• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Waifu Academy - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.9.4a] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
In the case of Photo Hunt if it wasn't for one of her supporters leaking the mod we would probably be still waiting for it. So yeah we will most likely have to wait a while for it to get updated here.

Reactions: JennaJJ

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
It is probably not even worth the effort, it is no doubt just a bug fix update.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
does the new version has anything? they closed comments in the original
I assume the moderators closed replies because the thread was spiraling out of reasonable control. Basically, someone was stating the obvious but turned it into a bitch moment that turned into an argument.

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
I assume the moderators closed replies because the thread was spiraling out of reasonable control. Basically, someone was stating the obvious but turned it into a bitch moment that turned into an argument.
which turned into what was it likw 50-100 deleted pages?

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
Irphaeus milked his release for about a year so people started to revolt. Then you have the usual Trolls that feed off controversy and F-Up a thread. The Modds can over react sometimes. I got a post Deleted with a reason of "Nobody Cares". I mean seriously? He didn't like my opinion so he deleted it? I didn't violate any rules, just Nobody cares. Summertime Saga has a similar problem with complaints. 5 or 6 months between releases. So at $76K a month that's $456,000 gross per release!
But I digress... The first Waifu Academy version I played was like 5 or 6 so I Loved how much content was there!

Last edited:

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Irphaeus milked his release for about a year so people started to revolt. Then you have the usual Trolls that feed off controversy and F-Up a thread. The Modds can over react sometimes. I got a post Deleted with a reason of "Nobody Cares". I mean seriously? He didn't like my opinion so he deleted it? I didn't violate any rules, just Nobody cares. Summertime Saga has a similar problem with complaints. 5 or 6 months between releases. So at $76K a month that's $456,000 gross per release!
But I digress... The first Waifu Academy version I played was like 5 or 6 so I Loved how much content was there!
Summertime Saga suffers from low content syndrome every update, very true, but the work ethic is there so it's hardly the same situation. My guess is they keep the releases small so they can keep milking their income but it's not like they don't actually get any work done. I'm not defending this practice as I think it's absolutely shitty but I'm a patient man for this game, so the time between releases doesn't really bother me to the extent of the practice behind it does.

I also am sorry that you were treated in such a way. I'm not a huge fan of some of the content/fetishes in Waifu Academy, and now I'm even less of a fan of the developer for behaving like a child. I mean I'm of the mindset that if I wish to share my opinion, I should allow others to do the same, or I don't have the right.

Grebbesh

Dec 5, 2018
The mod works with 9.4, no errors that I've seen so far.
The problem with the mod though is that it somehow blocks you out of any the new content. And because you're using the mod I think your save games are completely broken if you try to play the game without the mod installed. So at this point I have no clue on how to just play the new content. All existing save games are broken, all the save games shared by people in the main thread don't work, and I don't feel like starting the game all over for the new content. Unless someone has an idea on how to debug the error message below?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise we'll either have to wait for the mod to be updated, or for someone to share a savegame that was created without the mod altogether (I guess).

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes