Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
Moderator posted that, he require atleast 3 more weeks to complete the updated... And he posted this on 20th of January..... so you can have some idea that next update will be released soon
I think he is waiting for that 800 patron mark... As soon as he gets it he would release the update hopefully..
He did the same thing last time so I guess it's a valid reason .

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Never knew that was a thing with this engine and managed to fuck it up by starting a new game thinking I could just skip through, I realized I went to far. All well I'll just skip through tomorrow when I have time. Thank you for telling me about this though I will have to remember it for future use when my stupidity wins over me again.
Remember to skip by using ctrl and in game settings set everything to skip.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
I think he is waiting for that 800 patron mark... As soon as he gets it he would release the update hopefully..
He did the same thing last time so I guess it's a valid reason .
What could be the reasoning for that ?

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
you know, i watched this really interesting documentary lately, about people believing that the end is near.
Bottom-line is, those people pick seemingly random Numbers and Dates where the world will end, and suprise! its always like a couple weeks or months down the line.

I'm getting some flashbacks here, since that dude you're quoting literally took an arbitrary Number, that's close to being there, and says the update will be released then.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
you know, i watched this really interesting documentary lately, about people believing that the end is near.
Bottom-line is, those people pick seemingly random Numbers and Dates where the world will end, and suprise! its always like a couple weeks or months down the line.

I'm getting some flashbacks here, since that dude you're quoting literally took an arbitrary Number, that's close to being there, and says the update will be released then.
Nice way to troll
But it wasn't really an arbitrary number

Last update when he delayed the release date.. it was quite a similar situation where he was about to reach the700 patron mark and it was released right after he got it ...
Cut to this update he delayed the update twice
Patron count right now 797.. so I guess there's no harm to expect it right after 800
So that's my point of view
Anyway just like everyone else here I'm also hopeful that the update is about to release

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
You heard about Correlation and Causation, right ? (If not, look at those fancy graphs here: )
Even if he releases the new Update right after he hit 800 patrons, i wouldn't believe this to be the reason he uploaded it then and there.
Because, there is simply no reason for him to wait. He gains absolutely nothing by withholding the update he promised quite a while ago any longer.
And why would it even be 800 ? why not wait for 850 ? 900 ?
There is no logical reason to imply causation here, so the only way we can look at this occurence is that of random chance.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
You heard about Correlation and Causation, right ? (If not, look at those fancy graphs here: )
Even if he releases the new Update right after he hit 800 patrons, i wouldn't believe this to be the reason he uploaded it then and there.
Because, there is simply no reason for him to wait. He gains absolutely nothing by withholding the update he promised quite a while ago any longer.
And why would it even be 800 ? why not wait for 850 ? 900 ?
There is no logical reason to imply causation here, so the only way we can look at this occurence is that of random chance.
No I haven't ... But those graphs are really amazing dude XD

Anyway .... I'm not here to argue ... I had an opinion based on the observations of past update ... Interestingly another Visual Noble Summertime Saga(quite popular) Did the same thing once at 15k probably and at $50000 mark next time... So I thought maybe Dev also waiting for that closest milestone.
There is no point of talking logic into it. I would have been in Dev's position I would have set some goals in my head like these ones. So there's no harm in it

(P.S He is creating an amazing game and has every right to get the best output for his time , energy and effort )

Reactions: yandex

Ohiri

Feb 23, 2019
Pardon, I was hoping someone could give me a complete save file? I am not very good with forums and I've been through about sixty pages or so. Can't find one, so I hoped someone may have one to lend?

Irphaeus

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
Nice way to troll
But it wasn't really an arbitrary number

Last update when he delayed the release date.. it was quite a similar situation where he was about to reach the700 patron mark and it was released right after he got it ...
Cut to this update he delayed the update twice
Patron count right now 797.. so I guess there's no harm to expect it right after 800
So that's my point of view
Anyway just like everyone else here I'm also hopeful that the update is about to release
Do you really think I'm watching my Patreon subscriber count to release update? It doesn't make any sense... I don't win more money by releasing something at 790 Patreon or at 800 Patreon, this is not how it works.

The update is just bigger than the previous one, we are talking about 570 artworks, 20+ animation and 4000 lines of dialogue/script.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
Do you really think I'm watching my Patreon subscriber count to release update? It doesn't make any sense... I don't win more money by releasing something at 790 Patreon or at 800 Patreon, this is not how it works.

The update is just bigger than the previous one, we are talking about 570 artworks, 20+ animation and 4000 lines of dialogue/script.
Im hoping you have read my other comments ... I think I've mentioned several times that's it's just a guess and my opinion ...
Plus even if you set such targets like that say for 800 .. or 1000 till your next release there is nothing to be concerned about in my opinion as You are giving your time and effort in it.

modmuq

Jun 26, 2018
Im hoping you have read my other comments ... I think I've mentioned several times that's it's just a guess and my opinion ...
Plus even if you set such targets like that say for 800 .. or 1000 till your next release there is nothing to be concerned about in my opinion as You are giving your time and effort in it.
you are hero man. you made Irphaeus reply on your comment

Jul 29, 2017
Lets just come up with some conspiracy theory again when we REALLY need irphaeus to show up
Hmmmm maybe hes purposely delaying the update to punish us because he had a bunch of content planned for the mom and saw how poorly she has done in the patron polls. And hes adding a bunch of bad ends where George comes home early and calls the cops on our character.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes