Darkhound

Sep 2, 2017
to answer Jim Webb, miscommunication due to pressure. I think right now, he's being pressured because he realized he took a lot of time (maybe losing patreon..) and he's rushing it without really having a real estimate about the time he still needs to wrap it up.

So, you know you say "one week max" to temper people then you realize it might need "ten days" until you realize you forgot a part.. and here goes 15 days. When you rush things, there is a lot of adding delays. At this time, i'll just give the man a break..we waited months we aren't a day close. Still, if he had a better com or someone who could deal with it, i think he'll be less pressured.

Also, yeah, it takes a lot of work to create a game.

EDIT: Jowishg back in july he said he was done at 70% i think. tbh, i just think with summer and how hot things were, he just couldn't work as he wanted and hen he wanted.
In fact he said, that due to the heat he was forced to work at night, otherwise he would be prone to heat-stroke or get nothing done at all.

Oct 20, 2018
To me he just keeps giving excuses . Too bad his patreons will take any bs he keeps giving lmao . Ahh next update released next month if lucky . Meanwhile you white knights keep defending him thats cool mate lol . Oh and ya 3+ gb of files doesnt mean is all for the update , so dont be surprise if the gameplay is 10-20min like the prev update . Because the prev update is also a "big" update . Baby dont hurt me

jdantas93

Feb 27, 2018
It doesn't matter what Irphaeus tells on this forum. He owes pirates nothing, so the outcry here is absolutely irrelevant. The only thing he has to care about are his patrons. You are all sooo unimportant. Devs only appear here because of promoting, not because they care of a pirate community, which I can completely understand. So stop behaving like 5 years olds in a supermarket, terrorizing their surrounding with whining and crying because they don't get a lolly.
Such a reducionist and simple way of viewing things, nonetheless can't you see the blatant contradiction in your statement? "You are all sooo unimportant", "devs only appear here because of promoting", LOL, people here are clearly important because they are potential supporters. Don't you think that a dev delivering their promises is good for attracting more funding? While doing the opposite can prevent people from doing it? I was a patreon for the game for some months, now i support other games, i'm currently unemployed but if the game had somewhat constant updates and clear communication i maybe would support it again, and i'm sure many other would.

kifon

Apr 30, 2018
In fact he said, that due to the heat he was forced to work at night, otherwise he would be prone to heat-stroke or get nothing done at all.
Excuse me if iam making an assumptions but we are talking about work at computer right ? If so what kind of bullshit is that ? Not being able to work cuz of heat ? Really ? What about people that work on construction sites while theres 40 C out there for 8 hours straight ? Thats just pure shitty excuse.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Excuse me if iam making an assumptions but we are talking about work at computer right ? If so what kind of bullshit is that ? Not being able to work cuz of heat ? Really ? What about people that work on construction sites while theres 40 C out there for 8 hours straight ? Thats just pure shitty excuse.
That was during a heatwave though not exactly the best conditions to be working in unless you wanted his computer to overheat.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile
Jun 20, 2018
To me he just keeps giving excuses . Too bad his patreons will take any bs he keeps giving lmao . Ahh next update released next month if lucky . Meanwhile you white knights keep defending him thats cool mate lol . Oh and ya 3+ gb of files doesnt mean is all for the update , so dont be surprise if the gameplay is 10-20min like the prev update . Because the prev update is also a "big" update . Baby dont hurt me
Yes,thats what i think when dev ask the fans if they would like double update and it should take 4 month to be done,but for some reason he keep adding stuff,rework this and that and it keep delay again and again,i know he is really dedicated with his work since im his patron before,but the things i dont like about him is,he kept breaking promise..he set date,then it get delay(how many times again?:ROFLMAO:)..my prediction that we only get 2 update in 1 year probably come true ..im just hoping,we will back to normal update that only takes 2 month like before..which is i prefer from beginning,only my opinion

Mar 21, 2019
To me the "horrifying code salad" explanation held the most water. These iterative projects tend to just pile update onto update without clearing the debris from time to time. If they started cleaning up the code and only realized what a shitshow it really had become once they started, that can add a serious delay and will throw wrenches into your development from unexpected corners until you finished un-fucking the entire thing. And it will be invisible to 99% of the users, so a seriously unrewarding task to boot.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
This thread is getting more and more ridiculous ... If you don't have the patience go to play other games or at the most start again waifu from the beginning ... I can also understand that you are tired of waiting but get to say that he steals money from supporters or that he says only bullshit seems a little exaggerated to me ...
Do not judge me aggressive or similar because I am writing with the most absolute calmness ... Honestly, I too am tired of waiting but I have so many games in the meantime to try and I don't come here to complain ;)

With love
Pitrik :LOL:

awiwi

May 14, 2019
Guys let's just wait he'll deliver.
With that said, i just found out i've been jacking it the wrong way. It seems you're suppose to treat your meat like an wife from the 1800's. I'm not a masochist. But it's growing on me.
Just posting this to take some attention off the dev. Hope it's working. :p
heh what does this mean? :p

Reactions: Ghostly Hale

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
To me the "horrifying code salad" explanation held the most water. These iterative projects tend to just pile update onto update without clearing the debris from time to time. If they started cleaning up the code and only realized what a shitshow it really had become once they started, that can add a serious delay and will throw wrenches into your development from unexpected corners until you finished un-fucking the entire thing. And it will be invisible to 99% of the users, so a seriously unrewarding task to boot.
Don't like the sound of that, it could render previous saves worthless, and if the current script is changed in any way Ren'Py will believe it to be entirely new script, so you won't be able to skip the content automatically. So unless the dev puts the setting to allow to skip unread content you'll have to use Unren to activate that, is just one extra hassle step, but still.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes