Banish

Mar 29, 2019
On the 18th, i think they are gonna say "you know there is 52 weeks in a year "next" could mean any of the reminder week there is". But it's definitely this year!

Also, as a former patron of his..people tend to say patrons should stop pledging to make him realize the situation.
But, if you've ever been on discord..i don't think it would help. Being surrounded by people telling you all day long that you're the best and everything is great..isn't the best remedy to figure out reality.

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
On the 18th, i think they are gonna say "you know there is 52 weeks in a year "next" could mean any of the reminder week there is". But it's definitely this year!

Also, as a former patron of his..people tend to say patrons should stop pledging to make him realize the situation.
But, if you've ever been on discord..i don't think it would help. Being surrounded by people telling you all day long that you're the best and everything is great..isn't the best remedy to figure out reality.
Wondering if this isn't why some devs have stuck to Discord, easier to manage dissent?

PandaBrah

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Dose anyone know where to find the playlist of Waifu Academy?
Im especially interested in the song where the protagonist and kung fu girl was watching the pretty view in front of the Dojo.
if anyone knows where to find the songs or can ask the discord much appreciated
another note if you guys are bored with waiting go play "being a Dik" its the same level If not better then waifu
You can generally find them by extracting assets with rpaExtract then looking in the game>images folder. Netherplace by Eric Matyas might be the song you're looking for.

lXenol

Jan 17, 2018
Another thread not worth following anymore. If there is an update someday I will see it in the latest updates section. Everything else is a waste of time. Have fun!
Dude, this thread is fun.. they keep fighting on the release date then someone will post a wallpaper teaser then everyone will be "wohh, can't wait" then fights again with NTR then wallpaper again then repeats. isn't that fun?. lol

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Dude, this thread is fun.. they keep fighting on the release date then someone will post a wallpaper teaser then everyone will be "wohh, can't wait" then fights again with NTR then wallpaper again then repeats. isn't that fun?. lol
I'm too old for this shit :giggle: ;)

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Irphaeus is actually a genius! Why bother doing tons of updates if he can keep milking the patreons monthly and deliver 2-3 updates per year, work which he likely gets done in 1 month? Seriously, with a couple pratice and a bit of planning and he can get 30 minutes worth of content done in 1 month, especially if you consider he re-uses a lot of CGs. I am sure he is sitting on the update for months and just keeps on dragging on releasing it as best he can, he knows the patreons will likely stick around for that juicy game. Even if you say "life happens", something goes wrong and not as planned, an honorable dev would keep the patreons informed in the development so that they wont lose faith, stop asking the donations per month and change per release, apologize by giving more perks to the lower money giving patreons... but no, giving a date and then saying its not ready its better has a hook and fish tactic.

• Haha
Reactions: V-red and MrSkitzo
Jan 13, 2018
Stop bring up the fact that this is a pirating site and we are getting it for free. I'm sure a few of us here, me included, WERE patrons of him last time but am no longer patrons of him right now (because of this bullshit 2 months update per year). Why the hell can't we complain about this in hopes that other patrons will stop supporting him. The only way we are getting more contents and update is when people stop supporting him, that way he will have to do something to attract patrons to donate to him again. And that something will most likely be more content and updates. Plus with this Cov19 and lockdown situation happening right now, he should have more than enough time to be doing more content for us and the fact that patrons should seriously start saving up money or using their money for way more important things in this time of crisis.

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
alright, i feel like i can give my 2 cents here, since i argued for the other side a few pages back.
i'll also address your points one by one, since you kinda went from one point to another pretty quickly.

Stop bring up the fact that this is a pirating site and we are getting it for free. [...] Why the hell can't we complain about this in hopes that other patrons will stop supporting him.
Because, frankly, it's not gonna change anything if you complain here, where you get the game for free. Argue in the discord before you leave, that's the best way to reach his patrons, after all. Why should they hang around here, where nothing new is being discussed for basically half a year now.

Also. You want us to stop arguing for one side and tell us we can't argue against you when you present your side ? double standards much ?

The only way we are getting more contents and update is when people stop supporting him, that way he will have to do something to attract patrons to donate to him again.
That's a assumption. Not a fact. And it is completely based on either the devs overwhelming lazyness or his malicious intent (meaning overwhelming greed, mostly). If none of them hold true, your complete theory goes out the window. So i would say, it's not a very good assumption.

Plus with this Cov19 and lockdown situation happening right now, he should have more than enough time to be doing more content for us [...]
Look, there's another assumption you have here, with (at least from what i know and what you presented) zero evidence. After all, he could be out there, helping people in his day job (does he have one ? i don't actually know), by going grocery shopping for them, helping out in clinics, or a ton of other things. I don't know. And i think you don't know either, since you presented absolutely zero evidence.

[...] and the fact that patrons should seriously start saving up money or using their money for way more important things in this time of crisis.
Look, i don't mean to stop you from trying to look after other people. That's a good trait to have. The thing is, a lot other people dislike it when you just straight up tell them what to do. And this is especially pronounced with money. So, please, generally don't tell people what to do with their money.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Interesting definition there - especially when posted by a user on a site that revels in 'pirating'. I take it you deem yourself an honourable user then?
piracy also turns pirates into loyal paying customers if the product is good or dev has integrity
there's a dev called ntrman, he pauses billing on patreon if he can't deliver something each month. now that is honourable

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Interesting definition there - especially when posted by a user on a site that revels in 'pirating'. I take it you deem yourself an honourable user then?
Well, when even the game developers roam these forums... and as far I know most of the devs aren't asking you to pay for their game, rather your support so they can keep doing it. Not advocating piracy, but I am sure they rather have people playing and knowing about their game and get enough support from patreon alone, and I am sure a lot, and I mean A LOT of th support for those games comes from people whom try them first here. All I am saying is that Irphaeus is doing a smart monetization of his page, but clearly abusing his/her patreons goodwill, whom keep supporting while getting nothing.

alright, i feel like i can give my 2 cents here, since i argued for the other side a few pages back.
i'll also address your points one by one, since you kinda went from one point to another pretty quickly.

Because, frankly, it's not gonna change anything if you complain here, where you get the game for free. Argue in the discord before you leave, that's the best way to reach his patrons, after all. Why should they hang around here, where nothing new is being discussed for basically half a year now.

That's a assumption. Not a fact. And it is completely based on either the devs overwhelming lazyness or his malicious intent (meaning overwhelming greed, mostly). If none of them hold true, your complete theory goes out the window. So i would say, it's not a very good assumption.

Look, there's another assumption you have here, with (at least from what i know and what you presented) zero evidence. After all, he could be out there, helping people in his day job (does he have one ? i don't actually know), by going grocery shopping for them, helping out in clinics, or a ton of other things. I don't know. And i think you don't know either, since you presented absolutely zero evidence.

Look, i don't mean to stop you from trying to look after other people. That's a good trait to have. The thing is, a lot other people dislike it when you just straight up tell them what to do. And this is especially pronounced with money. So, please, generally don't tell people what to do with their money.
I don't agree with you in some many ways. 1st, complaining here helps because a huge player base roams this forums and probably the dev aswell, same as tons of patreon user, either by looking for mods, walkthrough or whatever, the community is quite big to make a fuss, and people likely discuss the game a lot more here than in any discord. 2nd, its bad intent, 100%, I can't understand how people say otherwise because a honorable dev would never constantly charge supporters while delaying over and over again what they want, without a real proper explanation... simply accept games like this are a gold mine and Irphaeus probably knows this and wants to drag it as long as he can. Even if its not true any of that, he's still at fault for not explaining why he keep giving a date and not delievering, ence why so many former supporters are starting to jump ship. Stop being so innocent, he is milking his supporters dry

Vulgi

Jul 3, 2017
honor .. no honor .. noodles no noodles :p
to be frank for one moment, i guess its sort of a symbiosis between devs and pirates.(i hope that is a correct english sentence xD)
many devs are depending on patreon money .. and this forum is free advertising .. and many of us are patreons for a few projects

but you can see a trend.. >>>some<<< devs are gone for month without any updates .. or throwing lame excuses at us .. even big player like ICSTOR.

If they need a break .. make a statment on patreon and pause the money .. and all are happy "more ore less :)"

razgriz416

Feb 16, 2019
Stop bring up the fact that this is a pirating site and we are getting it for free. I'm sure a few of us here, me included, WERE patrons of him last time but am no longer patrons of him right now (because of this bullshit 2 months update per year).
Can confirm. Am former patron.

As a point of reference, I've been MrDots patron non-stop for 2 years now.

I wonder what the difference is? :unsure:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Can confirm. Am former patron.

As a point of reference, I've been MrDots patron non-stop for 2 years now.

I wonder what the difference is? :unsure:
Exactly. Same with me, except I support DPC and a couple selected others. Even with the flaws and my complaints, I support him because he delievers on time, I know there'll be a good amount of quality content, and even if there's a delay its always properly justified and there's no constant excuses and more delays, basically not feeding bs and thanking/rewarding supporters by actually showing work and the reason why people want to support him to begin with, and not just pirate his games, why he gets the chance of making his game go on Steam. Even if WAcad is already a nice game with a bit of content, having over 1100 patrons while bs them its nuts! Even if they all were at 1$, that's 1000$ he's making a month giving nothing back.

Last edited:
Reactions: vmaks

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Well, when even the game developers roam these forums... and as far I know most of the devs aren't asking you to pay for their game, rather your support so they can keep doing it. Not advocating piracy, but I am sure they rather have people playing and knowing about their game and get enough support from patreon alone, and I am sure a lot, and I mean A LOT of th support for those games comes from people whom try them first here. All I am saying is that Irphaeus is doing a smart monetization of his page, but clearly abusing his/her patreons goodwill, whom keep supporting while getting nothing.
No worries - my remark was not at all against piracy in general. And yes - you are right that there are many devs around here and also many that dont charge anyone.

You simply triggered me to answer by using 'honourable' while venting on a site that mostly cares for the 'free' stuff. Not taking sides in your original argument but its kind of the wrong place to vent here in the first place.

Secondly - most dont understand what patronage means. Its not payment for a given product or service but a voluntary 'donation' without clear boundaries of what you will get (it is general support of an artist by its original definition as a creative process is less structured than others).
Patreon itself defined these boundaries as the Tiers. So unless someone blatantly ignores the Tier promises they are making anything aside from that is not even 'wrong' by means of Patreon. This is very similar to the good old problem of people not reading a TOS of a mobile game and wondering why they all the sudden get booked for x-amount every month all the sudden.
As long as people think of Patreon being some kind of 'subscription' model that entitles them to anything else than the Tier rewards things like you complain about will happen over and over again.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes