Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I'm glad we got to see some of Takamura and advance her story and also a bit of Keiko.
Hopefully the next update will have some more Kaori too :love:

Also there are two instances of someone speaking but having the wrong name, first it was Harada in the scene with Helen, his name appears as Haruka. Second was Takamura in the dojo, her name appears as Thug.
There were a few minor typos too, I meant to write them down when I saw them but ended up forgetting about it.
So true. Dev! Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody! Help!

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I'm not being aggressive in any way. Simply stating my displeasure with a product and giving concise reasons why I find it lacking. No one has actually addressed my criticisms in any of the responses to my post. They have all been made in an attacking fashion to my person rather than debating any of my claims. So... that's a thing.
Well reword your thoughts to give a better crisp understanding. That's all I can say. Being mean isn't crescent fresh.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
You asked for a logical debate, so I will present one. (I apologize in advance for my verbosity. If you don't feel you have the time nor patience to slog through this amount of exposition, there is a TL;DR at the end.) You are completely within your rights to dislike the game if you like. With that out of the way, I shall attempt to address your concerns in the form of a counter-argument, starting with this one: "This game is railroaded for 95% of the game."

There is not much to be said (but I obviously will say a lot): you are currently correct. The main reason you are correct, however, is because from the get-go, the project has been a VN. You yourself have already realized this, as in the same post you stated that "This isn't a game. It's a story-line." Putting aside the discussion of how integral having "story-line" is for a game, we clearly have different opinions on where to draw the line between "book" and "game". While the consensus at large appears to be that this is, in fact, a game, it would be a fallacy to state this as proof of "game-ness" (as that would be jumping on the Band Wagon). However, I will cover this segment a bit later on.
The second reason the story is on rails, as far as I have heard, is that the developer is completing one arc at a time, similar to how Four Elements Trainer is being worked on. Put simply: the game isn't done yet, and therefore, the branching paths aren't done. This also addresses your second point of contention:"The Karma system is a fucking joke." Since there is no pay-off for following a path of morality yet (as there are no true endings), the system, almost by definition, is currently "pointless." This does not, in my opinion, make it any less fun to see where the short story detours go, even if all roads must ultimately lead to Rome, but I understand if you do not agree.

Now, in regards to your opinion that "This needs more choice or you might as well not add it in at all", I cannot reasonably contest this, as your foundation for this argument is "I'm bored with [it]"; an Appeal to Emotion. Furthermore, I'm not sure what [presumably the creator] "having issues" and "bleeding [them] over into [his] art" has to do with anything in regard to the projects qualifications to be a game. Ad Hominem aside, you assert that a "game needs some game", while earlier also stating that this project has "game" in it, albeit not enough for your liking. So, in conclusion, we can agree that this is a game, and that your displeasure with it is based on personal preferences.

TL;DR, The game is an in-progress VN: that is to say that it should be expected to be at least moderately linear by it's very nature; and that the branching paths are expected to come with time.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with having preferences, nor your preferences themselves. If you didn't like the game, all I can say is this: I'm apologize that it wasn't your cup of tea, and while it may become something you'd like down the road, for now, I hope you find a game you adore with all your heart, so that you can be happy.
I want to personally thank you for your approach to the matter at hand. If I could i'd kiss you. Though, i think you'd be able to sue for sexual assault.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Got to a part where you're in a locker room and you have a choice to remove a camera or search locker. Done both but no other options to leave the room. Any ideas on a fix or is it best just to ditch it?

Pitrik

\m/…(>.<)…\m/
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Got to a part where you're in a locker room and you have a choice to remove a camera or search locker. Done both but no other options to leave the room. Any ideas on a fix or is it best just to ditch it?
Click two times on search in the lockers... There are 2 scenes where the MC take different objects

Mar 24, 2019
after get the camera.search the locker twice.after that you can advance

Flubberduck

Sep 14, 2018
They are 2 errors iin script: 2 labels are misstipped :
1) label halld9 instead of halld19
2) label girlsd9 instead girlsd19

Here a corected script.rpy.
Being dense here, but where do you put this script? There doesn't seem to be a similarly named file in the renpy folder

NixtTwix

Jan 20, 2017
I want to personally thank you for your approach to the matter at hand. If I could i'd kiss you. Though, i think you'd be able to sue for sexual assault.
No thanks are required, but you are most welcome anyway. Additionally, my legal counsel has informed me that "proof of penetration" would be required to make a case, so "go easy on the tongue, and you won't be hung", I guess?

Reactions: Ghostly Hale

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
No thanks are required, but you are most welcome anyway. Additionally, my legal counsel has informed me that "proof of penetration" would be required to make a case, so "go easy on the tongue, and you won't be hung", I guess?
*Chuckles* While I am hung. (Yes world i'm a male) I do like to poke fun still. I find it that you're allowed to make jokes involving sexual interactions as long as you respect the other person. And it's an added bonus if you're actually happy with your sexuality. But back to the kiss. Does it count as penetration if in put my tongue in your ear?

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes