Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't care if the update is delayed or not, cause i will play it even 2 years from now. But the dev is really brave... People complain about the delay and he want to rework and correct the WHOLE script ahahahhaha You gain my respect <3
The fact that he also comes on here as well not a lot of devs bother coming on here but I always respect the ones that do visit here a bit more.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Pulled the plug on my pledge as 6 months without an update a vague promise of update end of august after delay, That never materialised post deleted off his discord for asking questions .Worrying scenario for me whilst i am happy to support creators they need to be upfront with the people supporting them.

Reactions: jowishg

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Pulled the plug on my pledge as 6 months without an update a vague promise of update end of august after delay, That never materialised post deleted off his discord for asking questions .Worrying scenario for me whilst i am happy to support creators they need to be upfront with the people supporting them.
True, it's not about delays, i mean it happens and it's probably for the best, but most of the time communication is very poor and that's the issue

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
Hmmm,from days to month again,i cant think positive when it involve irphaeus
Honestly, this is probably the most obnoxious part of some people's responses to the delay.

Like, it's not that there isn't any room for criticism. A schedule slip is bad enough, and this is hardly the first time. Clearly something is wrong or else releases wouldn't be pushed back so many times.

But when people immediately assume that irphaeus is lying or a cheat or otherwise react in the worst way possible (short of swearing or personal threats) it just makes you look toxic. We know for a fact that irphaeus isn't a hack or cheat, they've made great content free of charge for all of us. So when you behave in such a frankly petulant manner it just discredits criticism as a concept.

I'm not saying that y'all can't be unhappy or criticize his schedule slipping, but surely it can be done better?

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
Seriously anyone who complains about delays and time it take try to develop a game even 1/4 as good as this, write a script, balance lots of different characters, render all the images and videos, code it all together so it works, proof read it to a language that is not your own or hire someone to, test and make sure every path and choice works, fix anything that is broken, oh and balance all that with your actual life. See if you have things come up, delays, even complete 1 day of in game time and content. After all that when people start complaining and picking apart what you spent a month or more on still continue to develop the game, build a following of supporters, deal with everyone who downloads it for free complaining because it is delayed, dealing with anyone who has never even rendered one image to see how long it takes per complaining about putting it together faster, and continue to want to keep developing your game. If you wonder why some devs after you and others complain for months and months and months about every little delay or thing they do decide to stop making a game. You and those like you are what kills a developers drive to make a game, kills their passion for what they do and want to do.

If you have never done any of this shut up when it comes to a good developer who makes a great game. Irphareus still has a passion for this stuff. Don't kill it or you really will come here one day and see an abandoned tag and you will have to go find someone else to be impatient with and harass about a game that is probably far from the quality of this one.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
Seriously anyone who complains about delays and time it take try to develop a game even 1/4 as good as this, write a script, balance lots of different characters, render all the images and videos, code it all together so it works, proof read it to a language that is not your own or hire someone to, test and make sure every path and choice works, fix anything that is broken, oh and balance all that with your actual life. See if you have things come up, delays, even complete 1 day of in game time and content. After all that when people start complaining and picking apart what you spent a month or more on still continue to develop the game, build a following of supporters, deal with everyone who downloads it for free complaining because it is delayed, dealing with anyone who has never even rendered one image to see how long it takes per complaining about putting it together faster, and continue to want to keep developing your game. If you wonder why some devs after you and others complain for months and months and months about every little delay or thing they do decide to stop making a game. You and those like you are what kills a developers drive to make a game, kills their passion for what they do and want to do.

If you have never done any of this shut up when it comes to a good developer who makes a great game. Irphareus still has a passion for this stuff. Don't kill it or you really will come here one day and see an abandoned tag and you will have to go find someone else to be impatient with and harass about a game that is probably far from the quality of this one.
Even if this 100% correct (which I don't completely think it is) that doesn't make it a productive sentiment.

Presumably, we all want Waifu Academy to succeed, which will happen by more people becoming patreons. And that isn't going to happen if we shout down every criticism. Not to mention the idea that only developers can criticize anything is hella anti-consumer, we're either people who pay money for it or hopefully will pay money for it. So constructive criticism is in no way a bad thing. We might lack the expertise to provide a solution but we can absolutely point out that there's a problem.

So unless people are denigrating the dev I don't think this kind of attitude is helpful. But if they are then let 'er rip ;)

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
S

Let me see, according to you, you have no right whatsoever to complain, let's say, if a delay on a parcel for you occurs or if it gets damaged on the way unless you had tried to have a delivery company of your own before, right?

I don't need to be a chef to know if a dish tastes bad or if is taking more time to prepare than what it should, especially when I have already been told by the people with the experience how long it should have taken.

Voicing criticism can be done in many ways, as a developer, you don't want people to be compliant if there's clearly a problem, but if you really want to help, toxic behavior won't help anyone either.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
S

Let me see, according to you, you have no right whatsoever to complain, let's say, if a delay on a parcel for you occurs or if it gets damaged on the way unless you had tried to have a delivery company of your own before, right?

I don't need to be a chef to know if a dish tastes bad or if is taking more time to prepare than what it should, especially when I have already been told by the people with the experience how long it should have taken.

Voicing criticism can be done in many ways, as a developer, you don't want people to be compliant if there's clearly a problem, but if you really want to help, toxic behavior won't help anyone either.
Anyone else experiencing deja vu here?

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Feedback is constructive criticism, you make suggestions on how to improve the game, the releases, etc. Feedback isn't saying "Where is muh release","Delayed again the dev is milking his patrons", "X developer releases faster git gud", etc, etc.

Sorry for another useless comment, I just had to let my steam go, it gets tiresome reading page after page. I usually wait for a topic to chat on these threads but most of the games I play still aren't ready yet.

Now back on topic, I hope Elizabeth will receive some love sooner rather than later, I kind of hope she actually knows it was MC the one molesting her, and she just wanted to have some fun without acting too interested in MC even though she was.

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
"Delayed again the dev is milking his patrons"
this is a fair criticism to me, we're not only reviewing products but also dev themselves.

that aside, i don't see any wrongs in asking for update. i think the most important part of communication is "don't feed the trolls" and "don't be toxic", no matter asking for updates or giving feedbacks.

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
S

Are you paying for those things you complain about? Did the chef give you free food? Had you ever tasted or cooked for before? Seems to me like you and most everyone has a knowledge of food and how to prepare it and how it should taste.

I am just saying that if we keep up with the constant negative in the forum it is not a good thing to keep a dev wanting to work. A friend was a game developer a while back and life hit (someone died), then logging into read negativity and people saying scam this and lies that and accusing him of making up personal problems when he had much more to deal with killed his passion to do anything. Especially for those that were so negative. Constantly accusing someone when you have no idea what is going on in their lives is not the way to go. Be better human beings. The develop your own game thing was to put yourself in their shoes. See what these guys and girls go through every month. Not all of them are single or without families and can dedicate 100% of their time to a game. If you work do you want to work 90 hours a week and get paid for 40 and spend zero time with your family? There are literally people who pop in here every day and post negative stuff for a game they love just because they cannot have it now.

Jul 7, 2019
I don't think most people who get this game for free should complain. Because that's what sponsorship is all about, you get the service you deserve by sponsoring, and I'm sure the authors aren't obligated to update for you if you don't pay anything. Authors are not saints. If there's a sponsor among those complaining, forget about it.

Jul 7, 2019
If you're a sponsor, you have a right to complain. But if you're not a sponsor and the author gives you free updates, you should be grateful, not complaining. If you want to play this game, please be patient. If you can't wait, don't wait. It's none of your business if the author makes a promise but doesn't keep it, because the author has no obligation to serve people who aren't sponsors.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I have explained several times why the update is taking a while. Dev lost his chart of all the girls names. Poor guy just cant find it.

So, lets help a dev out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes