hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
why did the file size of 0.10 so light compared to 0.9.9 ? Is 0.10 only update file or something?
I asked this as well, and got a really... not that credible answer that it was likely due to cleaning up messy code (lol give me a fucking break, the code is like a tiny fraction of the size, most of the size of a game is the media - images, video, sounds, music.)

Considering lot of people are complaining about weird video issues, my guess is Irph pulled some shit to try to compress the videos a bit and fucked it in the process.

jokuur

May 23, 2019
I asked this as well, and got a really... not that credible answer that it was likely due to cleaning up messy code (lol give me a fucking break, the code is like a tiny fraction of the size, most of the size of a game is the media - images, video, sounds, music.)

Considering lot of people are complaining about weird video issues, my guess is Irph pulled some shit to try to compress the videos a bit and fucked it in the process.
perhaps png was changed to jpg and movie clips were converted too?

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
Walkthrough Mod (v0.10.0)

IMPORTANT:
-I will be working on including a gallery mod.
-If you encounter any bugs, message/tag me on discord "ionjigzz"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOADN: Mega

Gallery Unlocker by b7512966: https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-10-0-irphaeus.9414/post-11898046
(Works with walkthrough mod)

Gallery mod progress: 0%

UPDATE: Mod now includes the Walkthrough for the whole game up to 0.10.0 (link already updated)
First, Thank you for putting this together. I might not have even tried coming back to this game without it.

Second, forgive my stupidity but normally mods are just dropped in the "game" folder (I confirm this by matching the mod files with other files within that folder usually), however I'm not sure if that is still the same with this one as I can't see similar files. Do I extract to the game folder or is it different?

Thanks

eleumaS - 1

Sep 8, 2023
Apparently, the mods are understaffed, and needed to drop managing those links in order to focus on more important work.
Yeah, something on the line of actively protecting their beloved IRL and in-forum friends, from whomever could be disagreeing with them, no matter the things the friends say or threaten over, nor how logical and respectful the punished member is being with the assholes...

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020

Second, forgive my stupidity but normally mods are just dropped in the "game" folder (I confirm this by matching the mod files with other files within that folder usually), however I'm not sure if that is still the same with this one as I can't see similar files. Do I extract to the game folder or is it different?

Thanks
yes, extract the zip content as it is into ../game/ folder.

and IONJigZz just a typo :sneaky: if walkthrough part is completed for the whole game, then 'Only new content' is misleading lol
1697154016282.png

Last edited:

killua2018

Apr 8, 2018
The new animation in 0.10 seems to be paused? Is it just me who has this problem? I hope it will be updated soon

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Mac 0.10?
Go search on this site, I am not 100% sure, but I think you download the PC version, then if you have the old mac version you simply copy the PC game folder over to the mac version and that works, but again I only vaguely remembering read that, I am not on mac so not sure.

IONJigZz

Jun 16, 2017
First, Thank you for putting this together. I might not have even tried coming back to this game without it.

Thanks
Yes, just drop it into the game folder.

dunnoduncare36

Sep 30, 2023
Why do you want to download earlier versions? Not being snarky here, it sounds like you may be trying to solve a problem, in which case it's better to ask about your underlying issue, as your proposed solution may not do want you want.

That said, I don't know if there's a good place to find older versions. If you were on the dev's Patreon, you could probably find old links there; however, depending on how far back you want to go, the old links may not work.
I want an earlier version so I can play at an earlier part in the game? I downloaded the latest one and I could only play through the beach segment, after which, it told me the game was still in development.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
I want an earlier version so I can play at an earlier part in the game? I downloaded the latest one and I could only play through the beach segment, after which, it told me the game was still in development.
beach is v0.10.0 content as you already know, now a new game has two options, first otaku option start from the very beginning, second otaku option starts at the end of v0.9.9 ( I think).

All this because of the new karma system, starting over I ended up with +74 karma lol but next updates I don't know if new scenes will appear in place on the old scenes or similar.

starting over is the best option now, but as I said it might be more prudent to wait for 1 or 2 updates before a real start over, when some or all karma dependency scenes from before v0.10.0 are ongoing or already implemented within the game.

Last edited:

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
This version has the full game; however, changes made in this version broke older saves. When you started the game, you should have had the option to either start with the new content in this version, or at the beginning.

If you have saves from an older version and want to continue up until the end of the 0.9.9 content, then yes, an old version might let you do that. However, if you intend to continue to play the game, you might be better off biting the bullet and replaying. To access anything earlier, you would have to do that eventually. Indications seem to be that there will be some sort of new content added eventually (a more specific evil karma path).

Replaying now, however, runs the risk of further code changes forcing yet another restart.

Note: if this is the first version you've played, then you should be able to try to start again, and choose the option to start from the very beginning.

IONJigZz

Jun 16, 2017
beach is v0.10.0 content as you already know, now a new game has two options, first otaku option start from the very beginning, second otaku option starts at the end of v0.9.9 ( I think).

All this because of the new karma system, starting over I ended up with +74 karma lol but next updates I don't know if new scenes will appear in place on the old scenes or similar.

starting over is the best option now, but as I said it might be more prudent to wait for 1 or 2 updates before a real start over, when some or all karma dependency scenes from before v0.10.0 are ongoing or already implemented within the game.
By the looks of it, either in the next update or the one after there is going to be new content available where certain paths will be locked or unlocked depending on Karma. There are various comments in the code that suggest that.
That will lead to the possible corruption, yet again, of old saves.

The Karma system is built but it has yet to be taken into consideration, which will likely be in the next update

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
yes, extract the zip content as it is into ../game/ folder.

and IONJigZz just a typo :sneaky: if walkthrough part is completed for the whole game, then 'Only new content' is misleading lol
View attachment 3001470
Yes, just drop it into the game folder.
Thanks

I did a quick gallery unlocker to see the other paths.
Just throw it in the game folder, and all scenes should be open.
When I save this to the game folder, the scenes are still grayed out.

I'm not sure what could be wrong...

BigDaddyEarl

Jan 31, 2018
I recognized the elevator music from the stanley parable ! anyone else was waiting for the narrator to start humming ?

4.10 star(s) 265 Votes