CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Patreon itself defined these boundaries as the Tiers. So unless someone blatantly ignores the Tier promises they are making anything aside from that is not even 'wrong' by means of Patreon. This is very similar to the good old problem of people not reading a TOS of a mobile game and wondering why they all the sudden get booked for x-amount every month all the sudden.
As long as people think of Patreon being some kind of 'subscription' model that entitles them to anything else than the Tier rewards things like you complain about will happen over and over again.
Fair enough, being a patron doesn't mean the dev owns them a thing. Still, I think what Irphaeus is currently doing is wrong, he wont be the first nor the last. Its still a very dicky and greedy current practice, charging monthly and delaying after delaying, delivering next to nothing. I dont like the word "scam" since the patrons can always call the quits whenever they want, but its not really that far from the truth, especially if the dev is sitting on the update bidding as much time he can

Last edited:

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
I came to ask if the game was abandoned. Saw the ongoing fight in the thread.
Am scared for the future of this game. It is solidly above average.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
7 month w/o update this its abandoned
I came to ask if the game was abandoned. Saw the ongoing fight in the thread.
Am scared for the future of this game. It is solidly above average.
this game is not abandoned, the dev put up a poll for his/her patreons and asked if they preferred fast updates or updates with a lot of content, they chose the lot of content option.

• Angry
Reactions: V-red

Nobody1337

Mar 14, 2018
this game is not abandoned, the dev put up a poll for his/her patreons and asked if they preferred fast updates or updates with a lot of content, they chose the lot of content option.
Except then he put out the original planned content despite taking almost three times as long and promising extra. Now it's been nearly half a year SINCE he said he was 75% done on the next update.

Aug 18, 2019
I *was* a patreon, however, with no update in 7 months, and no INTERACTION AT ALL in about 4 to 5 months (uploading VD pics is not an interaction, he could have said something about the game, but hasn't; he has literally said nothing about game progress since last november) I unsubbed

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I *was* a patreon, however, with no update in 7 months, and no INTERACTION AT ALL in about 4 to 5 months (uploading VD pics is not an interaction, he could have said something about the game, but hasn't; he has literally said nothing about game progress since last november) I unsubbed
Pretty much in the same boat unsubbed a while back, I didnt mind having to wait a bit longer for a larger fleshed out updates at the time. However seven months is now well out of the realm of a waiting a bit longer. On top of that the lack of communication is beyond frustrating. No, dropping hints on Discord doesn't count, Patreon posts is where info should mainly be posted but that is another issue. Unfortunately it is what it is, giving patrons essentially the power to dictate the release schedule was a mistake. It's like when a major game developer is its on publisher at the same time, with no one to answer to but yourself it leaves you free to do whatever you want and take as long as you want as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Nobody1337

Mar 14, 2018
this post is 100% speculation
No it's not, he literally said how many days of content would be in the release before he started delaying the previous release while promising additional content as a result of the delays and citing the poll. When the release finally came it was the original amount of content promised (2 and a half days) rather than any kind of additional content. He also claimed last October he was roughly 75% done on Patreon...which has since resulted in a near half year long delay.

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
patreons prefer more content then faster release but u rly count half year as a "slower" update ? xD and we will see when he release the update what a "lot of content" mean for him xD it be an extra in game day or what ;) i'm realy curious how meany days is worth he's half year work. becous ofc i can laugh at him now and he will shock us all by throwing in game month

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
i remember the days that this guy released monthly updates with great cg and story.
It fast dropped to every 3rd month a update with "more content" he everytime promised.
if you did the math with his changelog you know that time already he's giving lesser content after longer time.
not it seemed like he turned into Gumdrop Games the second.
really sad for this great game, hope this game will get someday updates again rip.

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
No it's not, he literally said how many days of content would be in the release before he started delaying the previous release while promising additional content as a result of the delays and citing the poll. When the release finally came it was the original amount of content promised (2 and a half days) rather than any kind of additional content. He also claimed last October he was roughly 75% done on Patreon...which has since resulted in a near half year long delay.
Yes it is because you actually have no idea how much content is 1 day.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
Yes it is because you actually have no idea how much content is 1 day.
i'm pretty sure, you dont know how many content 1 day in his game is.
Yes he increased the content amount, that's correct.
But he increased also the amount of time he needet to do that.
i follow this developer since his beginning
and he did lesser content and needet more time for it.
Just go trough all his changelog were he provides image counts + animation counts and do the math self with the release dates.
I did it.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes