• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Waifu Academy - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.9.4a] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Cricgck

Jan 14, 2020
The problem with the mod though is that it somehow blocks you out of any the new content. And because you're using the mod I think your save games are completely broken if you try to play the game without the mod installed. So at this point I have no clue on how to just play the new content. All existing save games are broken, all the save games shared by people in the main thread don't work, and I don't feel like starting the game all over for the new content. Unless someone has an idea on how to debug the error message below?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise we'll either have to wait for the mod to be updated, or for someone to share a savegame that was created without the mod altogether (I guess).

Please do let me know if you get a save that works. I also don't want to start all over again. D:

Sep 16, 2020
I just spent an hour and updated the main part of the mod (walkthrough, scene replay not updated, and I think gallery is broken, free roam mode not updated either, too much work) to 0.9.4a, new content playable and has a walkthrough - won't be attaching the file here for obvious reasons, if anyone knows how to contact Maim Lain so I can send them the updated file let me know

Reactions: dante7598
Sep 16, 2020
I must be missing something, what is the obvious reason?
probably because its unfinished or because it would be "stepping on maims toes" or something
^ both of these, yes - I'm not the author of the mod, and I just wanted to see the new content and not have to use another save/un-modded game, so I just went ahead and quickly updated the part of the mod I was interested in - having done that, giving the updated file to Maim Lain would speed up the update process I'd imagine, but I won't be sharing the file as I do not know their stance on this

also as I mentioned in the original post - some things are broken, and while I could spend more time and update the entire mod I simply have no interest/business in doing that, since the mod isn't exactly 'open source' and posting someone else's work (updated or not) without their permission doesn't sound nice - especially since the person in question has a paid service where they post updates to their work first and foremost (unless Maim Lain gives me/someone else permission to update and post the mod, which I don't think will happen...)

I still don't have a way of contacting Maim Lain since subscribing to their SubscribeStar for $5 just to send them a message that I've done some work on their mod for them is a pretty hard pass

also if I, without any previous ren'py experience, updated this in 1-2h then Lain can do it in less for sure, so might as well wait for the full update

Last edited:

Aguzy

Aug 4, 2020
^ both of these, yes - I'm not the author of the mod, and I just wanted to see the new content and not have to use another save/un-modded game, so I just went ahead and quickly updated the part of the mod I was interested in - having done that, giving the updated file to Maim Lain would speed up the update process I'd imagine, but I won't be sharing the file as I do not know their stance on this

also as I mentioned in the original post - some things are broken, and while I could spend more time and update the entire mod I simply have no interest/business in doing that, since the mod isn't exactly 'open source' and posting someone else's work (updated or not) without their permission doesn't sound nice - especially since the person in question has a paid service where they post updates to their work first and foremost (unless Maim Lain gives me/someone else permission to update and post the mod, which I don't think will happen...)

I still don't have a way of contacting Maim Lain since subscribing to their SubscribeStar for $5 just to send them a message that I've done some work on their mod for them is a pretty hard pass

also if I, without any previous ren'py experience, updated this in 1-2h then Lain can do it in less for sure, so might as well wait for the full update
Discord

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my Unofficial compressed Android port of Waifu Academy 0.9.4a with Maim Lain walkthrough and improvements mod
HD renders not included as compressing kinda reverses the HD -ness.
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox etc etc...
Alternative persistent saves/log location.
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Updated my unofficial Android port to 0.9.4

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes