Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Is it possible to change character name... at least my own... thank you :p
it is, though not in the game, yet by a bit of additional tweaking.
here, try this attached file.
open it with text editor and change "WHATEVER" to, well, whatever you want
save it, and put the modified file into GAME/game/

start the game.
note: in 99.9% cases it should work as intended (rare exceptions are some variants of original name (Forlan, here), for example if during sex scene chick moans "oh, For...lan", or someone is calling mc "Fooorlaaan" and so back and so forth:BootyTime:)
Nope... :) your Ferlon and that's it.....
Forlan, you mean :BootyTime:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
and i answered same kind of question not that long ago.

if only there was search.

Reactions: Cforcer

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
and i answered same kind of question not that long ago.

if only there was search.
o_O:unsure:you mean you have said it is possible, with a bit of simple code ofc, provided it for those not too familiar with renpy games, and corrected wrong pronouncing (if that was it:HideThePain:) of MC?
if so, i do apologize, and im gonna try to use search more thoroughly in future:(
:BootyTime:

Reactions: Cforcer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
o_O:unsure:you mean you have said it is possible, with a bit of simple code ofc, provided it for those not too familiar with renpy games,
nah, said not possible in game, tweaking code is different thing.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
According to their patreon this is abandoned.

As many of you have already guessed, we had to stop development. There were several reasons for that. The main reason was a technical issue at launch. When the game was out of early access, it wasn’t updated in Steam and therefore we didn’t enter the list of recently released games. Since the launch was on Friday night, we managed to reach the technical support only on Monday. The problem was fixed, but according to the algorithms, we were already too late, and because of this, we did not get the necessary views to promote the game.
Making a game like VC is extremely dangerous right now in such an unstable environment. It requires a lot of money in its current form.
At that point, we only had two ways. The first was to freeze the project. And the second option - to keep working on the third episode but greatly simplifying things. And I didn't want to do that. If you've already reached a certain bar, you can't lower it, and I truly believe that VC 2 is the best thing we've created.
It's sad to see that most players didn't get any satisfaction from the game. But that's their right. I've always said that if a game doesn't resonate, it just needs to be finished. This is the normal reaction of any developer.
Nevertheless, we want to thank everyone who supported us during development. Thank you for your help and patience.
We are doing just fine. Everyone is busy with their work. I'm doing research on neural networks. For me this is interesting right now.
Since I need a page where I can post images of neural networks, I'm going to unfreeze this page. Our old games will stay here. I don't plan on making any real money from it especially since I can't withdraw money from Patreon anyway. I just have content and it's silly not to publish it.
Will we ever resume work on VC? I don't know, I think there is little chance, but who knows.
Please be careful, and don't forget to unsubscribe if you're not interested in this content.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Can someone please explain what the combat is like in this game?
overall mc has various attack types in use but most can't be used w/o high enuf rage, some battles are timed aka need to act before time runs out and some are hitting icon on screen before it vanishes.

battles especially against tougher monsters take time since monsters have (too) good evasion and mc just doesn't have high enuf chance to hit but autobattle solves that mostly (occasionally needs to interrupt autobattle to use bandages and drink health potions).

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes