alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
It seems the updates are mostly delayed by proofreading and final checking/debug

Maybe the dev can change his workflow abit,
instead of making image 1st, he can write his dialog 1st,
after that, then the proofreader can work parallel while the dev can continue
with the images and coding

Just my humble suggestion :censored:
well, everyone has their own working style :coffee::coffee:

Tsuro

May 5, 2017
It seems the updates are mostly delayed by proofreading and final checking/debug

That's the first time someone made a clever suggestion, instead of insulting the developer. Well done ma dude!

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018

I'm no developer, but from what I've read here over the last months it's basically this: The rendering is what takes the most time overall by far... ...so in general the process is something like this:
1) you build up an idea of what your next update will be about in general (if you haven't done that for the long run anyways, but even then you need some fine-tuning)
2) you start composing your images and render them ---> and that over the run of weeks
3) while your machine/s is/are occupied with rendering you do the additional stuff needed, e.g. writing dialogue, coding, etc.

So having the dialogue out of the way doesn't help that much, it rather delays the other stuff...

If someone with more developing experience wishes to add something (either approving or disproving), please go ahead...

PS: Your suggestion implies that he has someone else for proofreading and doesn't do that himself... ...while that surely is useful to have, we don't know for sure that he does, do we?

Reactions: alexiddd

Greyvan

Mar 28, 2018

Well, I do think it's easier to match the dialog with the image than the other way around. I mean, the images are still a product from a program with some limitation, so I understand why he do them first. The text is way more malleable.

Reactions: Mondoblasto

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I'm no developer, but from what I've read here over the last months it's basically this: The rendering is what takes the most time overall by far... ...so in general the process is something like this:
1) you build up an idea of what your next update will be about in general (if you haven't done that for the long run anyways, but even then you need some fine-tuning)
2) you start composing your images and render them ---> and that over the run of weeks
3) while your machine/s is/are occupied with rendering you do the additional stuff needed, e.g. writing dialogue, coding, etc.

So having the dialogue out of the way doesn't help that much, it rather delays the other stuff...

If someone with more developing experience wishes to add something (either approving or disproving), please go ahead...

PS: Your suggestion implies that he has someone else for proofreading and doesn't do that himself... ...while that surely is useful to have, we don't know for sure that he does, do we?
Yes we do he said it himself that he sent it to get Proofread 4-6 days ago

total

Jun 17, 2017
Yes, he has a proofreader.

Problem with creativity is that you can't rely on a days work giving you a days worth of useful output. Sometimes delays are gonna happen on a project that has an actual storyline while the details get figured out. It is much easier to give a consistent monthly content output when you're doing something generic.

Don't rush the dev, let him do his thing. He's doing a great job so far, despite this mistake in giving estimated release dates. For future reference Irphaeus, take your estimate, double it and add another two weeks to be sure. Much better to release early and surprise everyone.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
reading this thread became more amusing than playing game, i love it. please postpone release for few more weeks bcs this is better than most sitcoms...;)
Be sure to visit Dual Family by Gumdrops too, the greatest entertainment this site has to offer ;);) You will be G.L.A.D

Reactions: hrvoje89

Tsuro

May 5, 2017
As of now, i think nothing can really compare to Waifu Academy. Was the first adult game where i actually cared about the story. xD
In terms of quality i think mythic manor is pretty similar. Also a very good game.

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
Yeah the game has something for almost everyone. My favorite in this game are by far Asuka, Kayane and Sheila. But I know others have their own favorites. Personally, the love (good karma) route is what I will be aiming for. But I will try harem (neutral karma) playthrough afterwards.

Reactions: Genji and alexiddd

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017

Well, I do think it's easier to match the dialog with the image than the other way around. I mean, the images are still a product from a program with some limitation, so I understand why he do them first. The text is way more malleable.
Well, that is why I did mention on personal preference of working style

but normally in creative works, a.k.a. movies/drama/anime
the dialog/scripts will come 1st, then approved by the producer/director
only then the product will go under development
because the script/dialog will help visualize the scenes more clearly,
and the actors act according to the scripts.
then here and there, some polish up are added in to prefect the final product
(e.g. some actors suddenly pop up a joke but makes the scene more enjoyable
and got the director's approval rather being censored)
:giggle::giggle:

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah the game has something for almost everyone. My favorite in this game are by far Asuka, Kayane and Sheila. But I know others have their own favorites. Personally, the love (good karma) route is what I will be aiming for. But I will try harem (neutral karma) playthrough afterwards.
Hope each girl have their own good karma route :eek:

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes