ryusai

Apr 10, 2018
Since 2015, I have followed a substantial number of Patreon projects (between 10 and 12), and the only one I saw going to completion was Lab Rats.
All the others (Rogue-Like Evolution, Monster Girl Island, Harem Hotel, Summertime Saga, Mythic Manor, Dark Magic, etc...) are still in development.
I really appreciate Waifu Academy and I really hope this project will come to fruition, but as stated numerous times in this thread (and in a lot of others threads), it is extremely rare for a Patreon dev to finish a project (I would say 4 to 5 % only, if I had to make an estimated guess).

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
it is extremely rare for a Patreon dev to finish a project (I would say 4 to 5 % only, if I had to make an estimated guess).
Also seems to become more of a trend lately and it's usually the ones that have the most potential as well. But I do hope he sees this out because once finished I think it will certainly be one of those games that's a must-play for everyone.

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Also seems to become more of a trend lately and it's usually the ones that have the most potential as well. But I do hope he sees this out because once finished I think it will certainly be one of those games that's a must-play for everyone.
I wonder if it has to do with rendering or animating more complex scene. Devs just get to a point of frustration and it sits on the backburner until finally they abandon it.

It's also why, while I appreciate slow builds, I have a new respect for more frontloaded games where a lot of the content is in the first few updates and the story stuff is on the backend. Too often I feel burned from great renders where it's just a lot of flirting the first few updates and the game is abandoned by update 4.

Unfortunately, this in turn has made me really squirrely about supporting games. In general, I'll only support games that either have very set release schedules (see NLT) or games where the devs release weekly patreon only content as to me that shows there is still active work being done in between releases (see Motkeyz, Lykanz, Dante).

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
I wonder if it has to do with rendering or animating more complex scene. Devs just get to a point of frustration and it sits on the backburner until finally they abandon it.
Have you ever noticed that this also seems to happen more often to games that either have a lot of characters OR add more later on?

The story for this games usually have you meet the girls one by one on their own story, but is not until they start to get together when devs have to figure out what to do with so many characters, if you focus on many they will get little content per update and if you focus on one you'll leave the others behind, not to mention you now have to find a way to make everyone's story fit together in some weird way.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Last april Irphaeus said:

Sometimes I still think about what he meant, since I don't think we're nowhere near a conclusion for any routes.
My only guess is he meant the second act (of the three planned acts) of the high karma route would be finished by then.

It worries me that he intends to release the prologue of Waifu Hunter after that. I've seen people develop two games at the same time and it's usually bad news for both projects.
Usually when developers focus on other projects, the first one gets either delayed and you need to wait a lot for updates or gets finished more early than expected or in the worst case it will get on hold and most probably forgotten, i feel that the story isn't finished yet, how can the first route come in conclusion so soon? and how many updates it will be until fall at the end of the first route? i can just assume that it would be 2 or let's say 3 updates but not more than that, so how can he reach a conclusion in just 2 or 3 updates? i'm kinda confused, especially when there are still girls that needs a story each, those last updates needs to be pretty big to get everything in the story if he wants to finish the first conclusion so soon.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think if he was to end this soon the updates would need to be pretty big there are so many loose ends that would need to be tied up and this is one of these games where there is so much going on with the story. I'd hate to see this end as it is so much you could get out of this story I mean hell I don't even think the MC has interacted with Shirohime and she is just as mysterious as Rachel really want to find out more about those two and their backstories.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
I think if he was to end this soon the updates would need to be pretty big there are so many loose ends that would need to be tied up and this is one of these games where there is so much going on with the story. I'd hate to see this end as it is so much you could get out of this story I mean hell I don't even think the MC has interacted with Shirohime and she is just as mysterious as Rachel really want to find out more about those two and their backstories.
I imagine that all the endings will be harem endings, because doing an individual ending for all the girls would be even more difficult for him.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I imagine that all the endings will be harem endings, because doing an individual ending for all the girls would be even more difficult for him.
Lover route will not end in an harem, if you want an harem you rather go for the Opportunist route.
High karma route will be for individual girls, mixed karma will be (mostly?) harem. Low karma will probably be kinda dark.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes