Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
At this point its not even about being patient. The person promises to deliver on a certain date. If it gets delayed 1 time, of course, no big deal. 2'nd still no big deal, i guess you are trying.. 3'd... After that it get a little ridiculous.... Because you are getting peoples hopes up and then letting them down again. At this point it would be a smarter move to say, its going to take a month before the release and if he happens to release for example 2 weeks before that date, everyone would be ecstatic... A good old trick is to under-promise and over-deliver. If you are not 100% sure you will be ready by the time you think you can, don't say you are going to get it done anyway.
I understand, but he'll have his reasons if he can't release now the update...I'm not a patron and I don't know the conversations on his discord but what we can do as well as wait? ;)

Reactions: Fantabaldu

jdantas93

Feb 27, 2018
At this point its not even about being patient. The person promises to deliver on a certain date. If it gets delayed 1 time, of course, no big deal. 2'nd still no big deal, i guess you are trying.. 3'd... After that it get a little ridiculous.... Because you are getting peoples hopes up and then letting them down again. At this point it would be a smarter move to say, its going to take a month before the release and if he happens to release for example 2 weeks before that date, everyone would be ecstatic... A good old trick is to under-promise and over-deliver. If you are not 100% sure you will be ready by the time you think you can, don't say you are going to get it done anyway.
Exactly, i don't understand how hard it is for people to get that. If you go to a restaurant and they say that dinner will be ready in 30 minutes, but it gets delayed and they say in 40, then 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and so on. It has nothing to do with patience. Stop making "unrealistic" (which is not since several other games deliver on schedule but nonetheless) promises and giving cheap excuses. If you think it will take 2 weeks, say it will be ready in 1 month, if you release earlier its a nice surprise, if not you can still deliver.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
It was just the proofreading that was left I think it will release some point this week but no clue when it will appear on the site probably a long wait for that.
How many times has that been said though, its always "this is whats left" , then it turns into oh I'm adding this and i'm adding that. Every single time the dev has said its releasing soon or its coming soon, something is added to the list causing another delay to that delay. At this point its The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
How many times has that been said though, its always "this is whats left" , then it turns into oh I'm adding this and i'm adding that. Every single time the dev has said its releasing soon or its coming soon, something is added to the list causing another delay to that delay. At this point its The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
And on it goes the proofreading was all that was left and that was pretty much about 30 pages to get through, and I'm pretty sure the dev is eager to get this update just as eager as we are to play it. And if I was him I would be dying to get it across the finish line the only thing he shouldn't have done is said it will be ready at a certain time.

c4f14c018c

Apr 21, 2019
I'm okay with waiting for more than couple months if an update is worth it. It's just coming back at the estimated release time to find out it was delayed makes me sad. Hope the dev will do better in terms of development process time calculation in future, nothing bad in setting expected release date a month or two later than you've initially thought, just try to be realistic about how much you're gonna do and if you went as far as to set a particular date, do impossible but be true to your word. At least, that's how a man should be, if you're a woman, nevermind everything I've said :LOL:

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Y'all ever think, this is Irphaeus, or maybe someone who helps him out ???
Idk what he's on about the compression stuff but he was talking about waiting for this update two months ago so i don't think Irphaeus or anyone working with him has time to pretend to be some random fan here lol

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJsworld
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes