yandex

Oct 17, 2018
I don't doubt some people will unsub right and only pay when there's a release, but that's not what Patreon is about, you should support people if you believe in their work not to buy a product. If anything, Irphaeus has only grown in the past months after the last update despite the lack of releases.
Exactly, and that's what @Joshua Tree also tells folks but many fail to grasp it.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
He's waiting till April payments process for his patreons. Let's be real here.

I stopped supporting him the first time this happened and I won't be re-joining his patreon ranks.

I rather support devs like Stencilbits, who if he doesn't deliver on his promise of an update at X time, he doesn't charge his patreons, instead of the constant "next week" and then all the sudden two months of payments have gone by with only just false promises.

modmuq

Jun 26, 2018
I think he completed the update in February Remember he said he worked on game for six months before released the first update I think it has way to milk the poor patreon because if he did not finish the update that time how he made the preview in January.and he has alot free time because he has no job maybe I'm wrong and I hope I'm because if that was true that will be big problem and sorry for my english

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Supporting someone because of their work is fine. However, you'd be naive to believe them everytime for their "excuses." I see too many patreons as of late who halts all work, delays, give bullshit excuses with the idea that something relating to "health" is involved. Are you kidding me? I highly doubt any of these developers, maybe 1 out of 10,000 is suffering an actual illness from sitting at home, programming and developing games.

Like I said in my previous post, people will look towards ANY excuse, as long as it sounds plausible, people will eat it up. Now, personally I got nothing against Irphaeus, but this cycle has been repeated constantly by many other developers, not all. There are really only a handful of good ones unfortunately.
Actually, majority of these creators doesn't just sit at home, they got school, work whatever else of rl next to creating these games. Majority of these creators doesn't make a ton of money over it either. Also Patreon income is not free cash, its tax able income.

If you want to support someone, then support them if you don't then just don't. It's that simple. If people think its such a great cash cow to make these kinda games, then everyone stand free to start make them right? Nothing keep you back from cash in on that sweet patreon money right? So when is your next game coming out GenSugi? Free will is a wonderful thing, because no one forces you to pay a single nickle to someone you don't want to support.

And now I got dragged into another thread about a game I'm not even playing, about the same old; milking, scamming, bullshit that keep go on and on into every damn thread just about. Sigh @yandex brrrr!

Look, patreon ins't a subscriber service. It's just a monetizing platform. It doesn't promote, nor advertise your shit. That is the creator's own responsibility. What a creator promise, isn't law bidding. It's just a promise, and if they break their word, then stop support them if you feel cheated. I'm sure you had fun up til that point right? Because end of the day there was a reason you started support (if you did).

bakra

Oct 22, 2017
lol i bet the update is already out and none of the patrons wanna post it bc of all the bitching here

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes