Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Irphaeus has things common with other russian adult game devs, that is inconsistency or greed. but they got solid art/models

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
In the makings of this game, the hardest thing is to code renpy, with setting up postures and scenes can be done within Honey Select rather easily (What differs between this guy and others is that his mods are really well set up for Honey Select).
Like I said +40 pages ago, there is absolutely no excuse (Other than being hospitalized for like 4+ months and having issues moving your hands, or using the PC) to take as much time as it has for the content he puts out.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he literally worked 5 hours per week.. Which is a pretty disproportionate paycheck for the amount of time he works in a month. If he releases the update tomorrow, I think that even if it has like 4k images, 200+ animations and 20k lines of dialogue, then this wait was just him fishing money from the remaining patrons (And the people who've stopped supporting him recently).. And these figures are small compared to what other active solo creators have managed with similar tools in a similar timeframe (People who work part-time on their games, next to University or a fulltime job).

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
His code isn't even all that complex. Its a couple of decisions with a morality stat that isn't really in play and a couple of scene jumps. His sets are largely premades that he uses with a bit of Hollywood camera trickery to hide the rough edges. Where he excels is the models of his cast and his scene staging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleabag and V-red

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Why did everyone decide that he was Russian?
There is no Russian version of the game, only a translation from enthusiasts of the very beginning of the game.
it's speculation because of a patreon post couple of months ago

zomkung

Sep 28, 2017
i remember the days that this guy released monthly updates with great cg and story.
It fast dropped to every 3rd month a update with "more content" he everytime promised.
if you did the math with his changelog you know that time already he's giving lesser content after longer time.
not it seemed like he turned into Gumdrop Games the second.
really sad for this great game, hope this game will get someday updates again rip.
It's normal behavior that when people get more money.

While they realize that they can bullshit anything on supporters. Blinded one still milking every month.
In the makings of this game, the hardest thing is to code renpy, with setting up postures and scenes can be done within Honey Select rather easily (What differs between this guy and others is that his mods are really well set up for Honey Select).
Like I said +40 pages ago, there is absolutely no excuse (Other than being hospitalized for like 4+ months and having issues moving your hands, or using the PC) to take as much time as it has for the content he puts out.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he literally worked 5 hours per week.. Which is a pretty disproportionate paycheck for the amount of time he works in a month. If he releases the update tomorrow, I think that even if it has like 4k images, 200+ animations and 20k lines of dialogue, then this wait was just him fishing money from the remaining patrons (And the people who've stopped supporting him recently).. And these figures are small compared to what other active solo creators have managed with similar tools in a similar timeframe (People who work part-time on their games, next to University or a fulltime job).
I code for life, I don't think the game he is making is hard. Not see any complicated functions.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
it's speculation because of a patreon post couple of months ago
Yes, I read about the remnants of the Russian text from Google translator.
In fact, the game is not at all like Russian - it is interesting and beautiful. Games from Russian developers, usually gray, gloomy with an attempt to portray reality (Stanislavsky or mentality?), With the frank desire of the authors to cause the player problems, humiliate him, in general - I don’t get pleasure from such games. But Waifu Academy, one of my favorite games, i strongly doubt that it is from Russian developers.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018

renpy is actual pretty easy, It's just a script.
you can learn it with 0 knowledge in a short period of time.
it really is harder to do the scenes.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes