Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
train scene where minami follows you on the train and gets raped. You're presented with a set of two options to start: 'Run in immediately and save her' which ends in you getting smacked, framed and game over-d. So your forced to chose the second option and wait which leads to another set of two more options, 'step in before it goes too far' or 'let her learn a lesson and leave' the latter of which leads you into getting stopped by the big guy and presented with two more "choices", 'hit him and run' or 'bargain with the guy' and since the latter isnt in the game yet (and id assume would lead into another game over) you can only chose to hit him and run which results in you getting killed, as well as minami, which results in a bad end meaning the ONLY thing you can do in that situation is wait first, then step in.

Oh wow, I happened to get the only correct path on my first attempt. I assumed that the darker route would lead to a different tone and CG scene where at the very least the context will be darker for how the character views you. They could have even done the same scene but changed a few lines of dialogue to make it fit with your choice and how it effects the narrative. Illusion of choice done correctly.

Nope apparently its just a false choice with a pointless game over screen based on nothing but trial and error concept. Its really silly to think that this will ever be polished or changed, because of how the update system works and the demand for the constantly progressing narrative. So at what point will the author ever have time to go back and polish and would you ever want him too over future progression of content.

This exact same dilemma occurred during the locker scene with the principles daughter. There was only one correct path the other choices were just trail and error game over screens. What exactly is the point of that especially in a renpy game where you can just scroll mouse wheel and pick a different choice? Its the absolute worst possible way to handle illusion of choice narrative. The only time its successful if you happened to get the correct path on the first attempt. But then out of curiosity to see what would happen with the other path, replaying it finding out you were deceived, being a false choice trying to present itself as illusion of choice..

The proper way to do illusion of choice, is both paths branching back to the same spot but now you have a different narrative context. Look at mass effect for example, there are only 3 choices that actually matter when you port your save file to ME2, but the entire context of the narrative is driven by the choices you make because it does illusion of choice right. Branching back to the same place for both choices but now with a different context, of how the characters might feel and your attitude towards the situation.

For example whether you save the racchni queen or not, you are encountering the racchni queen either way and the only thing that effectively changes is a few lines of dialogue and now you are back on the same path regardless of which option you selected. If you did save, in ME2 there is a small convo informing you about the racchni queen that doesnt interrupt or deter from the main story.

So as you can see in order to do illusion of choice correctly, you dont need a big budget, you just need common sense and a few lines of dialogue. This author does not seem to be capable or understand this concept at all yet is trying to write a choice driven narrative in renpy. He is white knighted and defended from his fanbase for the fact that it does have parody elements in the game, which somehow is supposed to excuse his incompetence.

So in short

~You should never have a game over screen. This is illusion of choice done wrong and a lot of games here do this.
~When you do have a choice, the main differences should be a few lines of dialogue, changing the context of the narrative. This saves time and budget. Its actually impossible even with massive budgets to complex branching paths. The most successful narrative driven games are actually linear with each path branching back in on themselves towards the main path and now the only difference is the context of the narrative.
~Dont expect this game to be polished or changed, because of the demand for ever progressing content in each update supported by his monthly milk machine platform. Patreon style systems do not encourage finished products with a well rounded narrative.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Oh wow, I happened to get the only correct path on my first attempt. I assumed that the darker route would lead to a different tone and CG scene where at the very least the context will be darker for how the character views you. They could have even done the same scene but changed a few lines of dialogue to make it fit with your choice and how it effects the narrative. Illusion of choice done correctly.

Nope apparently its just a false choice with a pointless game over screen based on nothing but trial and error concept. Its really silly to think that this will ever be polished or changed, because of how the update system works and the demand for the constantly progressing narrative. So at what point will the author ever have time to go back and polish and would you ever want him too over future progression of content.

This exact same dilemma occurred during the locker scene with the principles daughter. There was only one correct path the other choices were just trail and error game over screens. What exactly is the point of that especially in a renpy game where you can just scroll mouse wheel and pick a different choice? Its the absolute worst possible way to handle illusion of choice narrative. The only time its successful if you happened to get the correct path on the first attempt. But then out of curiosity to see what would happen with the other path, replaying it finding out you were deceived, being a false choice trying to present itself as illusion of choice..

The proper way to do illusion of choice, is both paths branching back to the same spot but now you have a different narrative context. Look at mass effect for example, there are only 3 choices that actually matter when you port your save file to ME2, but the entire context of the narrative is driven by the choices you make because it does illusion of choice right. Branching back to the same place for both choices but now with a different context, of how the characters might feel and your attitude towards the situation.

For example whether you save the racchni queen or not, you are encountering the racchni queen either way and the only thing that effectively changes is a few lines of dialogue and now you are back on the same path regardless of which option you selected. If you did save, in ME2 there is a small convo informing you about the racchni queen that doesnt interrupt or deter from the main story.

So as you can see in order to do illusion of choice correctly, you dont need a big budget, you just need common sense and a few lines of dialogue. This author does not seem to be capable or understand this concept at all yet is trying to write a choice driven narrative in renpy. He is white knighted and defended from his fanbase for the fact that it does have parody elements in the game, which somehow is supposed to excuse his incompetence.

So in short

~You should never have a game over screen. This is illusion of choice done wrong and a lot of games here do this.
~When you do have a choice, the main differences should be a few lines of dialogue, changing the context of the narrative. This saves time and budget. Its actually impossible even with massive budgets to complex branching paths. The most successful narrative driven games are actually linear with each path branching back in on themselves towards the main path and now the only difference is the context of the narrative.
~Dont expect this game to be polished or changed, because of the demand for ever progressing content in each update supported by his monthly milk machine platform. Patreon style systems do not encourage finished products with a well rounded narrative.
This game name is waifu academy,WHY IN THE FUCK PEOPLE WANT A RAPE SHIT TO THEIR WAIFU??even though,its a revenge story,mc is a good guy,he just get trauma and mislead in his childhood..AND its clear mc is a clever guy,he always think before he do something..But,nvm,everyone have different fetish,they love to see women getting humiliated and whoring themselve and they fap to it,there are also people that love to be a white knight even it just a game.But,Irphaeus is the one make this game,so he can do whatever he want,even the story,character or development...and its clear before he stated this game still in early development..The GAME OVER thing is when the player choose the wrong decision that make the Mc plan ruined..so its really matter to make a choice in this game..

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
This game name is waifu academy,WHY IN THE FUCK PEOPLE WANT A RAPE SHIT??even though,its a revenge story,mc is a good guy,he just get trauma and mislead in his childhood..AND its clear mc is a clever guy,he always think before he do something..But,nvm,everyone have different fetish,they love to see women getting humiliated and whoring themselve and they fap to it,there are also people that love to be a white knight even it just a game.But,Irphaeus is the one make this game,so he can do whatever he want,even the story,character or development...and its clear before he stated this game still in early development..The GAME OVER thing is when the player choose the wrong decision that make the Mc plan ruined..so its really matter to make a choice in this game..

MC is pretty rapey. Look what he did to his stepsister, drugged and molested her in her sleep over the course of a few nights when he first met her.

Anyways, early development is not an excuse. Because like I said the demand for ever progressing narrative is high I doubt hes going to stop and polish everything anytime soon. Regardless he is not competent on how to write a choice driven narrative. The proper way to do it is give you two choices A) and B) that will both lead back to main path C) but with the illusion that you have impacted the narrative and the context of how its presented with a few lines of dialogue.

What exactly is the point of the game over screen? Give you a sense of danger and accomplishment when you can just scroll back and select the correct choice under trail and error? I disagree this is a poor way to handle a choice driven narrative. Its lazy and incompetent and early development is just an excuse.

Reactions: SymbioticLife

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
MC is pretty rapey. Look what he did to his stepsister, drugged and molested her in her sleep over the course of a few nights when he first met her.

Anyways, early development is not an excuse. Because like I said the demand for ever progressing narrative is high I doubt hes going to stop and polish everything anytime soon. Regardless he is not competent on how to write a choice driven narrative. The proper way to do it is give you two choices A) and B) that will both lead back to main path C) but with the illusion that you have impacted the narrative and the context of how its presented with a few lines of dialogue.

What exactly is the point of the game over screen? Give you a sense of danger and accomplishment when you can just scroll back and select the correct choice under trail and error? I disagree this is a poor way to handle a choice driven narrative. Its lazy and incompetent and early development is just an excuse.
For that step sister,she always acting allmighty bitch and always hate mc in the early story,she care about money and all,thats is why mc usin drug to make her less bitchy and always all over him..thats all his plan to usin her,but in the story progressin,it clear Sheila fall in love with mc after that sex night..and its clear mc care and doesnt like to share his waifu to other people..he is still a good guy in this game,AND the top thing he want to do is getting revenge to the people that ruined his life..he just doesnt have time to think about the girls fight over him..except it become opportunity to him

About,the complain,you should ask Irphaeus about it,im sure he can answer your question,he always active in this page anyway,Good luck with that;)

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
For that step sister,she always acting allmighty bitch and always hate mc in the early story,she care about money and all,thats is why mc usin drug to make her less bitchy and always all over him..thats all his plan to usin her,but in the story progressin,it clear Sheila fall in love with mc after that sex night..and its clear mc care and doesnt like to share his waifu to other people..he is still a good guy in this game,AND the top thing he want to do is getting revenge to the people that ruined his life..he just doesnt have time to think about the girls fight over him..except it become opportunity to him

About,the complain,you should ask Irphaeus about it,im sure he can answer your question,he always active in this page anyway,Good luck with that;)

Im sure my complaint will just piss him off. Cant really do anything about it anyways. If he wanted to take me seriously it would be for his next project. I dont doubt that he puts a lot of work and effort into the game. Objectively he doesnt understand how to create an illusion of choice narrative and could have benefited from doing surface level research into the concept before starting a choice driven narrative.

I find it really disturbing that you call MC good when he literally drugs and molests his step sister in his sleep. This plot device was not a choice and was mandatory to make progress. You really think someone you just met being bitchy to you is an excuse to drug and molest them in your sleep and you can be a "good guy" if you do these things?

The concept of her getting horny enough to rape you from your nightly visits is strange in and of itself. But yeah hes drugging her against her will without giving a shit about her health and putting his hands on her while she is unconscious without her permission. Nothing about this behavior says good guy. This MC is not good and is not redeemable in any way shape or form, and thats just the intro to the story..

Reactions: SymbioticLife

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Im sure my complaint will just piss him off. Cant really do anything about it anyways. If he wanted to take me seriously it would be for his next project. I dont doubt that he puts a lot of work and effort into the game. Objectively he doesnt understand how to create an illusion of choice narrative and could have benefited from doing surface level research into the concept before starting a choice driven narrative.

I find it really disturbing that you call MC good when he literally drugs and molests his step sister in his sleep. This plot device was not a choice and was mandatory to make progress. You really think someone you just met being bitchy to you is an excuse to drug and molest them in your sleep and you can be a "good guy" if you do these things?

The concept of her getting horny enough to rape you from your nightly visits is strange in and of itself. But yeah hes drugging her against her will without giving a shit about her health and putting his hands on her while she is unconscious without her permission. Nothing about this behavior says good guy. This MC is not good and is not redeemable in any way shape or form, and thats just the intro to the story..
hmm,as i know mc already stop usin drug on sheila before that night,mc is a handsome guy,any women might dont care as long the guy take care of them:unsure:and dude,if you dont like this game for the story and all,you can just find other one,i will keep support him since im into harem and i wanna know what really happen in the story..But,if you just wanna keep playing,at least stop complaining and just enjoy the game he make..or you can just support him in the next game and give your suggestion to him about the story

• Angry
Reactions: VNON and TheBlub

Chrandom3

Jan 12, 2019

So in short

This. And this exactly. It isnt hard to do, might take slightly longer yes, though making our choices feel like they have even the slightest impact would go a long way. The whole time im thinking to myself how Id much rather just click to advance each scene until certain parts come up
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But for goodness sake every time there was a choice to be made I went through each and every option and the majority of the time only one could make you advance.
This game name is waifu academy,WHY IN THE FUCK PEOPLE WANT A RAPE SHIT TO THEIR WAIFU??even though,its a revenge story,mc is a good guy,he just get trauma and mislead in his childhood..AND its clear mc is a clever guy,he always think before he do something..But,nvm,everyone have different fetish,they love to see women getting humiliated and whoring themselve and they fap to it,there are also people that love to be a white knight even it just a game.But,Irphaeus is the one make this game,so he can do whatever he want,even the story,character or development...and its clear before he stated this game still in early development..The GAME OVER thing is when the player choose the wrong decision that make the Mc plan ruined..so its really matter to make a choice in this game..
Im not sure about people wanting to rape the characters, theres too many posts here to scan them all, however this original point was for the game to have the other options actually mean something so the game feels more impactful. Even if its as small as chosing to put a banana peel on the floor so a character slips on it and they just comment on how much of a dick move that was, while the overall story goes as planned. Yes it is his game and he can do with it what he wills, though that kind of attitude and outlook gets games like these absolutely nowehre in terms of actual development; problems stay the same, laziness starts to come into play and then the mentality of "I can do whatever I want with this and people will still give me money and love me for it" will persist. Things like this have happened numerous times and not just with smaller projects like this.

Reactions: Genji

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
hmm,as i know mc already stop usin drug on sheila before that night,mc is a handsome guy,any women might dont care as long the guy take care of them:unsure:and dude,if you dont like this game for the story and all,you can just find other one,i will keep support him since im into harem and i wanna know what really happen in the story..But,if you just wanna keep playing,at least stop complaining and just enjoy the game he make..or you can just support him in the next game and give your suggestion to him about the story
I just find it disturbing that you think the MC can be interpreted as good in any context. Just because it ended "well" for them, doesnt mean he was in the right for drugging and abusing her while she slept. I wonder how her character would react if she knew that before she chose to hook up with him, driven by lust, she was being drugged and molested causing the sex dreams.

One of this games strong points is making believable characters with unique personalities. How do you think sheila would react?

Also you gave me the "you dont like it go away" type of line. Well all that accomplishes is creates an echo chamber for you in this thread of fanboys fapping and idolizing the game.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I just find it disturbing that you think the MC can be interpreted as good in any context. Just because it ended "well" for them, doesnt mean he was in the right for drugging and abusing her while she slept. I wonder how her character would react if she knew that before she chose to hook up with him, driven by lust, she was being drugged and molested causing the sex dreams.

One of this games strong points is making believable characters with unique personalities. How do you think sheila would react?

Also you gave me the "you dont like it go away" type of line. Well all that accomplishes is creates an echo chamber for you in this thread of fanboys fapping and idolizing the game.
Hmm,maybe in the next story,we can see the reaction of Sheila about the drug stuff and her reaction if the mc with other girls instead of her..

Im sorry,i doesnt mean to offend you or something,well,just forget what i said in the last post...you have your own opinion and i respect that

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Well there are a lot of sick people out there especially on this site. Its fine to have a dark MC but the issue I am taking is this fan is considering this MC to be a good guy. I dont think thats the authors fault.
I know. I'm very interested in novels/books/games which allow perspective of evil and abusive characters. I just think that I would feel shitty if someone read evil character I wrote as a good guy. It insulting to the dev, making him look as sick and immoral person.

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
I know. I'm very interested in novels/books/games which allow perspective of evil and abusive characters. I just think that I would feel shitty if someone read evil character I wrote as a good guy. It insulting to the dev, making him look as sick and immoral person.
I would argue you wouldnt be able to write this content without being a bit twisted yourself. That being said its a fantasy and an outlet. No victims are created in the making of the content. You could enjoy something that is fucked up, knowing its wrong to do and not engage in it IRL. There is a danger in calling something that is obviously evil to be good and trying to justify it. There is no justification for drugging women against their will and molesting them. I hope genji can see that at least.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017

Dont forget he set up reported to get raped by a DOG that was funny as hell and affter the subway event she is his personal pet Meow Meow Meow and totaly in love with him Nice move the dev loved that part + she is CUTE as hell :love:;):ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)(y)(y)(y):devilish::giggle:

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I would argue you wouldnt be able to write this content without being a bit twisted yourself. That being said its a fantasy and an outlet. No victims are created in the making of the content. You could enjoy something that is fucked up, knowing its wrong to do and not engage in it IRL. There is a danger in calling something that is obviously evil to be good and trying to justify it. There is no justification for drugging women against their will and molesting them. I hope genji can see that at least.
You hit it right on the head its a fantasy nothing more we all have some twisted fantasy nothing more just like all those steven king novels

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017

Oh realy i dident see him kill any one and his sister is in love with him affter 3-5 days in And he dosent have to drug her any more why easy if you the read text he fell for her too he is changing i am sure by the end of the game mc will have all the persons involed in causing his fathers death all in jail and he will be redemed by all who know him

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
Dont forget he set up reported to get raped by a DOG that was funny as hell and affter the subway event she is his personal pet Meow Meow Meow and totaly in love with him Nice move the dev loved that part + she is CUTE as hell :love:;):ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)(y)(y)(y):devilish::giggle:
That scene was so strange to me I thought it was a dream sequence. She wait until he falls asleep, then she jumps him now in cosplay as a kitty cat. What??? Wasnt she a thirsty "virgin" a minute ago, how does she have these deep and detailed sexual fantasies of wanting to be a cat.

I kind of skimmed over it thinking wow okay weird dream sequence lets get back to whats actually going on in reality in the fiction. But nope, it turns out those events actually happened in game. What?

Okay then. Yep now she is teasing you at school and jumped your bones next time you came over in front of her dad under the table when she put on her kitty costume. Out of nowhere like a split personality. She wasnt into it, then puts on her kitty costume then cant get enough of the D when drunk dad is right there.

I am sorry this game is so fucking weird. Thats one of my least favorite flings in this. Its funny that you had to set her up to be molested by strangers, and only intervene right before they were going to rape her as forced progression with false game over screen choices. Once again illusion of choice done poorly.

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
Oh realy i dident see him kill any one and his sister is in love with him affter 3-5 days in And he dosent have to drug her any more why easy if you the read text he fell for her too he is changing i am sure by the end of the game mc will have all the persons involed in causing his fathers death all in jail and he will be redemed by all who know him
There is no justification or redemption for someone who drugs and molests a women he barely knows. My issue is not that the character is evil, but he said that MC is actually a "good guy". And I was like wait no the MC is not a good guy and here is why. I dont care if she "fell in love" with him, he drugged and molested her against her will like the first day, then continued over multiple nights.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
That scene was so strange to me I thought it was a dream sequence. She wait until he falls asleep, then she jumps him now in cosplay as a kitty cat. What??? Wasnt she a thirsty "virgin" a minute ago, how does she have these deep and detailed sexual fantasies of wanting to be a cat.

I kind of skimmed over it thinking wow okay weird dream sequence lets get back to whats actually going on in reality in the fiction. But nope, it turns out those events actually happened in game. What?

Okay then. Yep now she is teasing you at school and jumped your bones next time you came over in front of her dad under the table when she put on her kitty costume. Out of nowhere like a split personality. She wasnt into it, then puts on her kitty costume then cant get enough of the D when drunk dad is right there.

I am sorry this game is so fucking weird. Thats one of my least favorite flings in this. Its funny that you had to set her up to be molested by strangers, and only intervene right before they were going to rape her as forced progression with false game over screen choices. Once again illusion of choice done poorly.
well your right in that assesment i couldent believe it ether i thaught it was a dream allso but there was no faulse game over if you let Her get realy get raped you end up in jail and it is game over unless you saved just before subway. I still dont get why he gives us choices when they realy dont matter if i tried to be a nice mc i allways get game over so the Big question is why give any option if you cant change your thaughts. Would be a better game if i had no options just a vn but a vn with options that give game over is no option at all dev is stearing the mc so no matter what you choose dosent realy matter.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Indeed sir,this game is cute as hell,it make me addict to it...HAHAHAH,i dont care,i will keep playin dis game until the end:love:

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
well your right in that assesment i couldent believe it ether i thaught it was a dream allso but there was no faulse game over if you let Her get realy get raped you end up in jail and it is game over unless you saved just before subway. I still dont get why he gives us choices when they realy dont matter if i tried to be a nice mc i allways get game over so the Big question is why give any option if you cant change your thaughts. Would be a better game if i had no options just a vn but a vn with options that give game over is no option at all dev is stearing the mc so no matter what you choose dosent realy matter.
Actually,after ia have some debate with Bass_Legend before,it make me change my mind actually about the option and stuff and i kinda agree with him

Reactions: Bass_Legend
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes