Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Is the hero (Forlan) really that inept at sword work? Can't beat the two peasants at the start as I missed 12 out of 13 swings and got clubbed and stabbed...really? Is the RNG that screwy on expert level? Might as well avoid all fights then...

Yup - just tried again and it's even worse - he's the world's worst mercenary...serious rage quit on this game - not fighting in this one...

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
The game was pleasantly surprised: good graphics, a clear and adequate plot, was a big and pleasant surprise, having a choice of difficulty level that I had never seen before in such games.
Yes, old-style fonts are very upsetting; I hope that the author will add an easily readable font.

ArnoNym

Jun 27, 2017
How to use them?
Go to the game's installation directory and further to
..\renpy\common

There you will find a file named
00console.rpy

Edit the file with notepad, wordpad or the text editor of your choice

Search for the line
config.console = False

Replace False with True - the line should now read
config.console = True

Close and SAVE the file 00console.rpy again

Now you can start the game and open the command line interface pressing
Shift+O
at the same time. You should now see a cursor prompt and can enter above cheat codes, e. g.
pc.bab = 5000

Then enter
quit
to close the command line console and continue with your game! Have fun :)

Zingerelli

Feb 9, 2018
Go to the game's installation directory and further to
..\renpy\common

There you will find a file named
00console.rpy

Edit the file with notepad, wordpad or the text editor of your choice

Search for the line
config.console = False

Replace False with True - the line should now read
config.console = True

Close and SAVE the file 00console.rpy again

Now you can start the game and open the command line interface pressing
Shift+O
at the same time. You should now see a cursor prompt and can enter above cheat codes, e. g.
pc.bab = 5000

Then enter
quit
to close the command line console and continue with your game! Have fun :)
Thanks a lot

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
From Patreon's Novel Page : Answers to players question

The public version is finally out and we can sum up the results. This post will have information for both patrons and followers. We decided to make one big post instead of making two small posts.
Having analyzed and reviewed the adequate part of comments, I singled out questions that need answering:
1) Main story, characters.
Developers’ answer:
a) There is a story. The main story and side quests (including characters’ branches and events with them). There wasn’t much of a story in the 0.1 release since we had a lot of other stuff to do and we did it. You need time to create content. The more content, the more time it takes to produce it.
b) Well-designed and interesting characters will be steadily introduced to the game with slow development of their personality. At the moment we’ve shown only one story character and his personality is yet to be revealed.
CoTV is a story-oriented RPG in a fantasy open world. This means that main story is still our top-priority.
2) The game is small…
Developers’ answer:
0.1 CoTV version – 16k words, 350 renders and 2 animations (started working 11.03 and finished 20.04)
0.3 ToML:

0.4 ToML:

I think it’s clear enough for anyone who can read. And I haven’t mentioned the difference in complexity of creating an RPG and a VN. It took us three days to make the interface for the game and it was harder than you think.
In addition to that, our speed of releasing new updates is affected by the fact that our coder has his own game to work on: . This cooperation has its pros and cons.
- On the plus side, he’s a skilled coder who knows a lot about game design and coding.
- On the downside, we miss deadlines from time to time.
Right now, we’ve reached our maximum productivity and we can’t work faster without compromising the quality.
3) Problems with English translation.
Developers’ answer:
The whole translation thing was like a bad show… Looks like there are people who don’t know that English isn’t the only language people talk in.
We acknowledged the problem and accepted help from a few native speakers. In that regard, we’d like to ask our patrons what they really think about current English version of the game.
It’s a shame that English players won’t be able to see the writing skills of our new writer. We can only hope that native speakers will help us fix the problem. Our total income won’t be enough to cover the costs of hiring a professional translator.
4) Grind.
Developers’ answer:
Characters in the game are divided into main-story characters and side ones. There will be little to no grind with the main characters (there basically won’t be any grind with them). The way you interact with them and progress the main storyline will be similar to ToML (by means of making key decisions)
As for side characters, there will be some grind with them but I’m not planning on overdoing it. I don’t love grind in games and for people like me, we have easy difficulty in our game which will make your experience more enjoyable.
5) Time limit.
Developers’ answer:
People never cease to amaze me… mostly in a bad way. I never thought I’d have to explain why have this limit. I remind you, CoTV is a story-oriented RPG. Since we have story (and content) only for the first 7 days, we turned off the option to play further to save you from running around locations looking for non-existent content. You shouldn’t have any trouble seeing all content in the first seven days. Moreover, the engine of the game is still being tweaked and saves you make after the prologue won’t be compatible.
6) Combat system.
Developers’ answer:
I've only seen a few comments saying that they couldn't get past the first fight with the peasants. It's good that there's been only a few of such comments. Still, I wonder if anyone else had problems with that fight? If you did, you can always switch to easy difficulty. This is a prologue and this fight can help you decide whether you want to stick with your with chosen difficulty or change it. On easy difficulty you don't even need to think about choosing the right type of attack, you just left click enemies to the death while they basically deal zero damage in return. This level of difficulty was made for people like me, the casual players. However, I have no troubles with that fight even on medium difficulty, even though enemies can hit me pretty badly sometimes. Keep in mind that fights will get more difficult over time, so you best play on easy difficulty.
Overall, I knew perfectly well that with a change of setting and game genre there would be losses. We knew what we were getting into but the creative process of creating the game is more important to us than income.

Thank you for your support. Goodbye everyone and enjoy the game.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

At the moment for 0.2 is ready:
- Two events with Ilga, her house and option to talk to her in it (this branch is currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- Four new main story events (currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- Expansion of the brothel house (currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- Expansion of available activities in the bathhouse (currently finished for the 0.2 update)
- New events in the tavern
- New monsters and bandits
- New sandbox elements
Overall we have about 310 renders and two animations. I can't say anything specific about the amount of text because it's split into blocks. I'll tell you the exact amount once we put it in the code. So, we have enough of content to make an update but our coder is currently working on his own project (More about this project in our last news post). I write this post before the end of the month to make sure that no one feels scammed and if you aren't okay with the delay, you can stop supporting us ( I'd have written this post sooner but I couldn't because I was away on a business trip)
To those who will decide to remain with us, I can say that we'll keep working on new content. The delay in coding department doesn't stop me from making new renders and so you can expect the next update to be big. Once our coder will be able to get to work, we agreed that he'd implement all the new content first so we can roll out update and only then he'd start working on adding/reworking old mechanics in the game. That will allow us to deliver the new update to you ASAP. Reworking will take place later.
Thank you all for your support.
All the best, Novel.

My personal compliments at Novel for this Deviant's Art

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 35 Votes