either way, I hope you will be satisfied with the update. And it will be released this month.
I'll give you more specific details once we have the main part of the update coded into the game, soon after that we'll start working on the combat system, different mechanics and downsides of 0.1 version. We have a certain date in mind and we're striving to get the job done by that date

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

The main part of the code for adding new content is finished. Next we'll work on the interface, combat system and other small things. This is something that should be done, we can't keep postponing it. However, now when the main part of the code is done, I can't help but feel relieved. There's still a lot of work ahead of us but we're getting closer and closer to release and it's great.
Our plans include:
- Rework of combat system. Adding critical hit, rework of balance and new monsters
- Let the armourer sell armour in addition to weapons
- If possible, add a new font system
- Other small interface improvements
Thank you all for your interest in our games.

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
games stops after several days even if you didn't do anything but hunting
if you try for exploration you run out of money
very weird design choice

Reactions: luisar018

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

Sometime between 15-16 July we will release the beta version for 20+$ patrons Testing period will last about 2-3 days. There are a lot of changes in mechanics which can result in bugs. We need to get some feedback and fix any reported bugs. On July 18-19 will be a release for 10$ patrons. All dates are approximate but we will try to stick with them.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

A game version for testing is out for 20$+. Next release dates depend on the testing results. We've been tracking bugs for a long time and some of them were really hard to fix. We hope there are no critical bugs left in the game. Some problems with translation will be fixed later, we're still working on it.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah, reported it hours ago but not happened yet so lets wait on! :geek:
But now we try immediately this new version ... I wait also for some your feedback... because the first release was really promising , but it lacked contents ( how normal it was for a first release )...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Pretty girls run rampant here already. I still find it funny how we suppose to be a tough guy but we barely able to handle two peasant thug. Ohwell, we hopefully will grow up.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What back alley washed up version did you play?

MC has to keep killin' all the ghouls for money and story progression.

Are you stuck at the inn with no money and no story?

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Seems as if Novel is going completely bonkers over the leaked beta version.

Dear patrons,
We finally have a person who doesn't hold back and leaks the testing build. I have always said that if the testing build is leaked, I'll stop releasing them completely. However, some person registered on Patreon, downloaded the build and deleted his account right afterwards (I didn't even have to ban him). I hope you'll properly thank the hero. Now, what I have to say about all this:
1) Reward for 20$+ tier "Early Access" has been deleted. Me and some of our eldest patrons have been testing the 0.2 update and that's pretty much what we've been doing all week. From now on we'll have to test it for at least 2 weeks.
2) No feedback will be answered/taken anymore, save for the feedback left on our Patreon/Discord. All your wishes, suggestions, bug reports should be left on the official channels.
3) No more public posts on Patreon (only Patreon posts from now on)
4) New events or some other new content for ToML won't be released. I might disappoint somebody now but it's my decision. Yes, it's mostly caused by my disappointment in people and my tiredness. ToML wasn't about money, it was about desire to share my art. I know perfectly well that I might lose some patrons right now and it doesn't matter because the only thing that it will affect is how soon new CoTV update will be released. And only that.
Money were always second for me. I promised to bring you an alternative ending for Alanna, the one you've been asking for, and I fulfilled my promise. I have some other ideas and I might develop them one day but they won't be released publicly for everyone to play. I've always wanted to make ToML as good as possible because it's my game! And if someone wants to lecture me about how to run a business, save your breath. This isn't a business for me.
P.S. It's funny but the 10$+ tier build(which can be called an official release) was to be released today. Had the guy waited a little, none of this would have happened...

I get that he is angry, but this seems like an reaction that will hurt him more than anybody else.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
But now we try immediately this new version ... I wait also for some your feedback... because the first release was really promising , but it lacked contents ( how normal it was for a first release )...
Well, i can't recall what was in the firs release and what was not, but here is what i can tell.
Sex with two out of three (no selectable poses) prostitutes.
Handjob from bathhouse girl. Footjob locked behind paywall for now.
Beside ghouls we can combat swam beasts, reptiles, bear and a pesky goblin that beats the shit out of us if we meet him early. And some thugs in the city.
Few voyeour scenes, catching a whore serving clients in the streets.
Catch a thief at night only to let her go.
Progress with the tavern wench if you keep tipping her which will lead to.. nowhere. She'll cost 80 but scene not implemented yet.
Kill lots of reptiles sidequests.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Seems as if Novel is going completely bonkers over the leaked beta version.

I get that he is angry, but this seems like an reaction that will hurt him more than anybody else.
I can understand him , especially because like he wrote , today it would be release the 10 $ Triers. so i din't see all this hurry especially from a Platinum Patrons to leak this version here or in other sites ...
But more a Developer never wants that a Beta version can be leaked , but he always prefer to share the next version that it's usually with less bugs.
I'm sorry because Novel is really a good guy always available and nice , that makes his works not for money abut only for his joy to show and share his Art. So It's normal for him to feel betrayed and this reaction especially if who make it completely broke his trust...
I hope he will change is mind in next days , because like you correctly wrote , this reaction it will hurt him more the other people :(:(

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
''

We finally have a person who doesn't hold back and leaks the testing build. I have always said that if the testing build is leaked, I'll stop releasing them completely. However, some person registered on Patreon, downloaded the build and deleted his account right afterwards (I didn't even have to ban him). I hope you'll properly thank the hero. Now, what I have to say about all this:

1) Reward for 20$+ tier "Early Access" has been deleted. Me and some of our eldest patrons have been testing the 0.2 update and that's pretty much what we've been doing all week. From now on we'll have to test it for at least 2 weeks.

2) No feedback will be answered/taken anymore, save for the feedback left on our Patreon/Discord. All your wishes, suggestions, bug reports should be left on the official channels.

3) No more public posts on Patreon (only Patreon posts from now on)

4) New events or some other new content for ToML won't be released. I might disappoint somebody now but it's my decision. Yes, it's mostly caused by my disappointment in people and my tiredness. ToML wasn't about money, it was about desire to share my art. I know perfectly well that I might lose some patrons right now and it doesn't matter because the only thing that it will affect is how soon new CoTV update will be released. And only that.

Money were always second for me. I promised to bring you an alternative ending for Alanna, the one you've been asking for, and I fulfilled my promise. I have some other ideas and I might develop them one day but they won't be released publicly for everyone to play. I've always wanted to make ToML as good as possible because it's my game! And if someone wants to lecture me about how to run a business, save your breath. This isn't a business for me.

P.S. It's funny but the 10$+ tier build(which can be called an official release) was to be released today. Had the guy waited a little, none of this would have happened...''

This is from their Patreon page. Stupid leakers...

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes