Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Guys let's just wait he'll deliver.
With that said, i just found out i've been jacking it the wrong way. It seems you're suppose to treat your meat like an wife from the 1800's. I'm not a masochist. But it's growing on me.
Just posting this to take some attention off the dev. Hope it's working. :p

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Darkhound, like you i have 0 issue with delays, i mean i've been waiting for the next suikoden (if people knows..) for shit, maybe 15 years or more..(not taking those teikreis or whatever they're called in account).

But, if you are like me in patreon AND on his discord, then you might have been in the same situation as me.
Aka 0 news in months. I am not even asking for a detailed report like Boom's does..(who also answer every damn post in patreon..) but you know just one post monthly in patreon would be nice. In discord he sure talks but as of news about the game, there was nothing till september. Only answer we got was "when it's done".

In patreon the situation is as such that people are posting in the 4th July post to gives each others news. Besides, some people, dont know about discord or use it, or even have the time to go there and only rely on patreon to get news, also it's not like everyone knows about F95 forum to get news too. so, yeah that's sucks for them.

Anyways, For me he can takes all the time in the world, you know right now i am stuck (work) in an hotel room with a shitty internet, who won't let me download one thing, so, i'll probably be only able to play the update in 15 days or so.
Still for me lack of communication is also a lack of respect, it's the same as when you avoid answering your mom calls.
But you don't realize that she's just worried about you. that's being an insensitive jerk (i am talking about the guy ignoring calls not irphaeus)

Plus, you don't need to have made a game to put yourself in their shoes..i think a lot of us have done creative works over the net (translation, scanlation, subtitles, reviews, web designing etc etc..) at some point and be in front of a lot of criticisms, rude people, impatient ones..etc. either because people thought you were too slow or your work was poor etc..i always felt that people who overpraised me were making me lazy and self confident, and criticisms (even though i hated them at the time) were the things that made me grow.

If you can't take in those people, then you can't accomplish shit in life or create anything for what it matters.
and when you give people expectations, you got expect you also give them frustrations. I've been more or less in his shoes, at some point in my life, i ended up in the hospital because of the pressure and..i can't tell you the number of insult i've read at the time. But when i got better, i continued doing it, because i just enjoyed myself.

But when you do this kind of work, because you don't move a lot, it's easy to get health issue, so i recommend every creators like Irphaeus, to you know take their time, get some fresh air, move, do some sport, don't eat trash food.

Being healthy is your first work in life.

Also, i wanted to pointed one thing lately i read a lot of people complaining about complainers lol. Those guys don't realize they're just adding to the complains list it seems ;). We complain because it's a great game and good work, the same as vevqil Love and Submission is still an active thread while being on hold for months..that's actually envigorating to see so much passion and impatience for your own work (as a creator it add fuel to your energy).

I hope, everyone will enjoy the update when it's released as i won't be able to play it for a while i'll be reading reactions and spoilers, so i am counting on you guys.

Sorry for the tldr :p

Last edited:

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Guys & Gals, I can honestly say, developing a game, isn't simple... I just finished building a desktop, capable of doing this sort of thing... I have seen a lot of developers, doing these games on older computers, which takes twice as much time, as the new ones... Then you have to have the models program, then the background program, inwhich then you infuse them together... Not to mention the story base, and having to use another program to do your dialoge box and speech... If it's a choice base, then you have to develope the different paths that are set... A good 1 gb game chapter can take a while if you want good quality... Don't forget you also have to test it, to get feedback... So let's give them the time, they need... I am like the others, YES, I want to see the update, but let's make sure it's right... Bet most of the bitching will turn to praise, after everyone is finished playing...
Have a NICE day...(y)(y)(y)

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I'm still confused as to why it went from 20 pages to 70. Why he is taking a few day break RIGHT before the end. What was the original plan that went wrong.If there was this much left still, why even say that it could be done in 48 hrs. It just doesn't really add up tbh.
Well 2 weeks ago it was coming soon, and before that and before that. Everytime the dev tells us its soon, something else is "added" to which increases the delay. "Over estimating" can't even be an excuse this time.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Why does everyone keep saying developing an game is hard takes an lot of work etc guy's we know that everyone understands and appreciates the work to do something like this.

Why I maybe someothers don't understand is why Dev keep's giving quasi releases dates such as soon, an few weeks, an couple of days, 48 hrs, can someone answer that one?

Last edited:

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Why does everyone keep saying developing an game is hard takes an lot of work etc guy's we know that everyone understands and apprecticates the work to do something like this.

Why I maybe someothers don't undertsand is why Dev keep's giving quasi releases dates such as soon, an few weeks, an couple of days, 48 hrs, can someone answer that one?
Nobody except the dev can answer that one, nobody knows how it went from 48 hours to a few days. I mean Irphaeus knows he's late on his schedule and people are getting upset, so why the hell is he adding more stuff to postponed the update ? Or he just miscalculated things in the first place ? I've noticed that he's a very miticulous guy, so that's probably the answer, he just wants too much, he's adding more and more. Seriously back in july i've read that the update was going to be released soon, not august, or a week ago, but the end of july he said he didn't have much to do. There are a lot of factors to consider to know why the update is delayed again.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
to answer Jim Webb, miscommunication due to pressure. I think right now, he's being pressured because he realized he took a lot of time (maybe losing patreon..) and he's rushing it without really having a real estimate about the time he still needs to wrap it up.

So, you know you say "one week max" to temper people then you realize it might need "ten days" until you realize you forgot a part.. and here goes 15 days. When you rush things, there is a lot of adding delays. At this time, i'll just give the man a break..we waited months we aren't a day close. Still, if he had a better com or someone who could deal with it, i think he'll be less pressured.

Also, yeah, it takes a lot of work to create a game.

EDIT: Jowishg back in july he said he was done at 70% i think. tbh, i just think with summer and how hot things were, he just couldn't work as he wanted and hen he wanted.

Last edited:

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
It doesn't matter what Irphaeus tells on this forum. He owes pirates nothing, so the outcry here is absolutely irrelevant. The only thing he has to care about are his patrons. You are all sooo unimportant. Devs only appear here because of promoting, not because they care of a pirate community, which I can completely understand. So stop behaving like 5 years olds in a supermarket, terrorizing their surrounding with whining and crying because they don't get a lolly.

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017
It doesn't matter what Irphaeus tells on this forum. He owes pirates nothing, so the outcry here is absolutely irrelevant. The only thing he has to care about are his patrons. You are all sooo unimportant. Devs only appear here because of promoting, not because they care of a pirate community, which I can completely understand. So stop behaving like 5 years olds in a supermarket, terrorizing their surrounding withing whining and crying because they don't get a lolly.
I support him on patreon. He doesn't post shit there so I can't talk about it on there. An criticism on discord gets like 5 people after you so i'd rather not say shit there. This is pretty much the only place you can say shit and actually have a discussion about it.

jj444

Oct 9, 2018
It doesn't matter what Irphaeus tells on this forum. He owes pirates nothing, so the outcry here is absolutely irrelevant. The only thing he has to care about are his patrons. You are all sooo unimportant. Devs only appear here because of promoting, not because they care of a pirate community, which I can completely understand. So stop behaving like 5 years olds in a supermarket, terrorizing their surrounding with whining and crying because they don't get a lolly.
well longo mc fap the dev posts his game on hear so people play it, hopefully like it and support it. Now say you were a new player who just hoped on and saw the comments complaint about the update always being pushed back would you want to support him. This is a free to play game even if someone does pirate it, it would just help the dev anyway by spreading the game even farther. But if I were a new player of the game and wanted to support it, but saw the devs constant push of updates I wouldn't want to support either. Now for the people who constantly complain and don't even or intend to support. Y'all are just some bitches plain and simple

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
I mean maybe, but how much traffic has been sent his way from this site? I have supported the game in the past other's too I'm sure I think this site is quite important for keeping new guy's coming to Dev's Patreon.

And thanks for the compliment thrown in at the end always appreciate such an grownup response cheers.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
to answer Jim Webb, miscommunication due to pressure. I think right now, he's being pressured because he realized he took a lot of time (maybe losing patreon..) and he's rushing it without really having a real estimate about the time he still needs to wrap it up.

So, you know you say "one week max" to temper people then you realize it might need "ten days" until you realize you forgot a part.. and here goes 15 days. When you rush things, there is a lot of adding delays. At this time, i'll just give the man a break..we waited months we aren't a day close. Still, if he had a better com or someone who could deal with it, i think he'll be less pressured.

Also, yeah, it takes a lot of work to create a game.

EDIT: Jowishg back in july he said he was done at 70% i think. tbh, i just think with summer and how hot things were, he just couldn't work as he wanted and hen he wanted.
I think you are probably correct I think he does need someone to help with his communication for his Discord, Patreon, here elsewhere other dev's do this and it helps them an lot take's the pressure off them, and keeps us guy's off there back maybe someone could suggest that? thanks!

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes