RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
We are a few months away from this game being 6 YEARS OLD. It has no sings of it ending either, especially since there are still several characters that have been in the game since the beginning that had 1 or no scenes yet.

The game might have looked impressive back in 2018 when it was first released and not many other games were on this site, but now it looks like a dinosaur. Especially if you compare it to similar games like Ripples or Eternum that use the same style but look like they are several generations ahead while Waifu Academy looks like it's still stuck in the PS2 era.
Ripples and Eternum are excellent (I add Kana Sensei, Mentor Life and The Headmaster who are just as good), Waifu Academy suffered the same fate as Milfy City due to the lack of a lazy developer (who likes milk), the game is now outdated on many criteria but fewer than Milfy because the H2S has evolved less in 6 years than the DAZ.

Radigan12

Jun 2, 2020
The game might have looked impressive back in 2018 when it was first released and not many other games were on this site, but now it looks like a dinosaur. Especially if you compare it to similar games like Ripples or Eternum that use the same style but look like they are several generations ahead while Waifu Academy looks like it's still stuck in the PS2 era.
Wouldn't it be awkward for a sudden graphical jump, though?

Bonusa

Oct 13, 2020
Ripples and Eternum are excellent (I add Kana Sensei, Mentor Life and The Headmaster who are just as good), Waifu Academy suffered the same fate as Milfy City due to the lack of a lazy developer (who likes milk), the game is now outdated on many criteria but fewer than Milfy because the H2S has evolved less in 6 years than the DAZ.
Are there any good suggestion for the game of similar art style with constant update or maybe a finished one? I couldn't find a good one myself. ty in advance

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Oh you gotta be fuckin kidding me; between this guy, ICSTOR and EroMersive you can't get one real update, fuck this guys!
Unfortunately this seems to be the fate of many games that get WAY too much support an the devs start getting paid more than plastic surgeons in L.A. do.
We have seen it happen again and again with ICSTOR and IRPHAEUS and LEWDLAB and now possibly even DrPinkCake might be going down that route as well.

It takes a strong work ethic and character not to be a scumbag with all that money. Thats the double edged sword of patreon, you support all these guys who have all the control over how much they work, how long they work and how much they end up delivering in each update.

It wouldnt be much of a problem if more people were conscious to it, as in ok we figured out that Irphaeus is a scumbag that barely works on the game and has openly lied multiple times including using pictures of a French woman being in a car accident in 2017 as proof that he got into a car accident. So the next step is for as many people as possible to cancel support for him and move on to other more deserving creators, but that doesn't happen. Most people are either unaware or lazy and dont care themselves so these lazy, lying, shitty developers end up hoarding all the money and support while new, promising creators that release new games suffer because they struggle to even get the fraction of the support needed.

Mark my words this is only gonna end up hurting us, the number of people that play and support these games is not infinite, we are gonna see more and more much more talented and ethical developers ending up abandoning their games because shitheads like ICSTOR who hasn't done shit in 3 years is sitting on 15k money on patreon blowing it all on hookers and sports cars and fancy houses, while he tells his audience he is depressed which is why he isn't releasing the game lol.

otakubob25

Sep 30, 2023
why id gofile not working at all. mega bugget out stopped 3 times now i have some how past the 5g limit with this game liek the hell.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Wouldn't it be awkward for a sudden graphical jump, though?
No you are right, its much better to remain looking the same even 10+ years in the game development. It wasn't awkward for Shut up and Dance, it wasn't awkward for Summers Gone, it wasn't awkward for Ripples, etc...

But the whole reason it's awkward for Waifu Academy is because the game is taking way too long. If this was a game that began and ended in 3-4 years total, it would be fine but we are 6 years into the game and it's still barely halfway through at most.

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
Are there any good suggestion for the game of similar art style with constant update or maybe a finished one? I couldn't find a good one myself. ty in advance
It's not in the school environment but the Onelifetime games from the author of Eternum and Now and Then can be closer to the style of Waifu Academy,
the 2 Games are over.

Reactions: Bonusa

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
No you are right, its much better to remain looking the same even 10+ years in the game development. It wasn't awkward for Shut up and Dance, it wasn't awkward for Summers Gone, it wasn't awkward for Ripples, etc...

But the whole reason it's awkward for Waifu Academy is because the game is taking way too long. If this was a game that began and ended in 3-4 years total, it would be fine but we are 6 years into the game and it's still barely halfway through at most.
Ripples has an episodic format in its releases which Waifu Academy does not

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
Vanilla players, please don't open the spoiler, the question is not directed at you, and I don't want to start a war.Vanilla players, please don't open the spoiler, the question is not directed at you, and I don't want to start a war.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: I got a facepalm where I put a SPOILER, so that boring vanilla people wouldn't accidentally see it. But as they are boring and irritating, they went there and opened the spoiler.

Last edited:

tamagochi

Nov 26, 2017
The game lost its charm when the author decided to alter the appearances of the characters. My favorite character was Tomoe, but now he no longer looks like the Tomoe we saw in the beginning. He is a completely modified character that lost all his appeal. It is incredible how a developer can spoil his own game by making bad decisions, hopefully one day we will see the characters as they were in the beginning and the author will fix the mess he left

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes