Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
The update will arrive when he gets most of april's patreon money, he has no reason to release it before.

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
Many people assume he will release it in april for money..
But that kinda confuses me, why would people stop their pledge once he releases the game?

If you just want to pay once for the game, wouldn't you wait with the pledging until the update is released? oô
I mean, you can read the header of the patreon-only posts so you can guess what they are about even without pledging..

I really don't understand that reasoning, sorry =/

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
I swear everyone will hear a collective orgasm when the update drops
well that is a pretty accurate statemant considering our antcipation and the qualitiy of this game...
i mean damn 4 days?! isn´t that pretty much double the usual update content?

Piyush3362

Jul 7, 2018
well that is a pretty accurate statemant considering our antcipation and the qualitiy of this game...
i mean damn 4 days?! isn´t that pretty much double the usual update content?
No its actually only 3 days with thrice the waiting time. Almost 4 months since the update

Reactions: Marxx

Bbshit

Oct 11, 2018
Many people assume he will release it in april for money..
But that kinda confuses me, why would people stop their pledge once he releases the game?

If you just want to pay once for the game, wouldn't you wait with the pledging until the update is released? oô
I mean, you can read the header of the patreon-only posts so you can guess what they are about even without pledging..

I really don't understand that reasoning, sorry =/
The thought process is that he waits til he gets the new month payment because if not people will unsubscribe as soon as they grab the download because they know they're going to be paying for months without a download (In this case 4 months). Then they'll resubscribe either when there's a new download or one on the horizon.

Yoshi Cosplay

Nov 2, 2017
Exactly, makes no sense to lose a ton of money when they can just delay it to get the maximum amount of money they can before people unsubscribe. I don't care how many developers say shit like "Believe what you want, I'm not doing for the money, I'm doing it to have the quality up to my standards." Lol, tbh I don't ever buy that bullshit.

You know, there's a japanese proverb that entails everyone has 3 faces:

The first face you show the public, your peers, teachers, coworkers, bosses, etc...
The second face you show your friends, close friends, family, loved ones, significant others...
The third face you show NO ONE.

People will always say anything to get them out of trouble ALWAYS. We've done it since we're kids and we learn that "Hey, if I can just pretend to show the public I was in the wrong and get them on my side, I can just keep doing this, it's not like anyone knows I'm lying except me, hahaha." You'd be surprised this happens a lot more often than not.

Now I'm not saying everyones perfect, but I just hate it when people can't even stand by their own word, then in an attempt to recuperate losses when they're against their backs, because people realize they are full the shit, the developers decides to pull out the "excuse cards." Pathetic.
Or the developers will just upload his update when it will be completely done, you're taking this too seriously i think

Bbshit

Oct 11, 2018
the people that will be "unsubscribing" after the update is out most likely aren't subscribed already so the idea that he's "milking the most" out of them is a bit of a stretch, just because it's been delayed doesn't mean malice.

It's a huge update and it takes time to get everything done
Actually Dee, I used to be one of those people. I had a much steadier job about a year ago and I was subscribed to Four Elements Trainer, Palmer, and like 3 or 4 more but then I realized that they generally would take about 2-3 months for a real update and I figured I'd just start subscribing whenever there was an update rather than spend out the ass per month for things I don't even know are coming out or not.

Its like if your local movie theater had a subscription based program and you wanted to see a movie that was coming out soon, but there was no set date for it to come out. Would you subscribe before that point or when it actually comes out?

Reactions: cl0ckw3rk

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I don't doubt some people will unsub right and only pay when there's a release, but that's not what Patreon is about, you should support people if you believe in their work not to buy a product. If anything, Irphaeus has only grown in the past months after the last update despite the lack of releases.

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
Actually Dee, I used to be one of those people. I had a much steadier job about a year ago and I was subscribed to Four Elements Trainer, Palmer, and like 3 or 4 more but then I realized that they generally would take about 2-3 months for a real update and I figured I'd just start subscribing whenever there was an update rather than spend out the ass per month for things I don't even know are coming out or not.

Its like if your local movie theater had a subscription based program and you wanted to see a movie that was coming out soon, but there was no set date for it to come out. Would you subscribe before that point or when it actually comes out?
that'd be what a lot of people do yes and when i can afford to do it thats also what i do, the ones that stay subbed do so to help support the person/people making it.

But again that doesn't mean that it's being delayed to try and milk more out of it, i can't speak of four elements trainer but i know thats hand drawn and animated that takes a lot of time when i was playing palmers games i think they were monthly updates, Waifu Academy tends to be a fairly high quality with each update so naturally it will take longer to make the games with monthly updates tend to be shorter for each indiviual update and feel more rushed imo.

Reactions: TheBlub
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes