johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
It boils down to accountability

When a dev makes a shit game on steam, it obviously gets negative reviews and word of mouth spreads through media and reddit that the game is not worth buying for whatever price it is. Dev either keeps patching the game to make it better or take the L and move on. People stop buying that game after a period and it dissolves into irrelevancy.

There is no such thing for adult games and Patreon, so we get devs like irphaeus who keep edging his supporters for maybe 1-2 updates per year with minimal effort and still walk away with thousands of dollars every month. There is no accountability since it depends on the individual supporters to cancel their subscription, but many simply forget to cancel it or rich whales who couldn't care less about that $5 charge every month because they can't be bothered to find their login and go through the cancellation process.

The point is, hurt his wallet. Unless there is a massive drop in his subscriber count and him being the greedy fuck that he is, when he sees lesser and lesser money coming in, he'll move his ass otherwise this dripfeeding will keep continuing until morons keep throwing money at him. Pirate the game rather than ever supporting him, that's how you'll get back at him.

It is also one of my biggest pet peeves of adult games and F95, you're expected to keep subscribing every month when any indie game out there you pay 20-30 bucks once and you have lifetime access to the game and all its updates. On Patreon, you sub for only that month, and you have to continue the sub, or you don't get any updates after that unless you shell out the money again... Something you already paid for.

Onlyjimmy91

Nov 10, 2017
Way too short of a content for almost a year worth of waiting.

Not sure but is it only me that the visuals looks blurry and old? It just looks like he did whatever and just waited out to milk as much as possible then release it on his own time.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well I'm trying to run this title on a low end laptop (win10 w/ only 4 gigs of ram...some 64bit Renpy exe's struggle...), and I noticed the 32bit exe included with this release will not run at all. Though, the 64bit exe does run, but displays real choppy animation...that can be slow a hell at times.

Any one else notice if their 32bit exe version of this title, will not run?

Reactions: Puma-D

FelicityLove

Feb 16, 2023

When a dev makes a shit game on steam, it obviously gets negative reviews and word of mouth spreads through media and reddit that the game is not worth buying for whatever price it is. Dev either keeps patching the game to make it better or take the L and move on. People stop buying that game after a period and it dissolves into irrelevancy.

There is no such thing for adult games and Patreon, so we get devs like irphaeus who keep edging his supporters for maybe 1-2 updates per year with minimal effort and still walk away with thousands of dollars every month. There is no accountability since it depends on the individual supporters to cancel their subscription, but many simply forget to cancel it or rich whales who couldn't care less about that $5 charge every month because they can't be bothered to find their login and go through the cancellation process.

The point is, hurt his wallet. Unless there is a massive drop in his subscriber count and him being the greedy fuck that he is, when he sees lesser and lesser money coming in, he'll move his ass otherwise this dripfeeding will keep continuing until morons keep throwing money at him. Pirate the game rather than ever supporting him, that's how you'll get back at him.

It is also one of my biggest pet peeves of adult games and F95, you're expected to keep subscribing every month when any indie game out there you pay 20-30 bucks once and you have lifetime access to the game and all its updates. On Patreon, you sub for only that month, and you have to continue the sub, or you don't get any updates after that unless you shell out the money again... Something you already paid for.
Majority of the people who support him probably don't even read this thread or have stopped ages ago and forgot to remove their support. I know people who had subscriptions to stuff and completely forgot they were still paying for it.

The lowest tier of his Patreon is $3. That is $33 a year. Don't underestimate how lazy or how little they care. $33 a year is less than chump change to some people so they're fine ignoring it than taking the time to remove that subscription from their account.

Finally, your last paragraph is somewhat misleading. You don't have to sub every month. There are some smart people who have the patience and sub once or twice a year. I have supported DPC's Being A DIK every update during the release month. That's $45 of support, $5 per release - 9 releases, in over 4 and half years. Compared to people who supported 3, 4, or even 5 hundred plus dollars over the same 4 and a half years because they keep the subscription every month. I experienced the same amount of content than to those who spent hundreds for significantly less.

Reactions: Tsopanis

Pirata

Jun 11, 2017

Many supporters are like simps, they keep feeding the monster which keeps the cycle repeating.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes