Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

At the moment for 0.2 is ready:
- Two events with Ilga, her house and option to talk to her in it (this branch is currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- Four new main story events (currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- Expansion of the brothel house (currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- Expansion of available activities in the bathhouse (currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- New events in the tavern
- New monsters and bandits
- New sandbox elements
Overall we have about 310 renders and two animations. I can't say anything specific about the amount of text because it's split into blocks. I'll tell you the exact amount once we put it in the code. So, we have enough of content to make an update but our coder is currently working on his own project (More about this project in our last news post). I write this post before the end of the month to make sure that no one feels scammed and if you aren't okay with the delay, you can stop supporting us ( I'd have written this post sooner but I couldn't because I was away on a business trip)
To those who will decide to remain with us, I can say that we'll keep working on new content. The delay in coding department doesn't stop me from making new renders and so you can expect the next update to be big. Once our coder will be able to get to work, we agreed that he'd implement all the new content first so we can roll out update and only then he'd start working on adding/reworking old mechanics in the game. That will allow us to deliver the new update to you ASAP. Reworking will take place later.
Thank you all for your support.
All the best, Novel.

My personal compliments at Novel for this Deviant's Art

View attachment 313667
great news :D ; i am looking for this release :cool:, ty for the information (y)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Easy difficulty game:
1) I combined the types of strokes according to the hint.
2) I used a standard punch.

I wasn't even nearly hurt.
?????????
....4 fights in a row I won the battle, the standard blow, almost no damage.
... which hint ?

On Easy I did not get any scratch. Thats no fun.

On medium I survived about 5 times in a row (trying different types of attacks), but was always wounded more than 50%.
Never tried on expert, why should I.

Where I am stuck is: How to earn money with this assignment at the armourer (150). Spent my money for having a bed, training my strength until 15/15, which means an upgrade from strenght 10 to 11. But still, at the armourer it is said that I am not strong enough. I don't get any assignment to earn money.

Or did I miss anything else to earn money.
Or should I just stick to Easy : (

Reactions: luisar018

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
... which hint ?

On Easy I did not get any scratch. Thats no fun.

On medium I survived about 5 times in a row (trying different types of attacks), but was always wounded more than 50%.
Never tried on expert, why should I.

Where I am stuck is: How to earn money with this assignment at the armourer (150). Spent my money for having a bed, training my strength until 15/15, which means an upgrade from strenght 10 to 11. But still, at the armourer it is said that I am not strong enough. I don't get any assignment to earn money.

Or did I miss anything else to earn money.
Or should I just stick to Easy : (
Kill monsters and hand over parts to the pharmacist. Other tasks are disabled for now.

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
OK thanks, will try.
Nobody had this problem?
What's the problem? There are no ways to make money except killing monsters at the moment. Gunsmith is disabled in version 0.1. It's not necessary.
Version 0.1 only shows future mechanics.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
What's the problem? There are no ways to make money except killing monsters at the moment. ...
Oh sorry for misunderstanding. Thanks to your great help, I did not have any problem anymore.
I only wanted to ask other players, if some of them were also such dump like me (or such unlucky like me) to not find any monsters in the wood (I did not try hard enough, because I did not know that there should be some).

OK now I got it. Had a playthrough with all content (I guess). Thanks to remedies I had 2 fights a day, got tons of experience. Died only once (medium difficulty - reloading). Without reloading medium seems quite difficult, one has to be really lucky.

Fighting strategy was simple: If there are 2 or 3 enemies, then only fight defensively and hope for couterstrikes. MC gets minimally hurt and has 3 chances to hit every turn. If there is only 1 enemy, then "feint", highest chance to hit. Rage if possible.

Honestly, this game is one of my all-time favourites now, and for a 0.1 there is a lot of content in highest quality, a thrilling story, very atmospheric (medieval), fine supporting music. Nothing missing imo.
Also helpful devs (worth to support them!)

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I want to mention, that this game has the "best looking man ever" (no, I am not into men). Women are looking very good of course (like in any other game, at least in those which I like). But men mostly are pale, inexpressive or even yakuza-like (jap. mafia). This Forlan is really someone! He is a real hero.

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I want to mention, that this game has the "best looking man ever" (no, I am not into men). Women are looking very good of course (like in any other game, at least in those which I like). But men mostly are pale, inexpressive or even yakuza-like (jap. mafia). This Forlan is really someone! He is a real hero.
I'm glad to hear that you like it too ;)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
As a learned statistician I wanted to find out which kind of attacks are best. Did some intense experimental series of combats (loading 50 times the same situation with 2 undead monsters). For a valid proof, 50 may not be enough, but it shows clear tendencies.

OK as I guessed already earlier, defensive stance is the most efficient and most secure way to win. Average points left for hero: 36

With feint I was totally wrong. Average: 19 (may be it should be fixed?)

Attack and Power Attack are about the same: Average 32

The difference between 32 and 36 does not look much, but the advantage of defensive is the security ("disadvantage" is, battles last longer).

I counted the cases, when the points were over 35, and when they were below 20, and the cases, when the MC dies (0). With more than 35, one can have a second battle on the same day. With 35 or less one needs a small remedy to add 25 hp.

Below 20 one needs 2 of these remedies. And to die is worst case of course.

Defensive had 60% above 35 points (saving a lot of remedies!), and never fell below 20, not to mention dying. In this way, it is a most possible sure way to win.

Attack and power attack (counted together) have only 52% above 35 points, but 15% below 20 (close to death!), and 4% (one out of 27) zero (death). So it is quite risky to play this way.

As soon as there is only one enemy left, I switched from defensive to attack. In the last tries I did not even use feint when the enemy had only 4 points left or less, because I guess feint is somehow broken (too little chance to hit).

Rage also seems broken. The first time it is used in a battle, calculation is correct, but after that, the point subtraction from the enemies hp is too little.

Hope you liked the analysis, and you can make a good use from it. (Sorry, english is not my mother tongue).

EDIT: I found out, that one can leave the battlefield any time, without being prevented at all, taking no damage through this, just leaving and going to bedroom (or - if it is not such late - take a remedy or two and have another fight). This takes out the risk to die in a battle to almost 100% (you should leave as soon as you have less than 20hp !)

Last edited:

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
English isn't my native language too : ) I'll see to it that our coder gets your analysis. However, our combat system is subject to changes. We probably will add new effects to enemy's attacks, such as stun, bleeding and etc.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
OK folks, did some more research. Beside the fact, that you can leave battlefield to avoid death (see Edit above), I found out some useful things.

(Btw. if someone reloads after dying anyway, he may not care about to die or not to die, but this is imo just fooling around, not seriously playing the game.)

With 10 more tries, I got better validation for the dates:
Defensive stance got even better: 37
Attack is 31 now, while Power Attack came down to 29. Feint stayed at 19.

I should add that I switched over from defensive stance to attack, when the weaker enemy was down to 12hp. This makes sure that you take out one enemy as soon as possible and do not get hits from 2 sides within one turn any more.

Now I was interested, how many damage I can do with one hit. And how often do I miss to do some damage. And how much damage I get myself.

Last thing is most important, because one should know when to leave the battlefield: Average damage I got was 16. Once I got a critical damage of 18, but I am afraid that critical damages above 20 are possible. So to be sure, one should leave with less than 25 already (or even <30?).

Feint is the attack with highest percentage of missing (41%!). This should not be. Only 6 damage when hit an enemy is ok, but then the missing percentage should be much lower as with other attacks (like it is written in the hints).

When I compared attack and power attack, damage was 14 vs. 16. This was to expect. But chance to miss (making 0 damage) was 32% vs. 18%. That was not to be expected at all. To keep the balance, power attack should have a higher missing chance than simple attack. But may be the tries I did were just too few to have enough significance. (Anyone likes to do some of research too? I would welcome any validating or falsification of the results. And of course, the devs will too).

Now coming to rage: Missing chance is low with 10% (although, in the long run, I would not bet on this). When hitting, average is high as 27 (critical hit even 38). This means, as soon as you are able to use "rage", use it: Either on the weaker one, if his hp are >25, otherwise on the stronger one.

Of course one concentrates on taking one of the enemies totally out before attacking the other one. There are only few exceptions.

One little disadvantage of defensive stance (besides longer battles) is the fact, that you cannot concentrate on taking one enemy out quickly. So may be optimal strategy is to start with some power attacks and a rage attack always on the same opponent.
If you receive damage, switch over to defensive stance (plus rage, if possible). When the weakest opp is at <12hp, go back to power attack (plus rage).

Against 3 opponents, I would recommend to use defensive stance until first opp. is out.

Last edited:

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Feint is the attack with highest percentage of missing (41%!). - This is wrong.
These zombies is a bad target for your reseach. They are not "average" enemy. Their dexterity is low, but physical defence
is high. In this game there are two layer of the defence. First, the chance to hit. Second, the chance to break through armor (physical defence). So everything is more complicated than it seems. In any case, the mechanics of the combat system will be redone to the next versions. The current combat system can be viewed as a "demo". That is, the opportunity to show you how the battles will look like.
For tests thank you. Tests always help. I don't have much time to check it out.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... These zombies is a bad target for your reseach. They are not "average" enemy.
So I should have done the research with the bandits :(
And differentiate between "missing" and "no damage" or "not get through armor".

Anyway it is good to know how to fight different enemies with adequate attacks (according to their weaknesses).

However, our combat system is subject to changes. We probably will add new effects to enemy's attacks, such as stun, bleeding and etc.
Good to know. Looking forward for the new effects. Will make further research after new update.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Anyway it is good to know how to fight different enemies with adequate attacks (according to their weaknesses).
Of course.(y)
Did you plan to give some overview about the dates of the opponents, when they show up. Something like strength, agility, magic power... (like the ones we can see when we look at the dates of the MC).
Even guesses would help (like agility =5 +-2). This would be a big help in strategies for battles.

Last edited:
Reactions: luisar018
3.70 star(s) 34 Votes